PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Fernandes' Dunlop?

Bogie
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
does anyone know what's under the paint of Tiago Fernandes' Dunlop 4d 200 paint. the dimples at the throat are a dead giveaway that it's not a real 4d 200, but just wondering if anyone knows what it is/could be for sure.

ps. tiago fernandes is #24 itf and an amazingly solid junior from brazil. kid made the quarters of us open and banana bowl this year and is now in the semi's of futures tournaments. watch out for this kid.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Nadal1336/d0001c221881.jpg

Buckethead
01-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Who cares about him??How many Juniors are in front of him in the ranking and nothing is said about them??How many won the Juniors GS and didn't make to the tour??
he is using Dunlop AG 200.
This guys doesn't deserve any thread here.

Bogie
01-23-2010, 10:25 AM
i made the thread so obviously i'm interested. "how many junior are ahead of him?"....about 20, and some of them are tomic, kubler (who played in the aussie open this year), yuki bhambri, gianni mina, kudla, and mitch frank....juniors that have quite a bit of buzz around them.

he hasn't won any junior slams and it doesn't really matter, but i don't really care because i just think that he is a very promising kid who has a bright future. he isn't using an ag 200 for sure based on the dimples in the throat, and he most definitely "deserves" a thread here..like it's some sort of accomplishment in a pro's life to have a thread on tt message boards. if you won't have anything insightful to say, then please don't respond. simple as that

drumnman2
01-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't believe how rude some ppl are. If you don't care then why take the time to make a negtive response.

DavidGarcia
01-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Who cares about him??How many Juniors are in front of him in the ranking and nothing is said about them??How many won the Juniors GS and didn't make to the tour??

Please do not be rude to people. He has done nothing to you. If you are not interested in knowing what Tiago plays with then dont bother to enter the thread.

In regards to the frame. It seems to be something different than the Dunlop AG200 4D. My guess would go to perhaps Head Prestige(dont know which one though)!?

Bogie
01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Please do not be rude to people. He has done nothing to you. If you are not interested in knowing what Tiago plays with then dont bother to enter the thread.

In regards to the frame. It seems to be something different than the Dunlop AG200 4D. My guess would go to perhaps Head Prestige(dont know which one though)!?

thanks for actually being nice about it. wit regards to it being a prestige, i don't believe it can be because 1. no cap grommets and 2. i dont think dunlop would risk being sued by head again by painting another prestige as a 200, especially for an up and coming junior instead of a veteran pro. i think it has to be some sort of older dunlop, but idk which ones would be this thin beamed and have the dimples as most 200's do not.

DNShade
01-23-2010, 12:06 PM

I rather doubt it's a Head since Dunlop got sued over the whole Safin MW PJ thing by Head - so they aren't doing that. I'm sure it's probably just the Dunlop Tour mold or something under the PJ. Pretty common thing. I'd have to see more pics to have a better idea.

Bogie
01-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I rather doubt it's a Head since Dunlop got sued over the whole Safin MW PJ thing by Head - so they aren't doing that. I'm sure it's probably just the Dunlop Tour mold or something under the PJ. Pretty common thing. I'd have to see more pics to have a better idea.

http://bananabowl39.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/d0001c22181.jpg
http://bananabowl39.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/d0001c221831.jpg
http://bananabowl39.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/d0001c221881.jpg

those are the only really up-close images i can find for now

SandV62
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
maybe a prestige

DavidGarcia
01-23-2010, 01:22 PM
It must then be a Dunlop Tour Mold. Was Hass not playing with a mold similar to this one before switching to his Head Prestige?

viktorkwan
01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
looks a bit like the blacked-out frame that Robredo has been using for a while?

It's been mentioned in other threads...I think the consensus there was that it was a Pro Revelation mold or something?

SuperDuy
01-23-2010, 07:23 PM

How rude of a comment was that..... If you don't like what kind of questions are posted here; then leave!

Hidious
01-23-2010, 07:27 PM
The revelation mold seems like a very old mold for a junior to use. Could it be the Dunlop pro mold AKA the AG 4D 300 Tour?

viktorkwan
01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
The revelation mold seems like a very old mold for a junior to use. Could it be the Dunlop pro mold AKA the AG 4D 300 Tour?

I don't think it's the Dunlop pro mold AKA the AG 4D 300 Tour...coz supposedly that mold is similar to the M-Fil 200 16x19.

