PDA

View Full Version : Lux Adrenaline VS Alu Power

clarky
01-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the main differences between Lux Adrenaline and Alu power, would be interested to hear any comments from anyone who has used both and has any comments.

Thanks

Clarky

ClubHoUno
01-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I've only tested it briefly in a hybrid with VS MAINS,and but to me the Adrenaline 1.25 felt better for a longer period - so probably better tension maintenance than Alu Power.

It didn't feel quite as crisp as the Alu Power, but no poly does. I do think in the end I prefer to continue using Signum Pro Hyperion as my preferred SMOOTH cross string in my Nat gut hybrid though.

Will get a set of Adrenaline later this week and will test further before I decide whether to stay with Hyperion or get a reel of Adrenaline......

Marcel94
01-26-2010, 10:53 AM
I have used both recently. I usually play BBO but i gave ALU and the new Adrenaline in 1.25 a try. IMO ALU plays a lot better with a much crisper feeling. Some people say that Adrenaline plays close to ALU but IMO it doesn`t. They both play completely different. I am not able to say anything about the tension maintenance because it broke after 4 hours of play. Adrenaline isn`t a bad string either but I prefer ALU and BBO

clarky
01-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies

Marcel, I figured this may be the case, the Lux Alu power is second to none I reckon, I only stopped using it due to the high price here in Australia, but its a great string.

star 5 15
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I felt like adrenaline was just a cheap poly. I didn't think it really had many characteristics similar to alu. I cut it out after an hour.