PDA

View Full Version : Priority 1's 2.2 Pound Racquet

Lindsay
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Ok Ron, you knew someone would ask you about this. 1 kilo?? Who plays with this? Was that hopefully just for fun? And that's unstrung!

http://www.p1tennis.com/media

RJYU
01-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Ok Ron, you knew someone would ask you about this. 1 kilo?? Who plays with this? Was that hopefully just for fun? And that's unstrung!

http://www.p1tennis.com/media

Hi Lindsay,

We were asked by a player to make a heavy racquet. He didn't give us a reason, but we suspect it was for some sort of training exercise. Also, being goofballs by nature, we made another frame for ourselves that weighs a little more, but with absolutely zero visible lead. That one was much more interesting to make. Hope you're having fun stringing, and maybe our paths will cross sometime in 2010.

VGP
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I've seen these pics on your website....

I thought you guys are getting a little neurologically wonky after handling so much lead. ;)

Cup8489
01-25-2010, 01:19 PM
that is...just ridiculous!

mtommer
01-25-2010, 01:25 PM
THAT...is awesome. I actually thought of doing something similar so that my racquet would swing like a baseball bat. You would really only be able to swing at one ball, but wow, could you imagine, 200 MPH (;)) groundstrokes (if you can hit both ways of course).

Sinner
01-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Lol... thats insane! Dipped in lead...
I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to hit with that thing...

Buckethead
01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Lindsay,

We were asked by a player to make a heavy racquet. He didn't give us a reason, but we suspect it was for some sort of training exercise. Also, being goofballs by nature, we made another frame for ourselves that weighs a little more, but with absolutely zero visible lead. That one was much more interesting to make. Hope you're having fun stringing, and maybe our paths will cross sometime in 2010.
who has the heaviest racket you guys string or customize for?
Would you give us the info about Djoker's frame??Weight,flex,grips size ..
thanks for your time

ManuGinobili
01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I got lead poisoning just by looking at the picture...

star 5 15
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
who has the heaviest racket you guys string or customize for?
Would you give us the info about Djoker's frame??Weight,flex,grips size ..
thanks for your time

I believe Ron has commented before and said that he can and will not disclose any kind of that information.

brownbearfalling
01-26-2010, 02:20 AM
I would think that racquet would snap at the frame and handle intersection if someone were to play with it. I've seen brand new retail racquets snap completely in half. I can only imagine how quickly that thing would break.

brownbearfalling
01-26-2010, 02:20 AM
I would think that racquet would snap at the frame and handle intersection if someone were to play with it. I've seen brand new retail racquets snap completely in half. I can only imagine how quickly that thing would break.

RJYU
01-26-2010, 03:48 AM

No, it wouldn't break at all, as long as you hit it in the strings, and it wasn't damaged by hitting it on the ground, netpost, or any other solid material.

Buckethead
01-26-2010, 07:27 AM
I believe Ron has commented before and said that he can and will not disclose any kind of that information.

Thanks, i didn't know about that.

ManuGinobili
01-28-2010, 11:38 PM
It's pretty common sense man... plus it's kinda fun to keep making guesses at that thing.
Maybe Ron can tell us that info when he retires in 50 years? lollll