PDA

View Full Version : klip Mains/hurricane tour cross why is my cross breaking first

aussiegrinder
01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Recently my son has changed his hybrid around to Klip armour pro natural gut mains and pro hurricane tour cross. I am a bit puzzled as to why the poly cross keeps breaking before the gut is it possible that i have a dud reel of hurricane tour?

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
could have been a bad string job, but usually crosses creak first.
also, pht is a pretty soft string imo

bsandy
01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Is it shearing at the frame (mishit)?

aussiegrinder
01-31-2010, 06:28 PM
No the poly has broken in the sweet spot on three restrings after about 8hours of play the gut is less than half worn through

alidisperanza
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Recently my son has changed his hybrid around to Klip armour pro natural gut mains and pro hurricane tour cross. I am a bit puzzled as to why the poly cross keeps breaking before the gut is it possible that i have a dud reel of hurricane tour?

It's actually not such a rare occurrance. You'll find a lot of the guys on the boards manage to break poly crosses before gut mains. Just happens to be the way he hits the ball.

could have been a bad string job, but usually crosses creak first.
also, pht is a pretty soft string imo

um... What?! I think I had to re-read that twice. PHT, as in Pro Hurricane Tour, the yellow stuff a soft string?!?! What's a hard/stiff string if PHT is soft?