PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell the difference between the Taiwan and St. Vincent Pro Staffs?

JennyS
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Does anyone own both racquets or know if you can tell the difference between the racquets just by looking at them? The reason I'm asking is that I recently purchased one for my collection and it doesn't say "6.0" on the frame. Thanks!

tandayu
04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
- What is "string recommendation" written on inside throat: if 60-70, or 55-65 then St Vincent, but if 50-60 maybe

- "String recommendation" and "grip size" is on a sticker on inside throat, then it is St Vincent old version (no bumper guard), if it says "PWS..." printed on inside throat, and string recommendation is 50-60, then it is latest version of St Vincent with bumper guard

- Finish: matte (St Vincent), not shiny/glossy

- St Vincent: If any part of the racket head has any paint scratch, you should see red primer under its black finish

- Buttcap: 3 letter code ending with "q" (note: butt cap can be easily tampered, replaced)

- The channel of the string holes run deeper and has more square end in comparison with chinese version (6.0 Chiao ta)

It is easier for me if the frame is in front of me rather than trying to explain it in writing.

JennyS
04-27-2005, 09:08 AM
thanks for your help!