PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Blue Max?

asekaran
01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Anyone have the specs on this racquet? I started learning on this badboy about 15 years ago (I'm 24). Every "classic" feel racquets that are coming out feel way too stiff for me and have no feel. (tried out the estusa PBB). I have a feeling the racquet has me beat on age by a few years :twisted:

Original strings on it too, tension feels really low. I've ran by a bunch of places that do stringings and no one will string it due to it being a 2 piece racquet (the "yoke" is screwed in). So I really am worried when the strings break and I need a replacement. It isn't strung with natural gut, maybe some sort of nylon?

Hows the black max and max 200g compare? (Glass/Graphite mix) Stores said they can string those since they are 1 piece (I hope)

Took a picture. Can't find much info on the 'net

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/gtpoompt/CIMG1735.jpg

Virginia
01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I have one of these, as well as the Blue Max II - but can't tell you much about them. :)

Nothing like the Black Max though and certainly nothing like the 200G, which is in a class of its own.

Bud
01-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Anyone have the specs on this racquet? I started learning on this badboy about 15 years ago (I'm 24). Every "classic" feel racquets that are coming out feel way too stiff for me and have no feel. (tried out the estusa PBB). I have a feeling the racquet has me beat on age by a few years :twisted:

Original strings on it too, tension feels really low. I've ran by a bunch of places that do stringings and no one will string it due to it being a 2 piece racquet (the "yoke" is screwed in). So I really am worried when the strings break and I need a replacement. It isn't strung with natural gut, maybe some sort of nylon?

Hows the black max and max 200g compare? (Glass/Graphite mix) Stores said they can string those since they are 1 piece (I hope)

Took a picture. Can't find much info on the 'net

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/gtpoompt/CIMG1735.jpg

I sold Jimbo a really nice Blue Max... perhaps he can give you the specs :)

joe sch
01-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Probably somewhere in this range, I dont have specs now

Racquet Static weight (g/oz) Flex Swingweight

Dunlop Maxpower Mid 387/13.65/54/384
Dunlop Max Carbon 80 366/12.91/59/347
Dunlop Max 200G 375/13.23/43/364

I would guess lighter and possibly more flexible with that plastic throat

Joe

Don T.
02-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Asekaran, if you decide to stick with the Blue Max, I have one in 9/10 shape you can have for cheap. It also has a cover. I'm at torgdon@yahoo.com if you want to discuss.

Thanks, Don

Deodorant
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
i bought a blue and a black max from goodwill the other month and they play nothing alike, the blue max really wasnt a good feeling racuet. the black max on the otherhand is very nice and demanding. i like it when a racquet is demanding so it pushes you to use it.