PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Very Weird Elbow Injury and Very Confused!

freedomtennis
01-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Recently I have been doing bicep curls. I have only been doing 12 pounds 3 sets of 15 reps. Every time I fully straighten my elbow the side next to my body something is popping in and out(no noise). Its right next to the medial epicondyle. I can easily feel it when I straighten my elbow and it only happens when I completly straighten it never partially. It never causes problems in tennis only weight lifting. ITs becoming annyoing and sometimes it hurts when it pops in and out. Its like something is poppoing out of place. Is it a ligament? I looked all online but couldn't find nothing. Can some one please help? Do you think I will need surgery btw I am 14. :(

mikeler
01-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Recently I have been doing bicep curls. I have only been doing 12 pounds 3 sets of 15 reps. Every time I fully straighten my elbow the side next to my body something is popping in and out(no noise). Its right next to the medial epicondyle. I can easily feel it when I straighten my elbow and it only happens when I completly straighten it never partially. It never causes problems in tennis only weight lifting. ITs becoming annyoing and sometimes it hurts when it pops in and out. Its like something is poppoing out of place. Is it a ligament? I looked all online but couldn't find nothing. Can some one please help? Do you think I will need surgery btw I am 14. :(

Quit doing whatever is causing it and see a doctor immediately. Don't mess with your elbow. You will need it for many years to come!

freedomtennis
01-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Quit doing whatever is causing it and see a doctor immediately. Don't mess with your elbow. You will need it for many years to come!

thanks and I will go to the doctor. Just wondering what is before I go. It seems like on one ever had this problem.

LeeD
01-26-2010, 09:43 AM
My right elbow has been doing that for over 10 years. I was a laborer, lifting and moving stuff, for most of my life.
I hate to play tennis longer than an hour with my right hand. The serve is especially annoying, as the "POP" can almost be heard from the opposition.
Life just gives you lemons.

freedomtennis
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
My right elbow has been doing that for over 10 years. I was a laborer, lifting and moving stuff, for most of my life.
I hate to play tennis longer than an hour with my right hand. The serve is especially annoying, as the "POP" can almost be heard from the opposition.
Life just gives you lemons.

do you know what it is?

LeeD
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
At least 3 other contractor/laborers have this same right elbow condition
The right elbow doesn't ever straighten out. The "click" is so loud you're discouraged from doing pushups. It was mostly a truamatic injury from lifting excessive loads repeately.
When you try to straighten the elbow, it hits a "stop", not going further. The "stop" seems like bone to bone, so you don't think it can be changed except thru surgery.
OTOH, life gives you lemons.

Dedans Penthouse
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
If you're doing bicep curls using dumb bells, a few things to consider:

Never 'jerk' the weight either at the begining of a 'rep' to to "break" at the end of a 'rep'

Also, start the rep with you palms facing inward towards your thighs and curl them 'curl inwardly' (i.e. supinate 90-degrees) as you complete the upward portion of the rep. More importantly, as you return (negative motion) the dumb bell back down to your starting point, make sure to PRONATE your forearms (having your palms face inward towards your thighs) to help prevent hyperextending your elbows when 'braking' at the finish.