PDA

View Full Version : Best Orange Poly (of these)?

TripleB
01-26-2010, 05:06 AM
After trying numerous combinations of poly/multi hybrids and not finding the perfect one, I'm thinking of trying some strings I've never tried before in putting together a poly/poly hybrid in my Gamma T-7 racquets.

BTW: currently trying the Black Code with Babolat Addiction crosses and the Black Code is sawing (I believe) through the Addiction at a rapid rate.

So, in order to find something that plays awesome and obviously looks good, I'm going to a poly/poly in an orange and black combination for my T-7 racquets.

So, which of the strings listed is the best orange poly for 'softness', spin, tension holding, touch/feel, etc.?

Thanks.

TripleB

TennisJones
01-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 17 (1.23) String - $8.90

Durable, spin friendly and with more comfort than traditional polyester offerings, Poly Plasma is a solid choice for the modern, aggressive player.

TennisJones
01-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Hi Triple B

I couldn't vote because my favorite was not listed. I have been using Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 17 (1.23) String - $8.90. Very pleased with it personally as well as others I have strung for with this.
TW comments on this string:
Durable, spin friendly and with more comfort than traditional polyester offerings, Poly Plasma is a solid choice for the modern, aggressive player.

TennisJones

TripleB
01-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I have the SPPP in a Becker Pro right now and it is very soft, great durability, nice touch, but for some reason I don't seem to get the spin off this string as I do all the other polys I've tried. It almost seems like there is a 'film' on the string that makes it slightly slippery.

TripleB

rasajadad
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Signum Pro Poly-Plasma 17 (1.23) String - $8.90

Another vote for SPPP.

HitItHarder
01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
SPPP 1.23 would be my choice if you are looking for an orange poly cross to use in a full poly hybrid. It is on the soft side and holds tension well.

MSV Hex 1.10 (black) mains/SPPP 1.23 (orange) cross. The Hex will give you a stiffer feel without jacking up the tension and I find better access to spin with a edged main string.

By the way, I have found that edged strings in the cross don't really seem to add anything to the top spin since the edge is typically running parallel to the ball instead of perpendicular to it. Twisted cross strings do seem to add a little something extra as a cross. Of course, it could all be in my head too. :)

bieker
01-26-2010, 11:26 AM
PolyForce Original, hands down.

AeroBroDrive
01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
I personally loved the Gamma Zo Tour Rough, it was great in a hybrid with Pro Hurricane.

Funbun
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
SPPP hands down. Really crisp poly.

stanfordtennis alum
01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
SPPP without a doubt

TripleB
01-27-2010, 04:43 AM
What is the durability like of the Signum PPP 1.18g?

Tried the 1.28 and 1.23 and felt both offered awesome feel, touch, and control but spin was lacking..almost a 'slippery' feel.

Thanks.

TripleB

nickarnold2000
01-27-2010, 06:19 AM
I have the SPPP in a Becker Pro right now and it is very soft, great durability, nice touch, but for some reason I don't seem to get the spin off this string as I do all the other polys I've tried. It almost seems like there is a 'film' on the string that makes it slightly slippery.

TripleB
So, how goes life with the Becker Pro?

TripleB
01-27-2010, 09:59 AM
So, how goes life with the Becker Pro?

Well, love the softer feel, the extra power, the nice touch, but I've tried several different string combinations and I still get somewhat of a twinge in my right elbow when using it. I used it at the beach a couple weekends ago and it didn't give me too many problems...maybe it's just the 40 degree weather and the BB Pro that don't get along.

Currently have gone back to the Gamma T-7.

TripleB