PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a muscle in my left thigh?

WinningIsLife
01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Had it for around a week and have various tournaments so I cant just stop playing. Its really sore and hurts when i hit wide backhands as i load up on left leg or serve where i have to push down on it, Most other shots are ok though.

Does anyone know what this is and if its serious? and how long it would take to heal.

crystal_clear
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM
It will take weeks or months to recover "natually" if you don't play and it might get worse if you keep playing. It is a good idea to see a doctor for treatments to have quick recovery.

WinningIsLife
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Weeekss? Its just a pulled muscle??

mike53
01-27-2010, 06:56 AM
It's not that serious if you can still walk. Use a compression sleeve as much as possible and ice it after exercise. Could take quite a while to heal if you don't get off it.

charliefedererer
01-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Weeekss? Its just a pulled muscle??

If some muscle fibers are torn it would take weeks to heal, especially if you are continuing to play on it.

But how do you know that it is a pulled/torn muscle and not some other injury? If the pain is persisting, your body is telling you that you need to rest to let it recover, and you probably should have it checked out medically to make sure there is not some other injury involved.