PDA

View Full Version : Overgrip for cold temperatures (between 0 and 10 Celsius)

THESEXPISTOL
01-26-2010, 11:47 AM
A friend of mine uses Wilson Pro Overgrip during the winter.. We train outdoors on clay and he doesn't sweat. But the overgrips along with the cold skin is very harsh on his hand specially on his fingers.. He doesn't has blisters the skin just starts to open in cuts.

Is there some overgrip that can help in low temperatures?

javierjavier
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
i think this would be the only time i'd recommend a glove.

i have the problem with fresh grips. they are too sticky and cause me blisters. I have to take a towel and rub them down a bit.

tournagrip isn't as "sticky" when dry vs other og. i think it'd be a good one to try. you could also try going old school with leather.

DrumWizOHBD
01-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I use Gamma Supreme in the winter. It stays tacky and grips back really well even when its really cold temps outside. I hate it in the summer, I can't use it at all if my hands are sweaty. But I would use nothing else in the winter. Gamme Supreme is also thicker than most grips which gives a nice cushy feel when your hands are taking a beating from the cold air.

DrumWizOHBD
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
i think this would be the only time i'd recommend a glove.

i have the problem with fresh grips. they are too sticky and cause me blisters. I have to take a towel and rub them down a bit.

tournagrip isn't as "sticky" when dry vs other og. i think it'd be a good one to try. you could also try going old school with leather.

Yeah a tennis glove isn't a bad idea either if you must play in the cold.....but with a glove, I would recommend a tacky grip

Pioneer
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Try tourna grip :P

tennisdude083
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
When I played with tournagrip in cold weather I developed a huge blister on my palm that hurt like hell every time i hit the ball.

ClubHoUno
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Cold weather - nothing beats Gamma Supreme.

Dry hands - nothing beats Gamma Supreme.

charliefedererer
02-04-2010, 07:52 PM
If it's really cold (I played below 0 degrees celcius both days last weekend) the tacky grip on a football receiver's glove beats a tennis glove.