PDA

View Full Version : BB Hurricane Pro... Arglh it's a little bit strong!! help!

ErwinFromParis
02-23-2004, 05:31 AM
I ve made a mistake : I bought 200m of Hurricane Pro (g130) :? , now my wist and my shoulder are in way of suing me... :shock:
SO i DECIDE TO "feel-up" the stuff by stringing an hybrid : What Guyz here can counsel me to string in crosses (I guess I keep the "Hurricanator" for the mains due to its resistance quality), and tension to use with mains and crosses. thx.

rgds :)

David Pavlich
02-23-2004, 07:51 AM
...will come your way. I'd start with a good solid core syngut like Prince w/duraflex. If not soft enough, try Alpha Gut 2000, Gamma TNT2, or the more expensive multis like NXT or Xcell.

The solid cores will hold up a bit better. You'll have to experiment!
David

ErwinFromParis
02-23-2004, 08:11 AM
I appreciate Doc, :D
And what about the tense, I mean the hurricane is really tough, but all the previous post i ve read explain that it is better to tense the main higher than the crosses. if i do i'll probably loose the skills of the "multi" or the gut in crosses...? What do you think? :?

gjones
02-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I have been using Babolat Pro Hurricane for a couple of months. My racquet is the older Babolat Pure control. With 16 gauge I strung it at 54. I liked it but wanted a little more power and spin. I then strung it with 17 gauge at 52. Got a little more playability, spin and power and no arm problems. Maybe you could try stringing at a lower tension.

I string for a client who developed wrist problems from playing a Hybrid of Lux ALU mains @ 55lbs and Gosen JC crosses @ 57lbs (Babolat Pure Control newer version). To give his wrist a chance to heal we strung with Hurricane 16 mains @ 55lbs and Gamma RX 16 crosses @ 57. This combination was almost as soft as Laserfibre XPhenom 16 @ 62 lbs.

You might want to give that combinatin a try. Don't give up on the hurricane yet, sometimes it takes a little experimentation to find what's right for you. I think the Hurricane string is a great string at a very reasonable price.

NoBadMojo
02-23-2004, 03:44 PM
If you arent a bad string breaker, you could try the hurricane in the crosses and something softer in the mains (the alpha gut is cheap, wilson sensation, gut, etc). much of the hit comes from the mains. If that doesnt make your pain go away, I would just not use any poly string anymore..it's just not worth it if it is causing you harm. What made you decide on the hurricane and a poly to begin with? Ed

ErwinFromParis
02-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Thx alot for your shares, I'm very happy with this site which have no equal here in France...
Few information 1st: by the way I've choosen Hurricane, 'cause I got a strong Forehand with much spin, I play 3rd series level, and I was told that it was the new value with great combination of power and resistance.
I used to string at 27/26 kg.
Due to all your advices I make my decision on a Hybrid of that kind:
Mains : Hurricane 16g at 25 kg // Crosses : Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 16g String at 26
For this hybrid, I bet on the stiffness of the Multi to release a more dynamic sweetspot, and keeping the "hurri" resistance.
If i m not satisfied with it I'll try your idea Ed...
Happily I string myself for 1 year now with an old-school Alpha machine...
Merci guyz ^_^

Kryztof
02-25-2004, 12:07 AM
hello ErwinFromParis, i have just bought bab hurricane ( 1.22) too and i try it only 2 hours.
I strung in the main only at 25k and synthetic gut for the cross 25k too ( i play with pro staff 6.0 95)
So only after two hours of playing with it i can tell you that it's a very hard string on the hand,wist, arms, soulder... maybe it's because of the temperature (+5° C)
I use to play with polyspine and it's very less stiff than hurricane.
But the other side is that the hurricane give you a ton of control, you can really hit big big shot with it, the ball will always stay in. great precision , you can put the ball with a lot a precision.
I found a great touch/controle with it too, my serve feel better and more precision.
So for the moment i think i have to use it again and again and my arms, wist will accept the stiffness of the hurricane.
In fact i'm not desapointed about the hurricane, the wrong part is that a very stiff string but i knew that.

ErwinFromParis
02-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi Krys,
I agree with you on that point, "hurri" release a correct control, but with my fence (i-radical MP) which isn't a powerful one I'd rather string a powerful!!!! This product is definitely for "wrestler" such as Roddick or Gonzales type of guyz!! And with 5.6 / 70Kg... i'm more like an Escude guy ;)

That s why I sell my reel (which contains again 160m) for only a 100 bucks (shipment inlude)... Any stringers interested ?

ErwinFromParis
02-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Oups!!!
Quote : [but with my fence (i-radical MP) which isn't a powerful ] I 'd probably talk of my FRAME... not my fence.
Sorry 'bout that.

Kryztof
02-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Hey ErwinFromParis!!! je suis de paris aussi :wink:
Bon pourquoi tu ne veux pas garder ta bonine d'hurricane?
Je pense que c'est un bon cordage mais tu dois le mixer avec un tres souple en travers, comme multifilament par ex.
Sinon decent la tension.
Proposes moi un prix pour la bobine mais je les touches deja a faibles prix alors...
A+

ErwinFromParis
02-25-2004, 02:26 AM
C marrant que 2 parisien se retrouve sur forum ricain!!! :D
Je te propose les 160 m à 70 €... C une bonne affaire je pense en toute sincérité.
@+

topspin
02-25-2004, 03:47 AM
eh la, on commence a parler le francais ici maintenant, lol

ErwinFromParis
02-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Froggiz en force lol !