PDA

View Full Version : Prince Graphite Sport OS

Cup8489
01-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I just found this frame in my cousin's tennis bag, and asked him to try it out. I have no idea of the specs, but from what i could tell it's fairly light, with a swingweight in the 320's perhaps, and it's not too headlight, but slightly.

Very flexy, widebody OS frame. Does anyone know the specs from this frame back in the day?

for reference, this picture has the racket on it, its the top racket (i knew this b/c i saw it on my own USTA card)

http://www.usopenshop.org/v/vspfiles/assets/images/usta_member_card.gif

again, can anyone help me out with the specs? I'm also so intrigued by it, I was wondering if any modern frames play similarly? i leaded it up and took it for another hit, and just 6 grams at 12 o'clock made it a rally beast!

Cup8489
01-23-2010, 07:08 AM
No love for this stick? 16 views and nothin so far...

VGP
01-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I saw a stack of these at a local thrift shop.

There were five of them for $5 each. I was tempted, but I didn't buy them because they weren't all the same grip size. A couple of 2s, 3s and a 4. I thought of snagging the batch.

Looked like decent frames. They seemed solid enough, no funny weighting, no gimmicks. I was thinking I'd string them up, do some fun mods.....

In all a honesty, for me, I need another racket like I need a hole in the head so I walked away - differing grip sizes was a good excuse - even though I could have gotten one or two.....

Cup8489
01-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I saw a stack of these at a local thrift shop.

There were five of them for $5 each. I was tempted, but I didn't buy them because they weren't all the same grip size. A couple of 2s, 3s and a 4. I thought of snagging the batch.

Looked like decent frames. They seemed solid enough, no funny weighting, no gimmicks. I was thinking I'd string them up, do some fun mods.....

In all a honesty, for me, I need another racket like I need a hole in the head so I walked away - differing grip sizes was a good excuse - even though I could have gotten one or two.....

interesting. yeah, theyre pretty fun to mod, the widebody design means you can really slap some lead on it. I have to re-staple the buttcap, but otherwise it seems to play very nice.