PDA

View Full Version : Kneissl Aeramic Pro 25 (88)

proracketeer
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll303/proracketeer/100_0719.jpg

retrowagen
01-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Interesting frame... Circa 1989, if I remember correctly... Last of the "egg-head" Kneissl and last of the Kufsteiner Kneissl tennis equipment.

Virginia
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice looking frame.

Don't Let It Bounce
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks for posting. I was a Kneissl fan and never even knew about an Aeramic series. (Clever name, IMO.) Kneissl knew how to make a frame look good, for sure; I wish they were still in the tennis business.

Interesting that while white came to signify ceramics in racquet marketing during the 80's ceramic phase, Kneissl went the opposite way–since their best-known racquets had always been white.

Love50
01-31-2010, 03:36 PM
I have an Aeramic that is white but the one above is most definitely prettier :-)

Virginia
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
They're about to relaunch their racquet line, according to the Kneissl rep here in New Zealand. However it won't be quite the same, as they'll be made in China.

vsbabolat
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
They're about to relaunch their racquet line, according to the Kneissl rep here in New Zealand. However it won't be quite the same, as they'll be made in China.

Really again? They just shut down the tennis business not long ago.

retrowagen
01-31-2010, 07:20 PM

Well, I'm afraid that's nothing new; they started with offshore manufacturing commencing with the "Spark 25" and "Spark 35" models of 1986, and by around 1989) IIRC, completely killed racquet making in Kufstein, Tirol, Austria.

Virginia
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Really again? They just shut down the tennis business not long ago.
The Kneissl rep here in New Zealand actually wanted me to handle the marketing of racquets. He'd imported a few discontinued models, like the Black Star and Red Star. He was trying to get the Kneissl name known here in NZ, as he is principally involved in selling skis. His 12 year old is world class in his age group and his 10 year old isn't far behind.

I was interested at first, but since the name is unknown here and selling racquets in any case is an uphill battle, I reluctantly told him it was a no go.

Anyway, what he said was that there were plans afoot to make a big launch.