PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro 1 Prokennex Ki5 Comparison?

hamsup
04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Has anyone played with these 2 racquets? I'm looking for a racquet with similar specs. It would be great if I can get an idea of the similaries and differences of these two sticks.

I'll demo them both before I buy, but I'm just curious of what you guys think.

Swingman
04-26-2005, 08:12 PM
My background with these racquets: played with the Fischer for about 3 months; ki5 - demoed one week
My opinion: the Fischer has the edge in feel, control and comfort. It plays more like a traditional player's racquet but with more power. The Ki5 played almost like a tweener with good power but good control. Because of the extra power it has the edge in serves, overheads, and put away volleys. It's also more forgiving at 100 sq inches. In terms of stability I would give the slight edge to the Fischer. In terms of maneuverability, the Ki5 felt a little clumsy compared to the Fischer. The Fischer is geared for the more advanced player. I think anyone could use the Ki5.

NoBadMojo
04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
like Swingman sez, altho I dont think the Ki5 is a frame that can be used by anyone...it's not that easy to swing fast and doesnt spin the ball as well as the Pro1 IMO