PDA

View Full Version : Recycle Used Tennis Balls?

VamosSR
01-31-2010, 08:35 AM
I was reading another Thread and thought of this question that's been on my mind for a while now..

What do you do with old, used tennis balls that you're probably not going to use again?? Recycle them somehow? Throw them in the trash?

I'm not such an advanced or "fiscally liberal" tennis player that I open up a new can every time I play, but I still have a lot of used tennis balls lying around that I don't know what to do with.. I can't imagine how many tennis balls are used by advanced players in a month's time! Thanks in advance for any replies!

jswinf
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
I've palmed some off on a schoolteacher who liked to use them to cushion the bottoms of student's chair legs so they weren't so noisy. Also once I saw an ad on craigslist looking for used tennis balls for a Burning Man festival. I think they used them on top of tent stakes so the drunken hedonists wouldn't impale themselves. Made me think maybe construction guys could stick tennis balls on top of rebar and other stakes instead of those little plastic discy things.

The_Question
01-31-2010, 10:37 AM
I wish there's a recycling center for tennis balls. However, there isn't one, and nobody seems to care to recycle them. I have contacted Wilson on this matter. It took them 1 week to get back to me and basically offered no solution but to trash them...shame...

Dags
01-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I give mine to a dog shelter. They've never refused them yet, so I assume the dogs go through a lot of balls.

tennis005
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
^^^ Great Idea!!!!

imajica77
01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey guys here is a company that recycles used tennis balls. Lets not put all of our old used balls in the landfills.

www.rebounces.com

charliefedererer
02-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey guys here is a company that recycles used tennis balls. Lets not put all of our old used balls in the landfills.

www.rebounces.com

Thanks for letting us know about this great resource.
I just put the link in my favorites box.
I did call them, and they are indeed ready to accept and recycle old balls.

charliefedererer
02-01-2010, 07:38 AM
I give mine to a dog shelter. They've never refused them yet, so I assume the dogs go through a lot of balls.

Thanks for the idea. My daughter has volunteered for a dog shelter, and I'm sure some of my old balls can go there. I probably have too many for them to take, and plan on recycling most of them, but this is a great idea.

Teamtomo
02-01-2010, 08:04 AM

Theres a dog shelter near where I live! Thanks for the idea! :)

Tina
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi All,

If you decide to recycle your tennis balls, Please think of me, Tina. I am accepting any type of donation for practices ^_^.

-Tina