I actually thought of that possibility at first, but after holding my M-Fil 200 16x19 against the pictures, I realised they are not of the same mold...coz the bit of the racket, between the grip and the yoke/throat of the racket where you see the Dunlop logo, is considerably longer in the photo compared to my M-Fil 200 16x19.

I also remember from the photos in the other thread about Robredo's blacked-out racket that that bit of the racket I described above is also quite long.

It was actually mainly based on this observation, and other similarities, that I thought Tiago's racket could be of the same mold as Robredo's blacked-out one.

DavidGarcia
01-24-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think it's the Dunlop pro mold AKA the AG 4D 300 Tour...coz supposedly that mold is similar to the M-Fil 200 16x19.

I actually thought of that possibility at first, but after holding my M-Fil 200 16x19 against the pictures, I realised they are not of the same mold...coz the bit of the racket, between the grip and the yoke/throat of the racket where you see the Dunlop logo, is considerably longer in the photo compared to my M-Fil 200 16x19.

I also remember from the photos in the other thread about Robredo's blacked-out racket that that bit of the racket I described above is also quite long.

It was actually mainly based on this observation, and other similarities, that I thought Tiago's racket could be of the same mold as Robredo's blacked-out one.

Off the topic. Do you currently play with the M-Fill 200 16x19? What are your thoughts on the stick?

Hidious
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM

I also own the M-Fil 200 16x19 and the 300 Tour (which are exactly the same mold btw) and you are right with your observation.

I really like the M-Fil 16x19. I'm currently torn between the 300 Tour and it.

DavidGarcia
01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I also owned both and currently play with the M-Fil 200 16x19. I really do not understand how this frame is so underrated and unpopular on this forum.

Hidious,

what do you string the M-Fill 200 16x19 with by the way (and which tension)?

Sorry for the off-topic.

DNShade
01-24-2010, 04:40 PM
I also own the M-Fil 200 16x19 and the 300 Tour (which are exactly the same mold btw) and you are right with your observation.

I really like the M-Fil 16x19. I'm currently torn between the 300 Tour and it.

They M-Fil 16x19 is a great stick. Just work with some lead on it and it becomes a real weapon. I have a lot of them. Very over looked stick.

As for what the kid is using - there is a 95 pro mold as well - which is what Tommy R is using - the same thing that the old Revelation was from I think. Really hard to tell unless you get to hold the stick in person and even then it could be a few different things.

viktorkwan
01-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi DavidGarcia and Hidious!

I love the M-Fil 200 16x19!

I was previously using the LM Radical Tour with some lead tape in the 3 and 9 o'clock positions...

Decided to switch to a more flexible stick with a more opened string pattern...

Was really tempted to get the Aerogel 300 (16 x 18 ) European version...but finally chose the M-Fil 200 16x19.

Love the stick! It gives me considerable control and also a little more pop (thanks to the 16x19 pattern)!

Tried using Luxilon BB Ace for the mains at 55 lbs and Wilson Sensation 16 at 53 lbs before. But I'm currently stringing it with Wilson Sensation 16, 56lbs on the mains and 54 lbs on the crosses.

Leather replacement grip with Wilson Pro Overgrip...

What about you guys?

DNShade
01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
viktorkwan

Yeah. I'm a big fan of the M-Fil 16x19 as well. Have a lot of them and have them leaded up pretty good - all with TW leather. Very nice. I have a few Aerogel 300 16x18 as well - but I still prefer the M-Fil 16x19.

Strung up at 55/51 with Pacific Polyforce Xtreme mains and BDE/Pacific gut in the crosses. Quite fun.

DavidGarcia
01-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi viktorkwan & DNShade,

I also have one with Wilson Sensation at 58 lbs. My other one is strung with Maxim Touch also at 58 lbs.

I think that Sensation plays pretty well on this frame until it dies or breaks.

I am planning on testing the Head Rip Control on the M-Fil 200 16x19. I like it a lot on my 300 16x18.

Power Player
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
It seems like Dunlop lost guys like Blake, but they have really grabbed a fair amount of younger players. Maybe their new strategy is to use Johnny Mac as their star and keep giving their sticks to young kids and seeing who gets big.

Regardless, I think their racquets are incredible.

Hidious
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey M-Fil 200 16x19 users. I first strung mines with Cyberflash and BigHitter Blue at around 60-62 lbs. Didn't feel too good at first but a couple of grams at 12 and a little bit in the handle and i was amazed. I was so amazed, i haven't tried anything else than BH Blue in this frame. It feels great and looks good.

