PDA

View Full Version : ProKennex 5g stringing

Simon Brown
01-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Does anyone know the correct two piece stringing pattern for the ProKennex 5g (or 7G or Ki 5). I only have the one piece stringing pattern and would like to be able to try some hybrids. Sorry if this should be obvious!

Also interested to hear about any strings that people have found work well in the ProKennex racquets. I hit with a lot of spin, so break strings regularly, but my elbow can get sore so need a reasonably soft string bed. Anyone found a good hybrid or relatively gentle poly?

SteveI
01-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Does anyone know the correct two piece stringing pattern for the ProKennex 5g (or 7G or Ki 5). I only have the one piece stringing pattern and would like to be able to try some hybrids. Sorry if this should be obvious!

Also interested to hear about any strings that people have found work well in the ProKennex racquets. I hit with a lot of spin, so break strings regularly, but my elbow can get sore so need a reasonably soft string bed. Anyone found a good hybrid or relatively gentle poly?

Hope this helps...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=240646&highlight=Pro+Kennex+Two+Piece+Stringing

BigHitterSE
01-29-2010, 06:54 AM

I have two of my Ki5 sticks strung with hybrids:
Kirschbaum Touch Turbo Mains / Kirschbaum Touch Multifiber Crosses

schenkelini
01-29-2010, 09:11 AM
I strung my 5g with BA Micro and tried it last night for the first time. All I can say is WOW! I went for 55lbs and it seems about perfect. The amount of spin I am getting is amazing. My arm feels great today too.

Simon Brown
01-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the information. Have you had any trouble getting the second string through the 5H grommet? It looks quite narrow. I guess the ProKennex really is designed just for one piece stringing.

sidzej
01-30-2010, 06:22 AM
No problem with my Ki5 at all. I am doing only 2 piece stringing, hybrids all the time....currently Global Gut in mains with Gosen OG micro in crosses.

bsandy
01-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Best place for patterns:

http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=TPRK

samster
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM

You want two piece? You got two piece!

http://i48.tinypic.com/105bc5h.jpg

schenkelini
01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't find 2 pieceing a problem either.

Tennissee
01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the information. Have you had any trouble getting the second string through the 5H grommet? It looks quite narrow. I guess the ProKennex really is designed just for one piece stringing.

5H? If you mean the 5th hole on the Head side, or 5T (top), then here's the answer.

5H should not have a second string through it. Look at Samster's photo, which shows a correct two-piece job. No 5H, 5T, or 5B ... (whatever notation you use) has a second string through it.

Simon Brown
01-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Many thanks - the pattern posted by Samster looks just the job.

Tennissee
01-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Samster, how many of the 5G SMI do you have?

cbegap
02-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Mine works well.

samster
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Samster, how many of the 5G SMI do you have?

Just one. Great for the arm!

Tennissee
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Just one. Great for the arm!

Me too. Sigh. I have 7 2001 version, which is great also. But would like to add a couple of the old SMI version.

tennisinoc
02-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Me too. Sigh. I have 7 2001 version, which is great also. But would like to add a couple of the old SMI version.

I have an old SMI version I am looking to sell.
It's in great condition. Only a few hours played on it.

email if interested with offer and info.

tennisinoc@hotmail.com

Fanou Barbarossa
02-04-2010, 02:21 AM
I have an old SMI version I am looking to sell.
It's in great condition. Only a few hours played on it.

could u up some pics pls?

thx a lot