PDA

View Full Version : A good Synthetic Gut to Hybrid with a Poly?

David123
01-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey guys i am a 5.0 tennis player and i have a big forehand which is mostly flat but i like to have some topspin too. I use a ksix one 95 (16x18 ) and am going to purchase the Kirschbaum proline II 1.20, and the Cyberflash 17(1.25)/cyberblue 17 (1.25) (which cyber?) and the silverstring. Anyways i wanted to try hyrbid for the first time to see what it feel like. Most people have said that it feels much better and improves your playability. So, what is a good synthetic gut to string the crosses with or should i string the synthetic on the mains? and what tension for each? I have heard the Gosen Micro 17 is a good synthetic gut but any other opinions?

Ps. I would rather want a gut with better playability rather than durability.

All opinions are appriciated!

Thanks.

kashgotmoney
01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
for synthetic gut, i like head synthetic gut pps and after that, prince syn gut with duraflex. try it in your crosses

mikeler
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Gamma is nice and smooth, does not fray as bad as PSGD with poly in the mains.

tennisINmyBLOOD
01-30-2010, 08:08 PM
I like Gosen OG Sheep Micro in any hybrid. It's quite comfortable and seems to soften out the poly. Very cheap cross, yet performs very well. If I didn't have my favorite cross available (Tecnifibre Multifeel), this would be next on my list.