PDA

View Full Version : Is the black code a lot softer than NXT?

aksman
01-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Got some strings and wondering, what's softer/more arm friendly... Tecnifibre Black Code or Wilson NXT?

also, what about power, durability, tension loss, etc.

Bud
01-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Got some strings and wondering, what's softer/more arm friendly... Tecnifibre Black Code or Wilson NXT?

NXT is a multi and Black Code is a poly. The NXT will be more arm friendly and will lose less tension.

jim e
01-24-2010, 01:02 PM

Also in addition to what Bud stated, the wilson NXT stiffness (lb./in) 198, and tension loss (lbs.) 10.98
in comparison to Tecnifibre Black code stiff 242, and tension loss of 18.08

These #'s are from the USRSA stiffness chart from the string selector chart that they publish yearly.Can be found in Jan. 2010 RSI issue, under the USRSA web site.
This is assuming that you are talking about 16g. for both, as it was never specified.

quest01
01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Black Code is a poly while NXT is a multi so "no" Black code is not softer then NXT.

I found Black Code to be a good string for the first 6 hours then it just goes dead. It starts out good and the price is decent but I prefer a longer lasting poly.

ClubHoUno
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Black Code is a poly while NXT is a multi so "no" Black code is not softer then NXT.

I found Black Code to be a good string for the first 6 hours then it just goes dead. It starts out good and the price is decent but I prefer a longer lasting poly.

What are your favorite long lasting poly's ?

My guess: SPPP, Hyperion, Silverstring or MSV Hex

aksman
01-24-2010, 06:55 PM
So... advantages/disadvantages? And I'm actually talkin' 17s, not 16s, but no biggie.

Virtua Tennis
01-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Best way to see if a string is soft just pull down your pants and have someone whip you with it. If it hurts then it's stiff as hell if it doesn't hurt then it's soft.

aksman
01-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Best way to see if a string is soft just pull down your pants and have someone whip you with it. If it hurts then it's stiff as hell if it doesn't hurt then it's soft.

Before I try that, anyone wanna clue me in on how to interpret the USRSA ratings & numbers?

Also, since the BC loses so much tension, should it be strung tighter??? I usually just string at 58-60 with other strings.

aksman
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Also in addition to what Bud stated, the wilson NXT stiffness (lb./in) 198, and tension loss (lbs.) 10.98
in comparison to Tecnifibre Black code stiff 242, and tension loss of 18.08

These #'s are from the USRSA stiffness chart from the string selector chart that they publish yearly.Can be found in Jan. 2010 RSI issue, under the USRSA web site.
This is assuming that you are talking about 16g. for both, as it was never specified.

How do I access this? I don't have a membership to USRSA and I just want to see what (among a few strings) is softest).

Namely, BC, Pro Hurricane Tour, NXT, etc.

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Dude,

http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200809/200809allstrings.html

jim e
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
How do I access this? I don't have a membership to USRSA and I just want to see what (among a few strings) is softest).

Namely, BC, Pro Hurricane Tour, NXT, etc.

Here is the latest one from Jan. 2010.
http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2010/01/string_selector_2010.html
You do not need a membership to view some of their site, like the articles from RSI.

aksman
01-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Thank you!!!