PDA

View Full Version : What a deal!

michael_1265
01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Penn Extra-Duty balls on sale today at Target for $1.50. I have never seen them so low. None were on the shelf when I got there, so I asked, and the clerk found me a case. Has anyone seen them lower??

nabbydian
01-24-2010, 06:13 PM
i once brought 9 cans of Dunlop Fort at USD1.30 each(usually cost USD5.50 in my area), they had 30+ there..

i didnt sweep all because i find it fishy it could be so cheap and i couldnt carry so many back

opened and played with it the following day, subsequently i went back and grab another 9 cans - there was still some left on the shelf

looking back i should have brought all!

javierjavier
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
the only problem with buying tennis balls at non-speciality retailers is that the tennis balls tend to sit on the shelf a lot longer. it might be why they were on clearance.

i've been burned too many times buying tennis balls at places like walmart or target that i always just go to a sporting good stores.

that said, if the balls are good then good buy.

DownTheLine
01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
the only problem with buying tennis balls at non-speciality retailers is that the tennis balls tend to sit on the shelf a lot longer. it might be why they were on clearance.

i've been burned too many times buying tennis balls at places like walmart or target that i always just go to a sporting good stores.

that said, if the balls are good then good buy.

Buy a can of Wilsons for $1.50 hit with them for 2-3 hitting sessions then toss them in the serving hopper.