PDA

View Full Version : New Poly wanted

clarky
01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi All,

I have a Head Extreme Pro and I have been using Lux Big Banger ALU and more recently Lux Big Banger Original.

I am looking to move to a 17 gauge poly, like something a little more arm friendly than the Lux, but nothing too soft.

I tried the Pro Supex big Ace and it felt way too soft and mushy for me.

Can anyone recommend a poly to try, was thinking of either SPPP or maybe the Genesis black magic.

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Clarky

Jonny S&V
01-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi All,

I have a Head Extreme Pro and I have been using Lux Big Banger ALU and more recently Lux Big Banger Original.

I am looking to move to a 17 gauge poly, like something a little more arm friendly than the Lux, but nothing too soft.

I tried the Pro Supex big Ace and it felt way too soft and mushy for me.

Can anyone recommend a poly to try, was thinking of either SPPP or maybe the Genesis black magic.

Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Clarky

Ever tried Topspin Cyberflash? Seems to fit your criteria, slightly softer while not being mushy.

lawlitssoo1n
01-23-2010, 08:18 PM
topspin concept pure, a little bit softer than the cyberflash, but not too soft like big ace, idk concept pure has its own type of crisp. i've been using it since it 1st came and i tried using other strings and for some reason i cannot switch to any other string anymore.

clarky
01-24-2010, 12:32 AM
No have not tried the Topspin Cyberflash, I am in Australia and some of these strings are not available locally here.

I can get SPPP, Genesis, Lux, Technifibre, Pro Supex here locally, I tried the Big Ace, found it too soft and mushy.

armsty
01-24-2010, 12:38 AM
No have not tried the Topspin Cyberflash, I am in Australia and some of these strings are not available locally here.

I can get SPPP, Genesis, Lux, Technifibre, Pro Supex here locally, I tried the Big Ace, found it too soft and mushy.
You can get CF in Aus... that's the only topspin string though.

clarky
01-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Just had both my Head Extreme Pro's strung up with Kirschbaum Proline 2 at 55lbs.

I am having a match tomorrow and will report back my feedback. It was easy for me to get locally and a good price too.

ClubHoUno
01-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Try Signum Pro Hyperion, Tornado and WeissCannon TurboTwist - all 3 AWESOME poly's !

kslick
01-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Pro Line II give it a shot. the only thing you can do is experiment. I tried Hyperion and I hated it. Felt like hitting with a 2x4, my shoulder and elbow hated it as well. I know its suppose to be soft but for some reason it wasn't. Went back to Pro Line II and all is good. Not sure why this happens but.......

schenkelini
01-25-2010, 08:21 AM
ProSupex Blue Gear is a lot stiffer to me than Big Ace. Since you can get that locally, it might be worth a try.

clarky
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Just played my first 3 sets with the Kirschbaum PL2, definitely does not have as much power as the lux, but I really loved the string. Good control, good spin, nice comfort easy on the arm, I would say its the best poly I have used so far, no complaints here at all so far

BigHitterSE
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Kirschbaum Pro Line II - $12/set on TW.com
Best poly on the market in my opinion. Not too stiff, not too soft.

clarky
01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi BigHitter,

I must agree with you, so far for me its the best poly, your exactly right not mushy like Big Ace and not too stiff like the Lux

I really enjoyed it :)

kslick
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Yea I love the PL II. I'm done experimenting for awhile and sticking with what works best for me.

Fedace
01-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Babolat RPM Blast,,,,,this is supposed to be the BEST poly in history of Tennis,,,,,EVER.

BigHitterSE
01-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi BigHitter,

I must agree with you, so far for me its the best poly, your exactly right not mushy like Big Ace and not too stiff like the Lux

Did you play with the 1.25 17g?
I also like the 1.15 18L of PL2

SlapShot
01-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Cyberflash is crisper IMO than Proline II, but both are great polys for people who want something that isn't too soft.

I've found that PLII plays better at higher tensions than most other poly strings - most get boardy, which PLII just gets firm.

purple-n-gold
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Good budget poly's Tech Spinfire and Genesis SpinX

Dennis Chan
01-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Hi BigHitter,

Yea I love the PL II. I'm done experimenting for awhile and sticking with what works best for me.

You guys got me interested in the Pro Line II. If you have tried Babolat PHT and Tecnifibre Red Code, how are these compared to the PL2?

Thanks in advance.

PKUSA
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
You guys got me interested in the Pro Line II. If you have tried Babolat PHT and Tecnifibre Red Code, how are these compared to the PL2?

Thanks in advance.

Blows Red Code out of the water. More comfortable, better ball bite, more feel.

Perry the Platypus
01-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Genesis Black Magic can't be beat!!!!

Great grip and spin, plus easy on the arm (for a poly). I thought it was better than the Spin X. I also think it is better than Pacific Polyforce (though, that is a good string), Pro Hurricane, BlackCode, and K-Boom.

Plus for $85 a reel you cannot beat the price!!!!

downs_chris
01-26-2010, 11:20 AM
You can get CF in Aus... that's the only topspin string though.

another vote for cyber flash...i love this stuff...

clarky
01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Did you play with the 1.25 17g?
I also like the 1.15 18L of PL2

Hi Big Hitter,

I got the 1.25 17 gauge, plays really nice.

Andymonium22
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I also have an Extreme Pro and like the others before me, strongly recommend KB Pro Line II and KB Competition. Kirschbaum has been one of my favorite brands lately, there strings are great in price, quality & durability. I've also found that they hold tension very well as none of there strings have ever moved a bit on my racquet. I just ordered some Pro Line II's and plan to hybrid w/ KB Touch Multi, I'll let ya know how that set up goes.

BigT
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Try a softer co-poly.

clarky
01-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Have now played a few matches with the PL2. I definitely prefer it to the Big Ace and the SPPP they were too soft/mushy like feel especially the big ace.

I must say though it still does not compare to the Lux Alu Power, the Lux is just the nicest string, but the cost here in Australia really prevents me from stringing it regularly. It used to hurt my arm at the tension I was at of 58lbs, when I dropped it to 55lbs was better.

Think after this I will be back to the Lux, doesnt matter how many others I try, just cant go past the lux. In saying that the PL2 is a great string and I do recommend it...

PlayforIt
01-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Black code 'nuff said

Kick Serve 14
01-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Have now played a few matches with the PL2. I definitely prefer it to the Big Ace and the SPPP they were too soft/mushy like feel especially the big ace.

I must say though it still does not compare to the Lux Alu Power, the Lux is just the nicest string, but the cost here in Australia really prevents me from stringing it regularly. It used to hurt my arm at the tension I was at of 58lbs, when I dropped it to 55lbs was better.

Think after this I will be back to the Lux, doesnt matter how many others I try, just cant go past the lux. In saying that the PL2 is a great string and I do recommend it...

Hmm... I stuggled with Lux for a while, but I tried out alot of Poly's and found a few that I like: Gosen Polyon, Isospeed Baseline Spin, TopSpin Cyber Flash, and TopSpin Cyber Blue...

DownTheLine
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM

Pro Line isn't good at all. It moves way to much. I have never used a better string then ALU POWER.

Try Redcode, or MSV FOCUS HEX.

Kick Serve 14
01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Pro Line isn't good at all. It moves way to much. I have never used a better string then ALU POWER.

Try Redcode, or MSV FOCUS HEX.

FOCUS HEX is pretty sweet, but IMO RedCode, just shears through strings at a rate similar to BlackCode