PDA

View Full Version : Bag Recommendations Please???

mosh17
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new bag, my old one ripped at the corners :(, and I was hoping someone could give me some recommendations for a good replacement.

Anyways, I've got two to three racquets that I'm going to need to put in it, and I also need room for a pair of shoes, warmups, extra shirts, and some other gear (grips, balls, wristbands, etc.). Because of this I've been looking at the Head Tour Team bag 2009, but I don't know if its good compared to the other bags.

I'm looking for a bag with enough space and good build quality..

Thanks,
mosh

The_Question
01-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Does it have to be a Head bag?

If not, take a look at this review:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=306905

jim e
01-29-2010, 07:48 AM
I started with too small of a bag, and went larger and larger, as I needed more space.Each bag deteriorated due to overpacking it. Even the Wilson Fed. super 6 bag ended up with broken zippers due to over packing in my essentials.I finally ended up with the monster combi from Head, and thats a perfect size for me, and good quality (Best bag I have had yet!).I only keep 2 of my racquets in the bag,(but I keep the covers on so they don't get marred up), but by the time you place in shoes, socks, shorts, etc. shampoo, soap, towel, deoderant, lotion, few cans of balls, sunglasses, snacks or some sugar products, a couple water bottles,it really does not take much to fill it up to overstuffed.
It is nice to have the extra space and not get too small of a bag in whatever make you decide on.

sstchur
01-29-2010, 08:26 AM
I have the Fischer 12 racquet bag and the quality and durability is absolutely second to none. It's wonderful.

I don't think it's available anymore now that Pacific bought Fischer, but Pacific offers pretty much the identical bag, just under a different brand.

Here is a TW Vlog that reviews the Pacific bags:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/vlogpage.html?ccode=VLOG151

Skip to about 1:20 in the video.

Ilove10nis
01-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new bag, my old one ripped at the corners :(, and I was hoping someone could give me some recommendations for a good replacement.

Anyways, I've got two to three racquets that I'm going to need to put in it, and I also need room for a pair of shoes, warmups, extra shirts, and some other gear (grips, balls, wristbands, etc.). Because of this I've been looking at the Head Tour Team bag 2009, but I don't know if its good compared to the other bags.

I'm looking for a bag with enough space and good build quality..

Thanks,
mosh

I just got the Head Prestige tour monster combi bag. It's very nice and VEry very big. Since you are useing Prestige raquets also. This bag is good if you have manys racquets and a lot of stuffs to carry. But if you dont have many things in there the bag doesn't stay in shape.... Check it out!

Woodersen
01-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I have the Fischer 12 racquet bag and the quality and durability is absolutely second to none. It's wonderful.

I don't think it's available anymore now that Pacific bought Fischer, but Pacific offers pretty much the identical bag, just under a different brand.

Here is a TW Vlog that reviews the Pacific bags:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/vlogpage.html?ccode=VLOG151

Skip to about 1:20 in the video.

I believe TW is still selling their remaining stock of the Fischer 12 bags and it's actually pretty affordable.

jazzyfunkybluesy
01-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I found the Babolat 9 pack to be the highest quality out of Head, Wilson, and way above Yonex.

jwbarrientos
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey Mosh,

Without any doubt Head is in the short list when we talk about quality, another brands to consider are Babolat, Dunlop, Tecnifibre, Prokennex, IMHO wouldn't recomend Wilson.

Ripper014
01-29-2010, 10:39 AM
If we are talking quality bags... I would look at the Babolat and Technifibre ones...

mosh17
01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
If we are talking quality bags... I would look at the Babolat and Technifibre ones...

Alright, thanks guys..

So, Head bags aren't that good quality wise....

Which of the Babolat would you recommend? Team or Aero? And are these better than the Tecnifibre, Prokennex, and Fischer/Pacific?

I see that Tecnifibre does not have the thermo foil lining for the Racquets... is this a problem, or just a gimmick?

Thanks,
mosh

jwbarrientos
01-30-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi mosh17,

As you said Tecnifibre has no thermo protection, and if that is essential or just a gimmick, I would say that is something convenient if you leave your frames in your car and/or leave in place with weather extremities (of course city where you live).

Nowadays almost every new bag has at least one of them, so is quickly become a basic feauture. Personally was close to buy the Tecnifibre Tour VO2 12-Pack Bag but was sold out at the moment.

If I were you I'd go with the bag that best fit your needs, I mean room is the most important (IMHO) has no sense to have a beautiful bag that doesn't allow to carry everthing you need or is too big for you; second amount of pockets and strong material, organizers, straps, colours come behind.

Brand? is up to you, for some people is a must, for others don't care.

BB has Babolat Team Line 9 Pack Bag Bk/Silver and Babolat AeroPro 12 Pack bag Black/Silver that are really good, better than Tecnifibre and ProKennex, that is a difficult call, recomendation? go to a local store and make your own review.

Hope it helps.

Hominator
01-30-2010, 02:56 AM
I'm a big fan of Volkl bags. I have the all-black six pack and prefer it over the Hed Djokovich bag I used to use. Best parts about the Volkl bag are the genuine padded backpack straps that don't swivel and the huge built-in shoes compartment at the end of the bag. Excellent quality, too.

tennisnj
01-30-2010, 03:42 AM
I see quite a bit of variety at the club I work at & at the summer camp I run locally, & it seems the Babolat, Technifibre & Head bags hold up the best to wear & tear & the elements. Having used Volkl (& Becker) bags & racquets for 7+ years, I just wish they would come up with more durable bags. Zippers, zipper teeth, carry straps, inner lining, you name it, it's ripped on my bags from them. Granted my wear & tear is greater than the average weekend player, but I need a new bag once a year due to something ripping. Also, other bags tend to hold shape much better than Volkl/Becker.

mosh17
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies! I've decided on the fischer tour 12 bag.

It has more or less the same features as the others at that size, but it's at half the cost.

Thanks again,
mosh

DownTheLine
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
The new Head Prestige limited edition bag! One of the sharpest on the market.

velkov
02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
maybe the thread is expired, but that's the right choice :
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=TT09B9

retlod
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Foil lining is a gimmick. Thermal insulation, no matter where it is, depends upon trapping air between two places. The walls of your home do it. A puffy jacket does it. Your racquet bag does it, with or without foil. Foil on the outside might reflect infrared radiation, making the inside less hot, but foil inside does nothing.