PDA

View Full Version : ATP 2010 rackets of the moment.

dgoran
01-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Just an observation and possible sign of racket quality. I noticed trend in players switching recently to the following rackets en masse.

1 - Prince Ozone Pro Tour
3 - Aeropro Drive (and its variations)

Any more? Please add if you have noticed one stick used more than usual...

THESEXPISTOL
01-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Prince Ozone Pro Tour has always been popular, but this year the players using it went deep.

Ferrero, Ferrer, Davydenko, Gil, Montanes just to name a few..

Kick Serve 14
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
...Montanes ..

Off topic and all, but is it me, or does Montanes have the shortest ball toss ever. Maybe thats why even WTA players like Sam Stosur can serve faster than him.

THESEXPISTOL
01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Off topic and all, but is it me, or does Montanes have the shortest ball toss ever. Maybe thats why even WTA players like Sam Stosur can serve faster than him.

I think that's because he's a mainly a claycourter. That shorter toss makes more easier for him put spin on the ball. My coach had his formation in Spain and that's what they teach there.

Kick Serve 14
01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
I think that's because he's a mainly a claycourter. That shorter toss makes more easier for him put spin on the ball. My coach had his formation in Spain and that's what they teach there.

That makes sence, but I've tried it like that, and i get more spin when I have a higher ball toss, also I can get more speed on the ball, considerably, when I have my higher toss. I guess that service style is just not for me...

OliverSimon
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
The Head Prestige is another top racquet

Pioneer
02-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Lol what the pros "use" doesn't mean the racquet is good, just that they get paid by the company to "endorse" their products $$

tennisntn3477
02-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Prince Ozone Pro Tour has always been popular, but this year the players using it went deep.

Ferrero, Ferrer, Davydenko, Gil, Montanes just to name a few..

I think most other than Davydenko- based on string pattern - use the non-pro Ozone Tour as base frame. Obviously could be custom layups or extended lengths in either case.