PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Any 6.0 Players

TnsMan2
01-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Looking For Any Players 6.0 Or Above That Can Hit In The Mornings We Are In The So.cal Area Carson To Be Specific . Let Me Know If Interested The Player Is Young But Strong And Consistent Not Looking To Play Any Points Or Sets Just Hitting .

ReopeningWed
01-24-2010, 06:20 PM
A 6.0? I don't think I'd be sitting back at home if I was a 6.0. More like hitting up those satellite tournaments to pay my bills if I was young and strong.

Larrysümmers
01-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Same with above post.
You could contact a college player or former player. Why do they have to be 6.0 for just a hit around?

ubermeyer
01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
You want Futures players as hitting partners?? Do you also play on the circuit?

gameboy
01-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Why Just Look For 6.0? You Might As Well Ask For Nadal Or Federer As You Are Probably Going To Get The Same Number Of People To Respond...

35ft6
01-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Looking For Any Players 6.0 Or Above That Can Hit In The Mornings We Are In The So.cal Area Carson To Be Specific . Let Me Know If Interested The Player Is Young But Strong And Consistent Not Looking To Play Any Points Or Sets Just Hitting .So he's nowhere near 6.0, thus no matches that would show exactly how far from 6.0 he is, but you're hoping if a really good player hits with him for free it might accelerate his improvement?

Hey, good luck. I'd like to hit with them kinds of dudes every now and then, too. When I have more money, think I'll just pay them.

Spinz
01-25-2010, 04:39 AM
The kid in question is a top quality player and would be a great hit, but I'm with 35ft6, getting a 6.0 isn't going to happen for free. You're going to have to offer some cash or a trade of some sort.

If you just want the kid to hit with someone strong, with a lot of variety, you could try to find an older guy who might not be a 6.0 anymore, but was at one point.

aphex
01-25-2010, 05:05 AM
i'd hit with you, but I'm a 7.0...sorry...

mmaster
01-25-2010, 05:13 AM
sorry but why do you capitalize every word?

goran_ace
01-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Pay for a hitting partner. Lots of people do it. You probably won't find it for free anywhere. Some clubs even list it in their rates. I worked at a country club where I wouldn't exactly call it free, it just wasn't charged at an hourly rate (basically every member already paid for that level of service in their annual dues)

sureshs
01-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Never seen an ad for a 6.0 player before, not here, not on Craigslist.

Don't such high-level players usually find each other as the group is rather sparse in numbers?

MasterTennisCoach
01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
guys guys guys, i am sure tnsman2 is wanting serious replies not sarcasm, so serious players wanting a hit should be the ones replying we who play tennis know how hard it can be to find a good hit.

jrod
01-25-2010, 12:27 PM
guys guys guys, i am sure tnsman2 is wanting serious replies not sarcasm, so serious players wanting a hit should be the ones replying we who play tennis know how hard it can be to find a good hit.

Perhaps....Have you read any of tnsman2's other posts? "Serious" is not a word that comes to mind when reading them...

blakesq
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I can beat 6.0 players. Unfortunately I am not in California, I am in New England.

Looking For Any Players 6.0 Or Above That Can Hit In The Mornings We Are In The So.cal Area Carson To Be Specific . Let Me Know If Interested The Player Is Young But Strong And Consistent Not Looking To Play Any Points Or Sets Just Hitting .

35ft6
01-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Never seen an ad for a 6.0 player before, not here, not on Craigslist.

Don't such high-level players usually find each other as the group is rather sparse in numbers?Yeah, they know about each other. Makes sense that as you get better, you meet a lot of tennis players along the way. You need good partners in order to improve, plus you don't get to 5.0 or higher without competing in tournaments. Unless you move that is.

I remember a guy asking me if it was possible for there to be some guy who is better than Sampras but he's living on a farm somewhere and he doesn't get enough exposure. I said "no." guys guys guys, i am sure tnsman2 is wanting serious replies not sarcasm, so serious players wanting a hit should be the ones replying we who play tennis know how hard it can be to find a good hit.Looks like tnsman created a new account today just for this post. Seriously, this thread would be the first thing of interest? I look forward to reading more from MasterTennisCoach. It's always interesting to see the half baked attempts of people trying to create a cover for their fake account. :-?

SuperDuy
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM

becuz he was talking in caps and tw makes every first letter caps instead of all caps

MasterTennisCoach
01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, they know about each other. Makes sense that as you get better, you meet a lot of tennis players along the way. You need good partners in order to improve, plus you don't get to 5.0 or higher without competing in tournaments. Unless you move that is.

I remember a guy asking me if it was possible for there to be some guy who is better than Sampras but he's living on a farm somewhere and he doesn't get enough exposure. I said "no." Looks like tnsman created a new account today just for this post. Seriously, this thread would be the first thing of interest? I look forward to reading more from MasterTennisCoach. It's always interesting to see the half baked attempts of people trying to create a cover for their fake account. :-?

Half baked attempts come from half baked people, 6000+ posts come from people with no life, could you image if you two had kids, you'd have ******s with no lives. LOL

MARK ANDERS
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm a solid so. cal 5.5-6.0, closer to 6.0, use to practice, and more than hang with ex USC players and currently hit with satellite/futures pros. I don't mind playing at Carson coming from the westside ONLY if your junior player is at least a 5.0+, and I can play m-f at 10am and weekends.

Thanks

beernutz
01-26-2010, 07:13 AM

Why apologize? I was wondering the same thing.

And I see SuperDuy answered the question, so mystery solved.