PDA

View Full Version : Important Hybrid Question

David123
01-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey i am a 5.0 tennis player with a big forehand using the ksix one 95 (16x18). I recently got into the dilemma of which new string i'd want to try since i am getting a stringing machine. I have come down to these:

1. Signum Pro polyplasma 17L (1.18) or (1.23)?
2. Kirschbaum proline II 17L (1.20)
3. Kirschbaum II 17 (1.25)
4. signum hyperion (1.23)
5. Gosen OG Micro 17 (hyrbid with Topspin Cyberflash)

Which one would fit my game the best? or are there other ones which you may suggest? If so could you please give me some examples of good hybrids that would suit my game (as i have a big forehand, i like to hit flat through the ball and sometimes with topspin as well as a big serve). In addition i would rather like a racket with good playability (Feel, comfort, control) rather than a durable one.

Thanks.

P.S. Perferbly i would like reels that are from Tennis Warehouse and also that do not exceed the $200 mark.

I appriciate everyone who posts their opinion.

David123
01-27-2010, 10:05 PM
I also added the following strings to my selection:

6. Weisscannon Silverstring
7. Signum Pro Tornado (1.23)
8. Tecnifibre Black Code 17
9.MSV Hex 1.10
10. Spin-X 1.23
11.Kirschbaum Touch Turbo

ps. When you choose a string that would most benefit my game please give me an efficient hybrid too :P

Thanks

Steve Huff
01-27-2010, 11:21 PM
For a poly, I loved the feel of SPPP, but I had trouble with the 1.23g. It broke prematurely on some of the players I string for, even before playing with it a couple of time. I quit carrying it. I still carry the 1.28 version and have had no problems with it. One of the 4.5 guys I string for really likes the Signum Pro Hextreme 1.25. That's another one you might consider. As for Cyberflash, it plays well, but it breaks a lot on mis-hits. Great for the crosses though. I tried MSV Hex and wasn't too crazy about it. I really liked Pacific Poly X Force, but it might be too expensive. I tried a set of 18g. Really nice. Another one that was a little stiffer than I thought it would be was Big Ace Micro. Seemed like a good string too.

bad_call
01-28-2010, 06:29 AM
For a poly, I loved the feel of SPPP, but I had trouble with the 1.23g. It broke prematurely on some of the players I string for, even before playing with it a couple of time. I quit carrying it. I still carry the 1.28 version and have had no problems with it. One of the 4.5 guys I string for really likes the Signum Pro Hextreme 1.25. That's another one you might consider. As for Cyberflash, it plays well, but it breaks a lot on mis-hits. Great for the crosses though. I tried MSV Hex and wasn't too crazy about it. I really liked Pacific Poly X Force, but it might be too expensive. I tried a set of 18g. Really nice. Another one that was a little stiffer than I thought it would be was Big Ace Micro. Seemed like a good string too.

had similar experience with SPPP breaking prematurely. if TW is the supplier then maybe the PL II 17L full poly or with Gosen OGM crosses.

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-28-2010, 06:46 AM
My current setup is Maxim Touch 1.25 mains and Cyber Flash 1.25 crosses both at 55 pounds on a K90.

jrod
01-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Strings are personal, and play differently in different frames and at different tensions. Based on the information provided, I cannot make a recommendation that is necessarily good for your game.

I can tell you what I use and why I use it though. I currently use a gut hybrid with Tonic 15L in the mains (55 lbs) and Weiscannon Silverstring (WCSS) in the crosses (53 lbs). My frame is the Volkl PB10mid.

This combination provides me with excellent feel and power from the gut mains, and excellent control from the co-poly crosses. In addition, the combination of gut mains with a untextured co-poly cross enhances spin since the mains can slide along the crosses with little resistance. Furthermore, the WCSS is a relatively soft co-poly and retains it's tension and resiliency longer than most other poly's. This is an important feature when considering the economics of using a short-lived poly in combination with expensive gut.

kiteboard
01-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Joker, fed, cilic, murray, and roddick all use some gut. Fed uses wilson premium (made at vs factory), along with vs: Murray and roddick use it in the crosses, (rod uses tour hurricane,), and everyone else uses gut with alu power 1.25mm, alu rough : fed.. If you are 5.0, increase your mass up to 355-362g, and string at 60-63lbs.

David123
01-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks a lot Kiteboard i really appriciate it :)

kiteboard
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks a lot Kiteboard i really appriciate it :)

If you are a topspinning baseliner, polarize at 12 and lower tension. All court, depolarize and higher tension.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=309803 lead tape/balance
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/customize.html customizing racquets

David123
01-30-2010, 08:22 PM
What i don't understand :S this polarization after clicking on the link.