PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Help

dkt
04-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Taking up Tennis again after a roughly 10 year layoff. My previous racquet was a Wilson Ultra FPK 95. I did my research on the website and selected a ProKennex Kinetic 15 Light. Thought this might fit my rusty swing and advancing age.

I found the racquet alittle more difficult to control on ground strokes and serve.

Can you suggest a contemporary racquet with similar characteristics to my old Wilson FPK?

John C
04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm not famaliar with the Wilson Ultra but the Pro Kennex 15 Lite is my racket of choice and have yet to find something better. I'd suggest before you you buy another, you restring with a good natural gut, or multi filament at a higher tension to provide better control. What string and tension are you currently using?

dkt
04-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Technifibre NRG2 16 @ 65lbs

ong1
04-28-2005, 02:48 AM
i suggest a prince turbo shark
great feel and great pop!

montx
04-28-2005, 03:15 AM
I don't know about your advancement in age but i am in my 30's. I have switched down from a players racquet to something between a intermediate and advanced...dunlop 300G...lower weight but some player racquet character as well. The racquet is good and modifiable to be a players racquet...supposed to be of similar character to the LM radical on paper but more open swing pattern and lighter weight. I also hear the traditional Prince Graphite classic OS and MP are worth looking at as an investment racquet