PDA

View Full Version : Warsaw: Spoilers!!

Marius_Hancu
04-27-2005, 04:42 AM
Well, let put some distance first:

now perhaps:

K. Clijsters 6 6
M. Kirilenko 2 1

I expected a much tougher challenge from Kirilenko, esp after Kim's yesterday difficult match ...

Let's hope for a Kim JHH final ...

Andrew.
04-27-2005, 10:36 AM
(5) Bovina def. Hantuchova 6-4 4-6 6-3

Lena :D

JTB
04-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I saw both matches at the tournament (I live in Warsaw). Kirilenko didn't really exist on the court, even though Clijsters is not at her best at the moment (she's a bit slow on the court). It's the first time I saw Clijsters live. She's a very nice person I must say, smiles a lot, rarely challenges line calls, waits for the deafeted opponent to leave the court together...

As to Hantuchova vs Bovina - great match, really powerfull game, both would blow me right out off the court. The high point of the match was when in the third set Hantuchova had a break point and netted an easy put-away forehand and yelled "that f****** forehand!" in Slovak to the joy of the public (Slovak is very similar ot Polish). She didn't win a game from there and lost the match...

Objective Danny
04-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the play by play.
Glad to hear Kim Clijsters is doing well. It appears that she's on her way to another tournament win.

scoot
04-28-2005, 06:28 AM
When you say Kirlinko didnt "exist" on the court, do you mean she was tanking? Just played crappy? Or is too many levels worse than Clijsters & was just getting crushed?

JTB
04-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Scoot,
Kirilenko just didn't have any plan how to beat Clijsters. Her game is technicaly ok, you can't really tell what she's doing wrong, good serve, good returns, it's just that Clijsters kept winning point after point...

Clijsters will now play Bovina in QFs, should be interesting.

Just got back from the courts, Zvonareva is out, lost to Ana Ivanovic.

However, the most impressive is by all means JHH. Very good serve, very good court coverage and that DEVASTATING backhand. Play an easy ball to her BH and that's it. She also easily returns first serves hit to her BH, with full swing, contact point far in front of her and full follow through. And those serves are in 160-170 kmph, incredible...

Too bad Mauresmo had to withdraw due to injury.

Tommorow are the QF: Ivanovic vs Dechy, Schnyder vs JHH, Clijster vs Bovina, Farina-Elia vs Kuznetsova. Will keep you posted...

Feņa14
04-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Shame Domachowska lost ..... she's got a nice game and she's very easy on the eye.

Andrew.
04-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Could you give me more on Lena's match please? Thanks. :D

eagle
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
The scores are here: http://www.jandscup.pl/pla_plan.php

Thanks,
eagle

Boja
04-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Domachowska is still in the double draw, with Kirilenko. Now there's a nice looking doubles team. :)

JTB
04-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Unfortunatelly Domachowska/Kirilenko lost today in the semis...