PDA

View Full Version : does federer use teh actual retail blx buttcap?

smack that
01-22-2010, 06:11 PM
because the retail blx buttcap is hard plastic is just like the retail kfactor one

but seeing last for the last few years he has been using the retail ncode/prostaff ones makes me assume that he is using a buttcap paintjob :twisted:

maybe??? yes? maybe no

SuperDuy
01-22-2010, 06:13 PM
dont worry about it,,,,, jk yeah,,,, your right

star 5 15
01-22-2010, 06:15 PM
because the retail blx buttcap is hard plastic is just like the retail kfactor one

but seeing last for the last few years he has been using the retail ncode/prostaff ones makes me assume that he is using a buttcap paintjob :twisted:

maybe??? yes? maybe no

It's the normal buttcap. I don't know why you would think it's a paintjob. That would be way overkill and the reason he used the ok'd buttcaps is because that's what priority one had. They had a lot left from when the ncodes were out and continued to just use them until they ran out. And for the record I'm pretty sure what the buttcap is will have any effect on th playability.

smack that
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
It's the normal buttcap. I don't know why you would think it's a paintjob. That would be way overkill and the reason he used the ok'd buttcaps is because that's what priority one had. They had a lot left from when the ncodes were out and continued to just use them until they ran out. And for the record I'm pretty sure what the buttcap is will have any effect on th playability.

maybe cause it could be soft plastic with the gold "W"

star 5 15
01-22-2010, 07:03 PM
maybe cause it could be soft plastic with the gold "W"

I'm pretty sure their is no such thing as a fancy custom buttcap as far as materials go. I mean there may be custom shaped buttcaps like the flare that is on gonzalez's sticks. That's the first that comes to mind but I'm pretty sure softer plastic would not even make a difference. That would wayyyyyyy overkill and completely unnecessary considering it would not even feel any different.

star 5 15
01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I think you may just be going overboard with the whole paint job thing. Yeah obviously a lot of pros use racquets they have grown up with or they just don't want to switch every 2 years but its not like companies are out to fool people in the tt tw message board. 99.99% of people do not closely disect the pros racquets like we do here on the boards. The companies are just trying to sell racquets.

FedererForehand
01-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Who Cares!!!

OliverSimon
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
There is no need to say "who cares". This a Pro Racquets and Gear sub forum. I mean,,,Come on,,,who really cares about any of this stuff anyways.

star 5 15
01-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Who Cares!!!

seriously if it doesn't concern you and you don't care then don't comment.