PDA

View Full Version : How to replace/fix the Head Suspension Grip/Collar

MichaelChang
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I picked up a Head Trisys 300 (PT600), while I was removing the old grip, the collar literally melted and broken into a few pieces. :twisted: Now the Suspension grip is still in solid shape, but just the Collar is gone. I wonder if anybody has any suggestion how to fix the thing. Or is removing the whole suspension grip is doable?:confused:

MichaelChang
01-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Here is how it looks like right now
http://i50.tinypic.com/21o0745.jpg

It doesn't really affect playability but just looks ugly.

coachrick
01-23-2010, 06:10 PM
For some customers with 2hbh, we used to wrap the grip over the collar(the trim tape actually 'bridged' from the grip to the frame itself). If I were you, I would fill in the gap and wrap the grip higher...sure beats trying to 'repair' a handle of this vintage. Good luck.

MichaelChang
01-23-2010, 06:32 PM
For some customers with 2hbh, we used to wrap the grip over the collar(the trim tape actually 'bridged' from the grip to the frame itself). If I were you, I would fill in the gap and wrap the grip higher...sure beats trying to 'repair' a handle of this vintage. Good luck.

Yes I am thinking about how to fill the gap. Any suggestions?:) The collar weights about 7g.

khw72004
01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
you could try using a piece of a leather grip, that would keep its shape better when warping your grip over it

MichaelChang
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks. I actually put a piece of lead tape 4g and then a piece of leather grip. Though it didn't fully fill the gap but I am going to wrap the grip over the whole thing.

Wondering anybody else has similar problem? These collar were made from much less durable plastics than the PC600's collar.

coachrick
01-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes I am thinking about how to fill the gap. Any suggestions?:) The collar weights about 7g.

Not sure how much that amount of Shoe Goo would weigh...just let it 'skin over' and then shape it with your fingers.

Shoe Goo, duct tape and WD-40...can darned near fix ANYTHING with that arsenal!

4sound
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Another thing you might try is heat shrink tubing. You can cut it to size a little longer and heat shrink down then use a razor to get it flush.

ace0001a
01-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Wow, this is funny... I recently picked up a Prestige Tour Midplus that looks exactly like that. When I took apart the old grip, the collar completely fell apart on me too, haha. It's been sitting in my pile of racquets since. I think I'm just going to cut a peice of shrink sleeve and to bridge the gap between the suspension grip pallet and the frame as that's been my thoughts on fixing it as well.

MichaelChang
01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey Jeff interesting, guess we are on the same page again:) Thanks for the tips guys.

luthertn
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
can u take off the suspension grip and replace the pallets with another pallet?

cheers
05-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I just bought 4 of these Prestige Tour Midplus (Trisys 300) in the 660 cm size (102.5 sq in). A couple of them have the old stock grip which is deteriorating and the collars look cracked and about to fall off.

Does playing without the collar change the feel in any way? I read somewhere that the collar is also for dampening purposes.

Also, I wonder if superglue will work...

The racquet is great, though... Awesome flex, solid feel and plow-through. For the version I have, the Flexpoint Prestige Team (18x19) CAP grommets fit and actually gives it a bit more stability due to the added weight.