It asks for poly IMO. Seems to me like syn guts and multis would move too much and break too fast. I may try to hybrid but stringing 2 piece is not recommended on this racquet.

Any thoughts on stringing mains tighter than crosses since the hoop shape is elongated and mains are a lot longer than crosses?

Now why is it not more popular? Here's my guess: It doesn't look very good compared to other modern frames, the paint chips very easily, grommets are impossible to find and... it's a Dunlop.

DavidGarcia
01-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Hideous,

What would you achieve stringing the mains tigher?

Regarding the paint job. Mine are intact (no a single visible chip!). Then again I really look well after my all frames and I hardly play on hard courts, all astroturf here in Ireland.

Hidious
01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Hidious, please.

My first language is not english and i'm not sure i understand what you mean by 'What would you archive'. If you mean 'Why' or 'For what reasons' i would string the mains tighter, i was thinking that since the mains are much longer than the crosses, stringing the mains tighter would even out the stringbed. Just a thought here.

baseline_monster
01-25-2010, 02:20 PM
it looks to chunky at the throat for a pretige/200. dunlop do do some weird pjs sometimes but im unsure on what this is, i think its unlikely we will find out due to the kinds rank. maybe as he gets older and develops as a player we may know

DavidGarcia
01-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Hidious, please.

My first language is not english and i'm not sure i understand what you mean by 'What would you archive'. If you mean 'Why' or 'For what reasons' i would string the mains tighter, i was thinking that since the mains are much longer than the crosses, stringing the mains tighter would even out the stringbed. Just a thought here.

Sorry I made 2 typos there. I meant Hidious and I also meant achieve.

I might try it in my next stringing job tomorrow and see how I get on.

DNShade
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Any thoughts on stringing mains tighter than crosses since the hoop shape is elongated and mains are a lot longer than crosses?.

I've always strung my mains a bit tighter that the crosses. Just seems to give the bed a more even feel. My M-Fil 200 16x19s are strung at mains -55lbs with Pacific Polyforce Xtreme...and crosses at 51lbs with either BDE or VS or Pacific gut.

Power Player
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Hidious..you may have hit on something. I played my 4d200 with poly strung at 62#s and a SGut on the crosses at the same tension. It did not feel like the Poly was at 62 at all. It felt amazing. So maybe your theory is correct about the length of the mains.

I also think the paint is the only thing that is at all low quality with the chipping. Besides that I find Dunlop to be really high quality. The feel of the racquets is better to me then any other brand, but that is subjective.

Bogie
01-26-2010, 11:42 PM
btw, tiago just beat #4 seeded and world #5 junior mitchell frank in the 3rd round of the aussie juniors. i'm telling you guys, watch out for this kid in the future.....

groundbreaker
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Tiago knows how to outlast people in 3 set matches apparently. Look at his previous matches from other junior grand slams...

Bogie
01-31-2010, 01:48 PM
and he just won the aussie open junior actually

AbsolutTennis
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
The kid, who still will be a junior player next year (just turned 17), is coached by Larri Passos, Guga Kuerten's former coach. He practices at Larri's academy, and often hits / practices with Guga. Bogie: good scouting: Tiago will be a top 20 pro player in a near future. You guys might wanna look into the Larri / Guga connection and you could relate the kid to Head racquets. Or this could be indeed a Dunlop mold, as the Dunlop distributor for Brazil is from that area (actually from Guga's hometown).

AbsolutTennis
01-31-2010, 03:10 PM
<43979237> -b273472347`"<sdv>

mltaylor
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm probably completely off on this, but looking at the entire throat area on that racquet I think it's a Wilson of some sort underneath that Dunlop PJ. Maybe a 6.1 type?

Hidious
01-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Many good pics here, i wonder how much it costs to view the full resolution (which is really big).

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=k&cfas=PERSON_FEATURED_NAME&PERSON_FEATURED_NAME=%22Tiago%20Fernandes%22&id=Australian%20Open%20Tennis&showact=details&sort=date&prds=10001&intv=3d&sh=103&kwstyle=and&adte=1264826186&dah=-1&pagez=60&cfasstyle=AND&

AbsolutTennis
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm probably completely off on this, but looking at the entire throat area on that racquet I think it's a Wilson of some sort underneath that Dunlop PJ. Maybe a 6.1 type?

I don't think you are completely off... The throat area does look like some Wilson models.

