PDA

View Full Version : Stores in OC or LA, CA?

user92626
01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know a store in OC or LA areas that sells gamma x-2 stringing machine or similar machines that I can just go there and purchase? I'm a little weary with online shopping. Many thanks in advance.

tennisINmyBLOOD
01-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know a store in OC or LA areas that sells gamma x-2 stringing machine or similar machines that I can just go there and purchase? I'm a little weary with online shopping. Many thanks in advance.

It's rare for a tennis shop to have stringing machines for sale, as they want to make money from you by stringing your rackets. I know Cerritos Tennis in Cerritos, CA does special orders on certain items. Not sure if they will do an order on a stringing machine though. If they do make an order, it will probably cost you more than the retail price of $159.

Your best bet is to purchase online. H O L A B I R D offers free shipping if you buy the machine there. It'll take five business days to get to you, but it's worth the wait. No tax either.

southend
01-29-2010, 09:29 PM
For the money, consider an Eagnas machine. I don't know the Gamma x-2 line, but Eagnas is local in Gardena. Lot's of discussion on the stringing machine forum -- consensus seems to be good machines for the money but terrible customer service. If you don't need alot of hand holding, I think its hard to beat the value proposition of an Eagnas machine.
Just looked at the Eagnas website and they compare their model vs Gamma x-2. Easy to pick up at their warehouse.