PDA

View Full Version : Cross string question

tennis_pr0
01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
A very obvious question, but I just learned how to string and have only strung one racquet. Doing a one piece, after I am done my mains, I go right to the crosses. Now I watched a video on stringing crosses, and he would weave two crosses, then adjust tension. The guy who showed me how to do it adjusted tension after each cross, does this matter?

ReopeningWed
01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
If by adjusting tension, you mean pull on each cross, then yes, you want to pull on each string.

jim e
01-30-2010, 02:15 PM
A very obvious question, but I just learned how to string and have only strung one racquet. Doing a one piece, after I am done my mains, I go right to the crosses. Now I watched a video on stringing crosses, and he would weave two crosses, then adjust tension. The guy who showed me how to do it adjusted tension after each cross, does this matter?

What you do is tension each cross individually, but you probably saw the stringing of weaving one cross ahead, which helps stringing and friction and on installing the cross strings. Its where you weave one cross string ahead, then tension the previous cross, but you do tension each cross, you do not want to pull two cross strings with one pull.

papa
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I just string my own racquets and have found that staying one course ahead on the crosses makes it much easier on the weaving process. If your constantly weaving and the last course is tight, its harder to see the weave - in other words its more pronounced when loose.

tennis_pr0
01-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys, just wanted to clear that up.