PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre Tfight 325 vs. Major Bullit Elite D Ti-Chaho, et al.?

Kevin T
04-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Same headsize and shape, similar weight and flex, same extra length. The only difference, I think, is the Bullit had a more open string pattern. Can anyone compare the two? I've been thinking of trying the T-fight 325 but if it plays like the Bullit, no thanks!! Thanks for any help.

Pro_Tour_630
04-27-2005, 11:22 AM
bullit was a piece of Junk, stiff as a 2X4 only thing I liked about it that it was open, did not try the TF 325 but heard there is a stiffness issue which is not really 58, should be more in the mid 60's, I would go with Mfil200 for new stick or you all know by now which is the best of them all

Kevin T
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks, Michael. I was hoping you would be watching the boards. I sold you my piece of junk Bulit back in 2001. Still swinging those 630s? The Tec racquets look great but a lot of people have issues with them. Don't want to plunk down $150 on a Bulit clone. Take care.

tschevap
04-28-2005, 12:31 AM
The 325 is veeery flexible! Not stiff at all! Reminds me on the flexibility of my long gone RD7...not that flexy but much more than most rackets these days! Use a soft multi and there you are... :)

@kevin: Please dont talk about things you dont know...

Kevin T
04-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Tschevap,

I hope that last comment can be blamed on the language barrier, as I see your location is Germany. I played with and subsequently sold my Major Bullit because it was a piece of junk. I was looking for comparisons with the Tfight because they spec out very similarly. I don't want to drop $150 on a Bullit wannabe. I've been talking about whatever I want on these boards since 1999 and will continue to do so. The Bullit was a piece of junk. Period!! You won't have any trouble finding that opinion on these boards. You worry about your own comments, not mine.

Pro_Tour_630
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Major bullit is indeed a piece of junk which is made by techinifibre, I can see why you were hesitant to even demo the 325 and with a 18X20 !?! I did too, it is funny that so many wanna be PT 630/280 are poping out these days al gstar etc... only to find out that they are all JUNK, well maybe not the Mfil200, check the forum and you will see that the flex reading on technifibre sticks are higher than stated.

Still playing with my PT 630, I have 7 NEW ones (had around a dozen), and selling only two NEW ones which will appear soon in the classified.

larrhall
04-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Like KevinT, I owned a Major Bullitt. Mine had nearly an ounce of lead tape around the handle; so it was closer to 11 than 12 ounces as advertised. Unlike other 19 (?) mm beam width frames I've hit with (Prestige Classic, for example), it twisted on off-center hits. When I queried Major in China about it through their rep, they did not want to hear about it. So, while there may be some differences between the frames - the T325 may well be built better - Major's record on racquets comes up short on customer service.

BTW, if anyone knows if Hajo von Keller from Phuket is okay in the wake of the tsunami, I would appreciate seeing news in that regard. I lost his email address...

Kevin T
04-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey guys,

Larry, Michael and myself lost a lot of hard-earned cash on Major racquets (Bullit and X-One)!! Haven't seen you post in a while, Larry. Hope all is well in sunny CA. As a matter of fact, the wife and I are moving to CA in late August. I'll stay in touch and we'll have to look each other up. I have interviews at universities/colleges in San Diego and LA and clinical prospects in Ventura/Oxnard, San Clemente and Irvine. I'll keep you posted. Still swinging those RD Tour 90s, Larry? Take care.

Pro_Tour_630
04-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Kevin, don't drive while drinking beer in SD, my friend was nailed DUI in SD last week, he had only two beers,

Anyway

http://www.major-sports.fr/

Major sports made the bullit, which is the same company techinfibre that makes the 325 only with 18X20, the bumper on both, are clear and drilled with holes. They all have Ti in them which makes them stiff, throw in some texalium and voila you have a technifibre 325 ;-)

larrhall
04-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Hi, Kevin. You'll probably like CA, nice tennis weather in any case. Good luck with relocating and you have my email as well.

Now I realize I was talking about X-One and not Bullitt. Zap, another memory failure...

yes, have two SRD Tour 90s and still love them, although the 630s are indeed something else. I recommend you get one from Michael and build up the grip size to the 5/8 or whatever it is...tremendous frame.