PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Reels?

Nexus
01-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey, Luxilon only makes mini reels of like 125ft (or something like that) and bigger reels of 720ft, right? They don't make a 660ft/220m reel. I see them on e-bay all the time and I feel like doing something about it, but first I'd just like confirmation that Luxilon doesn't make reels in that length.

skyzoo
01-24-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Luxilon_Big_Banger_16_Orig_660_String_Reel/descpageWILSON-LBR.html

a little research would have helped buddy

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
01-24-2010, 01:35 PM
epic fail....
sorry, i just had to do that :)
keeping the universe in balance!

skyzoo
01-24-2010, 05:39 PM
epic fail....
sorry, i just had to do that :)
keeping the universe in balance!
Thank you, I would have done it but my new years resolution was to be a nicer person both online and offline.

Nexus
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Well, that helped a little. The ones on the bay are all silver though. They don't claim to be the original version either. But thanks...I guess. I mean, I did look at all the other reels on TW. Noticed the mini reels are gone. You could do some research too and see what luxilon strings on e-bay I might be talking about, considering I doubt I could provide a link due to the fact that TW asterisks the word e-bay every time it doesn't have the dash included.
But before you say it, I guess I could have specified that I only see silver/gray reels claiming to be Alu power. I'm just saying this because I got ripped off on 6 sets of supposed Luxilon Timo touch strings from China that came in the package, but were sold as a hybrid and the strings said XP on them. They were gold and yellow-ish though....weren't as pictured either.

But if you know-it-alls would like, go ahead and buy a 660ft alu power reel off of that auction site and tell me if its the real deal or not.

Nexus
01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Actually, let me help. I'll just give you the auction numbers and you can see the pics for yourselves to compare.
380200651821 looks real. I'm pretty sure it is. Has gauge, length, etc.
But 120522229536 and 170436828568 are questionable to me.
So, to make this more of an "epic failure" shed some light on my ignorance so I won't have to do this again.

alidisperanza
01-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Easy. Buy legit. I understand the value of a dollar all too well, but unfortunately Luxillon (ahem, wilson) isn't one' of those companies that runs "sale" prices. A la Apple, all your prices are going to be relatively similar. When something seems too good to be true with Luxillon products, think very carefully. Every now and again, our very own TW has sales on the stuff.