PDA

View Full Version : Pro staff Classic 6.1 vs. Hyper Pro staff 6.1

drummerboy
04-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Hi

I am playing with a POG right now but I think I am gonna switch to something with some more power and bigger head (93 is just a little too small for me). So I was testing Pro staff Classic 6.1 and gotta say it is a great stick. It has a power for the winners and it felt solid and ok. But I heard that Hyper Pro staff is better and really sweet stick so if someone can compare those two it would really help me to make my decision.

I am also welcoming any suggestion for some great sticks with at least 98 sq in. head and in the range of 330 grams up. I prefer more closed string patterns because I love to hit flat.

Thanks

thejackal
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
NCode 6-1 95 Team (18x20) seems to be a good fit for you.

slice
04-26-2005, 06:08 PM
I have a classic 6.1 and hyper pro staff 6.1. The two racquets are similar but the classic is heavier, stiffer and more powerful than the hyper. I have problems getting accustomed to the extra weight and power of the classic. I like the feel of this racquet but I play better with the hyper 6.1. My friend, who is stonger and younger than me, prefers the classic. I think it depends on your arm strength which one is better for you. Availability is also a factor. You can still buy the classic from tennis warehouse, but they do not have the hyper 6.1 anymore.