PDA

View Full Version : looking for comments of this strings

rafanadal fan4e
01-28-2010, 06:46 PM
ISOSPEED baseline control string 16 in the mains and gose og micro sheep 16 in crosses

Jonny S&V
01-28-2010, 06:54 PM
ISOSPEED baseline control string 16 in the mains and gose og micro sheep 16 in crosses

I've used these individually, I used the 17g for the longest time and tested the 16g. Baseline is a wierd poly in the sense that it's between a 1st and 2nd gen poly. It keeps it's tension a bit better than a 1st gen poly but it's also stiffer than a 2nd gen poly. Gosen OG Micro is one of the best syn guts out there, especially for the price.

rafanadal fan4e
01-28-2010, 07:00 PM
ok i will buy the gosen og but what string did you recommend in the mains the reel under $40 dlls i want a poly not too stiff

Jonny S&V
01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
ok i will buy the gosen og but what string did you recommend in the mains the reel under $40 dlls i want a poly not too stiff

The 16g Baseline is a bit stiffer than the 17g, and I personally love the 17g, so I would go with the Isospeed Baseline 17g. What is your playing style/rating?

rafanadal fan4e
01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I start buying the prince syn gut with duraflex and it lasted me 2 hoursĦĦĦĦĦ so i switch to wilson super spin and i broke it in 5 days
So i give a try to the gosen polylon in mains and super spin in crosses and i dont like it.
im a college player and my style is big forehands and backhands with too much spin and kick serve

rafanadal fan4e
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
ohh when i use the gosen i started tio feel pain and i dont want a stiff poly

Jonny S&V
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I start buying the prince syn gut with duraflex and it lasted me 2 hoursĦĦĦĦĦ so i switch to wilson super spin and i broke it in 5 days
So i give a try to the gosen polylon in mains and super spin in crosses and i dont like it.
im a college player and my style is big forehands and backhands with too much spin and kick serve

ohh when i use the gosen i started tio feel pain and i dont want a stiff poly

Have you every tried full poly at a low tension? I'm a serve and volleyer who hits with heavy spin. I put touch at a premium, but if I were to use full synthetic gut, I break it in an hour. My shoulder is pretty picky when it comes to poly, and the first time I tried full Polylon at 58 lbs, my shoulder said no. I then tried out full Isospeed Baseline 17g at 58 lbs and my shoulder said yes! Then, about a month ago, I thought I would break out the Polylon and go for a really low tension (for me). I strung it up at 45 lbs, and I was in heaven. Spin and touch were so easy it was like playing a video game. All it took was a few adjustments for the added power (which isn't nearly as much as you think it would be). These are just my $.02. :)

rafanadal fan4e
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Have you every tried full poly at a low tension? I'm a serve and volleyer who hits with heavy spin. I put touch at a premium, but if I were to use full synthetic gut, I break it in an hour. My shoulder is pretty picky when it comes to poly, and the first time I tried full Polylon at 58 lbs, my shoulder said no. I then tried out full Isospeed Baseline 17g at 58 lbs and my shoulder said yes! Then, about a month ago, I thought I would break out the Polylon and go for a really low tension (for me). I strung it up at 45 lbs, and I was in heaven. Spin and touch were so easy it was like playing a video game. All it took was a few adjustments for the added power (which isn't nearly as much as you think it would be). These are just my $.02. :)i tried the pro hurricane tour and i like it but they cost 15 dlls each set but i put in the same tension i use(56lbs) i try the pro hurricane at 50 of tension and i was hitting the ball 3 meters out so i cant make the adjustments and i broke it with a scissors

Jonny S&V
01-28-2010, 07:42 PM
i tried the pro hurricane tour and i like it but they cost 15 dlls each set but i put in the same tension i use(56lbs) i try the pro hurricane at 50 of tension and i was hitting the ball 3 meters out so i cant make the adjustments and i broke it with a scissors

Well then, you should stick with a hybrid of Baseline 17g mains and OG Micro crosses. If the OG Micro starts breaking too soon, a more durable alternative is Babolat Superfine Play, only $4 more.