PDA

View Full Version : What strings to stiffen up a flexy frame?

MAXXply
01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
What string types or specific current strings provide a stiffer hitting response when teamed to a flexible frame?
I have a few frames that I'd estimate as 55-58RA and I'd like any string that may "firm up" the feel. Prefer something mega spin-friendly and I'd be stringing them looser for easy power. Thanks for any info.

Mazilla2219
01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Blue Gear, thicker gauge will give more spin and a stiffer string bed at lower tensions

javierjavier
01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
any one of the popular soft co-polys is what you're looking for. they work perfectly in soft flexible rackets. i use a full bed at low tension, but you might want to experiment with a hybrid first.

tennisINmyBLOOD
01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
What string types or specific current strings provide a stiffer hitting response when teamed to a flexible frame?
I have a few frames that I'd estimate as 55-58RA and I'd like any string that may "firm up" the feel. Prefer something mega spin-friendly and I'd be stringing them looser for easy power. Thanks for any info.

I use MSV Focus Hex to stiffen up my Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 Tour. While the 300T is not as flexy as 55-58 RA, I used to hate the way my racket would "flex" on groundstrokes. Coming from a PDGT (70 RA), the 63 RA of the 300T was a big fall.

My racquet feels a bit stiffer now... maybe 66-67? I strung it with MSV Focus Hex 1.18 mm on the mains at 52 lbs and Tecnifibre Multifeel 17 on the crosses at 54 lbs. A little powerful after it loses tension so I will go 54/56 next time around for control. Great hybrid by the way, and KILLER spin without killing your arm. Give it a try! Try a thicker gauge... maybe 1.23 mm for a stiffer feeling.

beststringer
01-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Blue Gear, thicker gauge will give more spin and a stiffer string bed at lower tensions

i think thinner strings = more spin, no?

Meaghan
01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Full Alu at 45 lbs !!!! the best by a street mile, dont last very long but if you can afford to restring every couple of weeks then look no further. Try it you'll see.