PDA

View Full Version : How come Nadal & Federer have not worn 2nd set of shirts?

R_Federer
01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I thought they used to have it as different shirts for day matches and different for night matches. But this tournament both Federer and Nadal have worn the same shirts for both day and night matches. I cant complain as I like Federer's blue marina shirt rather than the typical red one but still wondering as to whats the reason?

(Sorry if already answered)

TMCW140
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Previously, they seem to have alternated with night/day outfits, but they usually seem to focus more on the alternate outfits in the US.
It just seems to come down to Nike really, and if they want to push a particular set of clothing.

lioneldude
01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Federer uses the Blue wristbands/bandana for the night sessions, while the White wristbands/bandana for the day sessions.

martini1
01-27-2010, 03:15 AM
They are selling the 2nd colorway for Federer - Orange shirt with grey design / grey shorts. It's pretty nice. May be Fed will wear it in the semi or final.

Aneto
01-27-2010, 05:46 AM
who is selling??

GPG
01-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Federer uses the Blue wristbands/bandana for the night sessions, while the White wristbands/bandana for the day sessions.
I also noticed that, but on today's match which started in the afternoon/evening, Federer played with Blue wristband/bandana

They are selling the 2nd colorway for Federer - Orange shirt with grey design / grey shorts. It's pretty nice. May be Fed will wear it in the semi or final.

I think that he'll use those colors for Dubai and IW

The_Question
01-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to look like Nadal's twin...

Dino Lagaffe
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
The different colorways in the Nike catalogue were clearly marked as day and night clothes respectively.

wangs78
01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
I am surprised that ppl even pay attention to what pros wear during the day vs night. I mean, you notice it, sure but who actually goes and actively thinks about it? Tennis is tennis whether you are wearing blue or white.

R_Federer
01-27-2010, 04:23 PM
The different colorways in the Nike catalogue were clearly marked as day and night clothes respectively.

I know but Fed has just wore one colorway same with Nadal.

VamosSR
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I was wondering this as well.. I know Nike made that white version of the Rush & Crush crew for Nadal, and the red Court Polo for Federer. I don't mind or anything but I like the different colorways for day/night.

The_Question
01-27-2010, 10:23 PM
I am surprised that ppl even pay attention to what pros wear during the day vs night. I mean, you notice it, sure but who actually goes and actively thinks about it? Tennis is tennis whether you are wearing blue or white.

People like me pay attention to the smallest details...

Dino Lagaffe
01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I know but Fed has just wore one colorway same with Nadal.

I know...... :)

hyper_raiden
01-28-2010, 04:04 AM

Everyone's different. Why make a statement like that?

Some of us tennis fanatics like outfits as well. Each to his own.