PDA

View Full Version : Malisse Suspended For Four Weeks

Kevin Patrick
04-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Looks like they didn't buy that he said "whole ball" instead of "*****"

"I didn't get defaulted because I threw a ball; I got defaulted because the line umpire thought I said something, and she misunderstood words that sound very similar," Malisse said. "Of course I'm going to get mad when you play an hour and a half in the sun, you haven't done anything wrong all match, and you get defaulted before. And then, yeah, I took it a little personal because that means that all the hard work you've ever done is just thrown away by one misunderstanding by one person."

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=12796&bannerregion=

Camilio Pascual
04-26-2005, 11:03 AM
"I didn't get defaulted because I threw a ball; http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=12796&bannerregion=

Maybe not, but throwing a ball and hitting a lines person is sufficient. He can cry about what he did/did not say as a "Look over there!" strategy all he wants, he was justifiably defaulted for the ball tossing. Actually, AFAIK, it is an automatic disqualification, anybody know for sure?

gugafanatic
04-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I think Mallise should attempt to sue the ATP, what evidence do they have that he was abusive to the lines person. I really think a professional player such as Mallise would have accepted hes punishment if he had been abusive to a lines women.

Chadwixx
04-26-2005, 12:20 PM
too bad he isnt american, he could of gotten away with it

sueing the atp is not a good idea, remember what happend to hewitt? how many bad draws did he suddenly get after sueing?

gugafanatic
04-26-2005, 12:25 PM

sueing the atp is not a good idea, remember what happend to hewitt? how many bad draws did he suddenly get after sueing?

Do you really think players get d***ed over by draws being rigged??? I cant see it myself personally.

Camilio Pascual
04-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I really think a professional player such as Mallise would have accepted hes punishment if he had been abusive to a lines women.

Well, you're right, his brother said he has accepted his suspension. I'm wondering what they mean by suspension, is he banned from playing until Roland Garros?

gugafanatic
04-26-2005, 05:22 PM
No he is avaliable for RG, hes 4 week ban commences next week I think. He also got fined and recieved no prize-money during the miami event.

ragnaROK
04-26-2005, 05:24 PM
What's the deal with Malisse anyway? I remember how anyone was so high up on this guy a few years back and all he's done since is flounder.

gugafanatic
04-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Hes having a reasonable yr and is ranked in the thirty's. Won a title on Hard court, I definitely agree with you though that he is yet to fulfill hes potential. Everyone thought he was going to be future world no 1 after hes Wimbledon semi.

Camilio Pascual
04-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Well, like, u know, he did spend a year or so, u know, with, uh, Jennifer, and it was, uh, not the most illuminating.....um, experience for him.

ford oliver
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey Gugafanatic, the evidence that he physically abused the linesperson by hitting (and bruising) her with a thrown ball (which was the cause of his suspension) is on videotape shown on Belgium TV, so there goes your lawsuit. At least you had the good sense, unlike "Conspiracy Theory" Chadwixx, to know that ATP draws for at least the past 30 years are not "rigged". And what does being American have to do with anything? Agassi has been defaulted twice in his career!

Dedans Penthouse
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Meaning??? Btw, you would want to reword your inimical post to read "could HAVE" instead of "could of."

norcal
04-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Meaning??? Btw, you would want to reword your inimical post to read "could HAVE" instead of "could of." Dedans, the 'could of' goes much better with 'sueing'. I really hope english is not chad's first language.

Dedans Penthouse
04-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Dedans, the 'could of' goes much better with 'sueing'. I really hope english is not chad's first language.
...touche' norcal ;-)

larrhall
04-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I remember watching Malisse several years ago - 4? - play Rusedski in a Sybase/San Jose semifinal (?). He is an amazing talent. He has wasted much of his talent. He is not a Top 40 type player in theory, but a Top 10-15 player. I think he doesn't put the work in necessary to realize his potential. And it's a shame in his case, because time runs out quickly.

spam
04-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Dedans, the 'could of' goes much better with 'sueing'. I really hope english is not chad's first language.

Don't you mean English,as in relating to the English language?

sandiegotennisboy
05-05-2005, 03:40 AM
poor malisse. he needs to get his stuff together. i really do think hes top 20 material. i remember all the bollieteri tapes with him as the X man. He just needs more focus.