PDA

View Full Version : Nadal = Sergio Garcia of tennis?

dozu
04-27-2005, 06:15 PM
The firey personality, the fierce competitiveness is so much alike between the two of them.

and they are both young spaniards.

tykrum
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I think Nadal will win a big tournament (ie Roland Garros) soon, unlike Garcia, who has been haunted by never winning a major. I really think Nadal will win the French this year, and I don't think Garcia is on anyone's top five lists for winning a major this year.

VamosRafa
04-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Pls explain who Sergio is.

Are you talking about the wheelchair tennis player from Mexico. If so, you may have an appropriate analogy. I can't speak to that.

Or to the golfer??? Well, not sure we can compare Rafa to him. Rafa may beat his Uncle Miguel Angel Nadal at golf, but I don't think he'll make his mark on the PGA circuit. Especially since he plays golf right-handed. *lol*

But I don't follow golf enough whether you can compare players from those two sports. IMO, a player has to be much more physically fit to play tennis.

aj_m2009
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Sergio is a golfer if I remember correctly.

VamosRafa
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Sergio is a golfer if I remember correctly.

Thanks, AJ. After doing an ATP search, I did a Google search, and I now remember Garcia for dating Hingis. How could I have forgotten that?

So I revised my post above. I apologize. I thought it was a reference to two ATP players.