PDA

View Full Version : Question about Babolat Revenge

Deathsticks
01-28-2010, 06:59 PM
i recently restrung my Aero storm with Babolat revenge strings for the first time.
after a few hours of play i saw that the 3 outer strings on each side moved kinda far. so i moved them back and i heard a scraping like sound. then a week like some of the mains have scratched the crosses. It seemed as the mains scraped the crosses. you can notice it because part of the string turned red-ish white.
Is this natural for this particular string?
is this what stiff strings do?

flashfire276
01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
i recently restrung my Aero storm with Babolat revenge strings for the first time.
after a few hours of play i saw that the 3 outer strings on each side moved kinda far. so i moved them back and i heard a scraping like sound. then a week like some of the mains have scratched the crosses. It seemed as the mains scraped the crosses. you can notice it because part of the string turned red-ish white.
Is this natural for this particular string?
is this what stiff strings do?

The strings actually turned white? That never happened to me before.
Did you string it too tight? Your signature says 60, which is a good number that I use too. It can be just a bad restringing job.
What I can tell you is that these strings do move around quite a lot. I'm guessing because of the polyester layer. Also, the Aero Storm has the Woofer grommets, which lets the strings move around. This would make the strings (of course) move around and will also scrape each other. That can be a factor.
Has your arm hurt yet? Those strings on a full stringbed just killed me. Performance was great, but it was kinda painful.

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
01-29-2010, 07:40 PM
flashfire, all your statements are wrong.

First off, all string move, its just that polyesters have the ability to slide back because they are slippery. They dont stay out of shape when they are hit with

Also, the teflon grommets dont allow for string movement in the stringbed. Its the action when the ball hits the strings and the stringbed sinks in, it allows the stirngs to sink in more, not move around more

Deathsticks
01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
i don't mean white fully. the part where the main and cross meet scrape against each other and the mains made scrape marks on the cross.
its not entirely white. this would probably only happen on a full bed of revenge strings. people did say they are very stiff. and i used Pro hurricane tour, which is soft. it never scratched into each other. most babolats have woofer system. after a few days after stringing it should stop moving because it needs time to equalize tension trough out the racket.

it seems that the mains bit into the crosses instead of the other away around.
when i move strings back into place i hear really loud scratches.
i think im going to hybrid revenge with synthetic next time.
revenge 17 with Psg black 16 or gosen 16 micro

and no i havent gotten arm pain. im only a sophmore in high school has a high topspin fore hand. kind of a intermediate player, id rate my self almost 3.5 player

Deathsticks
01-29-2010, 07:54 PM
yea wes_love_dunlop is actually right
woofer system lets the string bed stretch more. i think it would only move on its own only alittle bit right after fresh stringing

flashfire276
01-29-2010, 07:55 PM
flashfire, all your statements are wrong.

First off, all string move, its just that polyesters have the ability to slide back because they are slippery. They dont stay out of shape when they are hit with

Also, the teflon grommets dont allow for string movement in the stringbed. Its the action when the ball hits the strings and the stringbed sinks in, it allows the stirngs to sink in more, not move around more

Of course strings move around. But Revenge tends to move around quite a bit compared to other strings. Even read the reviews! And you're right about polyesters being slippery.

Woofer grommets? I'm pretty sure they allow the strings to move around a bit for "interaction". Read it somewhere too. But you're right about strings sinking in also.