PDA

View Full Version : Nopalea by Trivita-any comments on this?

86golf
01-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Has anyone tried Nopalea? It is a plant based juice used for inflammation. I just started using it and I wanted to see if anyone else on these boards is familiar with the product.

86golf
02-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I was hoping others would chime in on this...I've been taking this Nopalea juice for two weeks now and I have had a step change in my GE recovery. I now have no pain after playing tennis. Could be coincidence or maybe this stuff works.

Just to recap, back in Aug. I couldn't hit a ball. Took a month off and went through physical therapy. I was able to hit ground strokes after 3 weeks and then I played some matches in Sept., Oct. to finish out the fall USTA season. Played sparingly since then and I've had pain after playing for 2 days up until last week. I was taking Aleve after playing until about a month ago. The last two hits have been pain free during and after. All this time I've been using the theraband exercises too. All in all it has been 6 mos+, so time may have finally caught up to the injury or this cactus juice has helped.

The really odd thing about this, is that I feel that this may have been the best thing to happen to me. Since coming back, I've focused a lot more on my footwork, hitting the ball cleaner and making a smoother motion and slowing my swing down. I think I'm a better player now than before the injury.

charliefedererer
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I was hoping others would chime in on this...I've been taking this Nopalea juice for two weeks now and I have had a step change in my GE recovery. I now have no pain after playing tennis. Could be coincidence or maybe this stuff works.

Just to recap, back in Aug. I couldn't hit a ball. Took a month off and went through physical therapy. I was able to hit ground strokes after 3 weeks and then I played some matches in Sept., Oct. to finish out the fall USTA season. Played sparingly since then and I've had pain after playing for 2 days up until last week. I was taking Aleve after playing until about a month ago. The last two hits have been pain free during and after. All this time I've been using the theraband exercises too. All in all it has been 6 mos+, so time may have finally caught up to the injury or this cactus juice has helped.

The really odd thing about this, is that I feel that this may have been the best thing to happen to me. Since coming back, I've focused a lot more on my footwork, hitting the ball cleaner and making a smoother motion and slowing my swing down. I think I'm a better player now than before the injury.

I think you can give yourself the credit for beint smart enough to first take time off, then coming back slowly and working so hard.

There is no need to invoke your "magic" cactus juice.

The "magic" is in YOU!

chess9
02-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Without some modest research on efficacy and safety, why take something like that? It's probably not harmful, but why risk it?

When it comes to this kind of magic medicine, remember Mencken's injunction: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

:)

-Robert