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I've always strung my mains a bit tighter that the crosses. Just seems to give the bed a more even feel. My M-Fil 200 16x19s are strung at mains -55lbs with Pacific Polyforce Xtreme...and crosses at 51lbs with either BDE or VS or Pacific gut.

I have an m-fil 200 strung with ace 18/vs gut I don't want anymore. 4 1/2" grip.

Shellovic
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
It isn't a 4D 300 Tour/ 4D 200 16x19.
The shaft is too long for a 300, and it hasn't te square form of a 200

Shellovic
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
i'm thinking of a 6.1

viktorkwan
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
hey Shellovic!

are you an Air Oscillate fan too? I freaking love it...

Had my first pair when I was 15...and just got my hands on another pair 2 weeks ago...it feels soooooo good.

trying to find the white and grey, or the white and silver versions...but they are pretty difficult to find!

Shellovic
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
hey Shellovic!

are you an Air Oscillate fan too? I freaking love it...

Had my first pair when I was 15...and just got my hands on another pair 2 weeks ago...it feels soooooo good.

trying to find the white and grey, or the white and silver versions...but they are pretty difficult to find!

Hey viktorkwan,

I lóve them. I also bought another pair of my avatar shoes too a week ago.
It really is too bad they are such rare these days.
I also posted a thread if someone knows if Nike discontinued them.
Hope Nike will release them again then!
For me they're the best!:)

Buckethead
04-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Flavio Cipolla(161, 27 y.o) destroys Tiago Fernandes 6X0, 6X1.

cris
04-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Tiago won the Aussie Junior slam!!!!!

Bogie
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
he only turned 18 in january. jumped 500+ spots in the past year, almost 300 within the past 6 months...

Doubles
04-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Wow, buckethead, you bumped a thread from a year ago just to make fun of some kid who's way better than you? Pathetic...

Timbo's hopeless slice
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
it's the Dunlop racquet, Bucketboy just can't control his hate..

(He would be a 7.0 Lord of the Sith)

Buckethead
04-28-2011, 04:42 PM
it's the Dunlop racquet, Bucketboy just can't control his hate..

(He would be a 7.0 Lord of the Sith)

It's not.
TT posters created and still create hype on some Jrs that have done nothing in the ATP , challenger ... and start to create threads...
Look at Donald Duck( He plays with HEAD) too much hype for a JR that never had the potential to be a top player in the ATP.
So your theory about Dumlops is false because I don't like Donald Duck and Davydenko is one of my fav players and doesn't He play with Dunlop??
Until this kid can crack in the top 100 and win ATP tournaments, his junior AO is nothing.
To be praising and talking all of that cra.. about him is BS.

Hidious
04-28-2011, 07:01 PM
TT posters created and still create hype on some Jrs that have done nothing in the ATP , challenger ... and start to create threads...
Look at Donald Duck( He plays with HEAD) too much hype for a JR that never had the potential to be a top player in the ATP.

Says a forum-trolling 3.5 :rolleyes:

Timbo's hopeless slice
04-28-2011, 07:16 PM
It's not.
So your theory about Dumlops is false because I don't like Donald Duck and Davydenko is one of my fav players and doesn't He play with Dunlop??
Until this kid can crack in the top 100 and win ATP tournaments, his junior AO is nothing.
To be praising and talking all of that cra.. about him is BS.

Ah mate, I'm sorry, I was just winding you up. I actually agree with you about the ridiculous hype the moment some kid wins a match...

Timbo's hopeless slice
04-29-2011, 08:51 PM
by the way, the dunlop website reckons it's a bio 200

Overheadsmash
04-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Says a forum-trolling 3.5 :rolleyes:

Yeah buckethead, stop making so much trouble:mrgreen:

You're a 3.5? So am I. I just started playing tennis two year ago though.

When Tiago Fernandes beats Nadal in the French Open, then I will be impressed. Until then, he's just another guy trying to climb the mountain.

Hidious
04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Sorry to bump this but i'm somehow still curious about this. His new Biomimetic paintjob looks different above the grip compared to his 4D 200, which we could never figure out what it really was.
What do you think?

http://www.esportesite.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tenis13.jpg

Seth
04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Sorry to bump this but i'm somehow still curious about this. His new Biomimetic paintjob looks different above the grip compared to his 4D 200, which we could never figure out what it really was.
What do you think?

http://www.esportesite.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tenis13.jpg

I applaud the bump.