PDA

View Full Version : **** and Store prices

doriancito
04-27-2005, 09:59 PM
I am very curious on **** and store prices....i bought once 2 Head Liquidmetal Radical OS 4 3/8 for $220 both plus $18 shipping a total of $238 i live in south america and got the racuqet in very good condition....now i wonder how do the **** guys manage to get the racquet for that price? i am wanting to buy now 2 Head Radical flexpoint OS 4 3/8 at $145 each through **** and at TW you can check its $180 so id probally choose **** unless TW comes with a better offer.

AndrewD
04-27-2005, 11:50 PM
**** lowers costs due to no overheads like a shop. They also provide little to no protection should anything be wrong with the racquet. Some dont provide the racquet strung, which TW does (by professionals) and they dont provide the same peace of mind. $25, to me, isn't a great deal more to pay for quality service and the peace of mind that Im dealing with reputable professionals. Also, as I said, if the racquet isn't strung you have to factor that into your costs. So, $145 plus stringing is going to be roughly the same as TW with stringing. Also, through TW you have a much greater choice of string to choose from rather than getting whatever the ****er decides to put in.

Personally, Id rather pay an extra $20 to keep TW in business (not that they need my dollar that badly) because they provide such a good range of products and such excellent before and after sales service.

GuyPerez
04-28-2005, 07:33 AM
TW also backs you up if something goes wrong. WHen my Pro Kennex broke, TW took care of me. I doubt the **** seller would.

joe sch
04-28-2005, 07:39 AM
**** is Not a store, its a world wide yard sale. You may get a liquated warehouse item or a personal item that has been laying around for several decades in a persons home garage, attick or barn :) You may get nothing at all, scammed ! You will probably not get any service or waranties.

tetsuo10
04-28-2005, 07:53 AM
**** is not just a yard sale. There are weekend sellers, mom & pop sellers, and stores with guarantees. And just like any retail store or website, everyone handles customer service differently. **** and PayPal also provide protection as well. There's is no way **** can be as big as it is if people are getting scammed beyond a very small percentage. Do you homework first.

joe sch
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
**** is not just a yard sale. There are weekend sellers, mom & pop sellers, and stores with guarantees. And just like any retail store or website, everyone handles customer service differently. **** and PayPal also provide protection as well. There's is no way **** can be as big as it is if people are getting scammed beyond a very small percentage. Do you homework first.
I have many hundreds of buys and sells on **** so my statements are based on experience "homework" If you have not been scammed yet, then consider yourself lucky, and when you advance in your studies you may not be soo suportive of ****. That said, its the worlds greatest selling market and I love the convienience of paypal !

leog
04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
I bought two brand new plastic-on-handle LM Prestiges from a guy on **** for $260 total (incl shipping) and saved $$$$$$. If you use paypal and a credit card, **** is DAMN safe. Yeah, they were unstrung, but that's how I wanted it. I think low overhead is the key to the rock bottom prices there--TW has a lot of infrastructure to support.

Rory G
04-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I've bought and sold over 300 items during the past few years...and lots of tennis racquets and equipment for myself and friends. No problems, good deals. The key is to insure items your sending and to check the feedback history or reputation of people you are buying from. Just like with any online retailer. Of course for most purchases I go to TW.

Steve Huff
04-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure, but I think that if you got the **** sheet that told the price and faxed it to TW, they would meet the price. TW buys enough rackets from each manufacturer that I'd bet they get the highest volume discount. If someone can offer you a racket that costs less than TW paid for it, I'd really be suspicious of its authenticity. There are lots of fakes that go around, especially of popular models. Also, you said you got a racket in "very good condition". That implies that it was used. Tennis rackets don't hold their value very well. Look at TW liquidations. TW can sell you a used racket cheap too.

Dopke
04-28-2005, 06:03 PM
They can sell them so cheap because even if they are real and legit, the cost for them isn't even over 120. The mark-up on a regular racquet is about 60 dollars or more. TW won't price match **** listings because **** is not an authorized seller of the products, nor are the list-ers. There is no way to verify if they are actually an authorized seller of Wilson/Prince/etc products. For used racquets, you can find a lot better buys in this forum's For sale area and from ****, than what you will find on TW liquidations. But this is not to take anything away from TW as a whole, they are an awesome tennis company and they have the best cs and everything. Just saying that as far as used racquets, you can find better deals than from the liquidation section.

esrb
04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
**** sells some damaged items. My LM Prestige has a little gold paint drop over the silver liquidmetal part. The price?? $110.00: a good deal? yes ! Some chips and dents are now all over my stick and the same thing would happen on a TW buyed recquet.
I buyed a lot of racquets from TW such a couple of POG, an I Radical.
I cannot understand why a Babolat PC is $180.00 at TW and here in peru, you can get the same stick for $130.00.....to much profit??
A year ago, in a sport store in tokio, i saw a bucket full of racquets, all brands...mostly prince, head and yonex: price? $20.00 each !! bad paintjobs: i saw a TT Warrrior with the TT sign in green and POGs with no grip...interesting eh??
All is marketing and profit.

colababy
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't buy something from **** China, because officialy **** china doesn't support credit card or paypal. You have to pay CASH, meaning western union. The service charge for western union is $15 minimum and this is uninsured. Plus, shipping would be very high. IF they accept paypal, it's not official and unprotected. Plus, your seller has a private feedback. I never buy anything from seller with private feedback.

Dopke
04-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Does this look legit, be4 going to colllege i want to pick up one of these racquets because i'll be teaching tennis this summer.

http://cgi.*********.cn/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20871&item=7150923247&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

found it on **** china, give me your opinions, good pics too...

I wouldn't buy that.
1) From china
2) private feedback

Just find another on USA **** with paypal.

joe sch
04-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Does this look legit, be4 going to colllege i want to pick up one of these racquets because i'll be teaching tennis this summer.

found it on **** china, give me your opinions, good pics too...
I would think that TW can beat that price of 680.00? /? especially with the additional shipping of ?? !

Andy Hewitt
04-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I just paid $110 for a strung RDX 500 mid (wilson nxt 16 sting) on ****. Perfect condition. Even yonex pattern on strings!

Here it would be like 200+ for racquet and strings + shipping. I got a good deal.

Dopke
04-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah. I got a near new RDX500 mid for about 80 on ****.

Cruzer
04-29-2005, 11:07 AM
**** is a great place to find practically anything in new or used condition. I have bought (and sold) several tennis racquets on ****. I have found good deals on tennis bags, tennis shoes and tennis apparel and I am only referring to new items I have purchased. Obviously the selction of items is very limited compared to shopping at an online retailer like TW. There are many retailers that use **** as their online retail site since it is probably much cheaper than setting and maintaining their own website and I think they are generally as reliable as any other online retailer.