PDA

View Full Version : Babolat aeropro scam??

Gugarocks
01-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Guys listen up

This is very important to me. I play with heavy to spin and I have ordered an aeropro tennis racket via e'bay. I found it pretty stunning how many cheap versions of these racquets you can find over there.

I looked for "babolat aero pro cortex NEW" on e'bayand found them starting at $80. A normal new racquet of this type costs 190 euros in Belgium. That's around $260. I don't know if that's similar to the price in the USA.

I have managed to buy this racket on for 103 euros, slightly over half price.

Now, I have asked the seller why he is selling a new racquet, never used before, for half price. He told me he had to sell quickly

I'm starting to think he's selling me a fake version. I only want a pure version which gives me an extra edge with my top spin game.

How can I find out if I'm being cheated? And if I am, can I get my money back?
I'm 90% sure he's trying to set me up and I have already ordered.
He only had 1 picture on the site. I'll take my racket to the tennis store and if I discover any difference with the local racquets I ask my money back and try to get the seller banned

chanee
01-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Check inside the throat. There may be a fake hologram inside.

Marshredder
01-25-2010, 04:50 AM
If you buy a cheap version from ****, it IS going to be fake, sorry.

Some people don't learn. If its half the going price, theres going to be a reason for that.

PimpMyGame
01-25-2010, 05:06 AM
You will end up with a fake, some are reasonable quality some are absolutely shoddy. Chances are if you're looking for a stiff, 300g headlight racket you will be very disappointed.

Gugarocks
01-25-2010, 06:10 AM

Some people don't learn. If its half the going price, theres going to be a reason for that.

Buddy it's the first item I ever bought. I asked him via e'bay email if it was an orginal and he said yes. He also said that he had to sell very quickly.
The seller is new on **** and this right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmW7rGQ2OCo

makes me 99% sure I'm dealing with fraud.
I just called e'bay and I get my money back because I paid with paypal.

These guys should be arrested
The seller is new and literally asked me to give feedback before he would send it. Now I called e'bay I know that this is fraud

I can't help it that he took advantage of my kindness.
He lied to me and I have the evidence on e'bay email

cknobman
01-25-2010, 06:15 AM

To reiterate Marsh here its a simple matter of common sense to know that buying off the bay or anywhere for half the list price will likely get you a product that is not genuine.

First purchase or not use some common sense people!!!!!!!

Rabbit
01-25-2010, 06:26 AM
It may be "real" just out of channel. There is plenty of inventory in China which disappears and is sold through black market. Ergo, what you buy may be the real deal, it's just stolen.

FedererForehand
01-25-2010, 06:28 AM
e B a y cannot be trusted when it comes to buying/selling racquets. Do not but any frames that have any of the following characteristics:

1- Hologram sticker inside throat
2- "Babolat" tag hanging from throat of racquet
3- Come from Asia (especially China)

Gugarocks
01-25-2010, 06:34 AM
To reiterate Marsh here its a simple matter of common sense to know that buying off the bay or anywhere for half the list price will likely get you a product that is not genuine.

First purchase or not use some common sense people!!!!!!!

There's also a chance that the seller is a tennis player and the racquet doesn't suit his game. I know many people can't handle babolat pure drives and sell them for that reason.
+ I wouldn't expect him to sell fake racquets on **** because I expect him to get a serious financial penalty in case he does.

I paid 103 euros and the price over here is 169 at its cheapest.
I literally asked him via e'bay email if it was a genuine racket and he replied with " yes, but I have to sell quickly for this and that reason "

I figured he wouldn't lie via email knowing that he's risking a penalty

Marshredder
01-25-2010, 06:49 AM
There's also a chance that the seller is a tennis player and the racquet doesn't suit his game. I know many people can't handle babolat pure drives and sell them for that reason.
+ I wouldn't expect him to sell fake racquets on **** because I expect him to get a serious financial penalty in case he does.

I paid 103 euros and the price over here is 169 at its cheapest.
I literally asked him via e'bay email if it was a genuine racket and he replied with " yes, but I have to sell quickly for this and that reason "

I figured he wouldn't lie via email knowing that he's risking a penalty

Haha, what racquet you got? Post some picture, I bet you its fake.

1) people selling fakes on **** DONT get penalised, simple as that, they always get away with it. **** dont really care about punishing sellers, as long as they get money. Look at the fake guitar market, its an extreme of this. People selling fake gibsons worth 100 for 1500.

3) Sure its possible that theyre tennis players, but 99.99% of the time, its fakes.

3) Of course he said its real! He's not going to go "Oh shoot you got me, it IS a fake, damn you for asking!"

Common sense!

Gugarocks
01-25-2010, 06:52 AM
for all the aero pro users, could you do this trick?

It is THE tell to find out if you have been cheated or not

Left is real, right is fake. A heavy head will never allow you to accelerate

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4668/babolat.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/babolat.jpg/)

Gugarocks
01-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Haha, what racquet you got? Post some picture, I bet you its fake.!

It should arrive at home in a maximum of 4 days

3) Of course he said its real! He's not going to go "Oh shoot you got me, it IS a fake, damn you for asking!"

Common sense!

Of course he could, because sellers are allowed to sell fake tennis racquets for any price AS LONG AS THEY ADMIT THAT IT'S FAKE.
That is why I asked him. He could have said " yes it's fake " and it would be perfectly legal. What he is doing now is illegal (I phoned e'bay and it's illegal not to mention that it's fake, and secondly it's also against the rules to ask for feedback before sending) and I would automatically expect him to get a very bad penalty for this.
It is fraud, and therefore it is a crime. Easy as that, whether it's e'bay or not doesn't matter.
E'bay might not punish him, but if I take this to a higher level he will get a penalty

Zhou
01-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Let me point this out again.

If you buy from e'bay its going to be a fake because Babolat themselves set the minimum price that they can be sold retail. Thus you see all online retailers as well as stores have them set to the same price.