PDA

View Full Version : forten sweet 16 full bed????

markwillplay
01-30-2010, 11:59 AM
anyone play with this string in full bed? I was thinking of using it as a fairlylow powered string that was easy on arm that I could string mid tension or less. I actually play with full gut now but believe it or not, I have always liked syn gut strings for their lower power at lower tensions. thoguth I would ask here.

schenkelini
01-30-2010, 12:38 PM
I have used it in 17ga for a full bed. It is a great playing syn gut!

bertrevert
01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Yep also done full bed 17 gauge - it's fine!

For a cheap syn gut have actually been pleasantly surprised - once it wears in then the spin increases, it feels grippier, and the power comes along too. Actually add: I was really really surprised by the bulk late spin it could impart. I didn't think it would be anything but a slippery cheap string. It's actually better than that.

Valjean
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
anyone play with this string in full bed? I was thinking of using it as a fairlylow powered string that was easy on arm that I could string mid tension or less. I actually play with full gut now but believe it or not, I have always liked syn gut strings for their lower power at lower tensions. thoguth I would ask here.
One reason people here mainly use Forten's Sweet in crosses, though, is its relative lack of durability; do you break your string often now?

markwillplay
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
not too bad with 16 gauge string. I do break 17 gauge string easier for sure the times I have tried it. I would use 16. I have a gosen syn gut that is pretty good and it lasts me. I don't thinkTW sells it any more because the gosen syn gut my buddy got was nothing like it mine is the gosen OG-sheep micro 16 and it plays pretty good really. Like I said, I mainy have been using VS 16 touch becasue I found a deal on it an that deal has run out so I will be going with another string. I liked multifeel OK when I used it and it lasted me a long time. I just figured that if the forten sweet was a soft synthetic that it might be worh a shot. I have like dsome synthetic guts becasue they seemed to not be as powerful and easier to control at lower tensions.

tennisINmyBLOOD
01-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Personally, I don't like the feel of Forten Sweet. It is soft, but a bit TOO soft. It doesn't have any feel and feels very very very mushy. Compared to other synthetics such as PSGD and Gosen OG Sheep, Forten Sweet is like hitting with a stringbed made of cotton balls. If you like the feeling of hitting with a pillow, Sweet is for you. Just my 2 cents.

markwillplay
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
thanks...I may try one bed of it. I guess I should string at mid or mid plus 2 to get the best answer.

Tour90
01-31-2010, 04:05 PM
try cyberflash in the mains and sweet in the crosses. it's amazing