PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Win Roger's Racquet in auction for Haiti but I got the next best thing....

Pages : [1] 2

Fabfed
01-31-2010, 11:21 AM
I made a number of bids for Rogerís 2010 AO match-used racquet from the ďTennis Stars Auction Racquets for HaitiĒ auction which ended today, but was unsuccesful, the winning bid was a staggering US$25,000 (I could not bring myself to bid 20K let alone 25K). I had planned to post comparative pics of his debut Slam winning BLX 6.1 Tour 90 with the K6.1 Tour 90 actual racquet of Rogerís that I have, if I had won, but I guess that would have to remain a dream for now.

That disappointment aside, I have good news for my fellow posters, I did manage to score Nadalís 2010 AO match-used racquet from the same auction (it went for less than a third of Rogerís racquet, but was the second most popular racquet, auction price wise, followed by the racquets of Djokovic, Clijsters and Dokic). If all goes well, I should get the racquet within 3 weeks or so (Tennis Australia said that processing time would take about 20 days), and I will post clear, close-up pics (as I always do) of Nadalís new stick and we can all try to determine if itís indeed the new Aeropro Drive GT or just a paintjob etc. Though Iím a big Fed fan, I do not dislike Nadal, in fact I like him for some of his amazing qualities, and Iím pretty stoked about getting my hands on Nadalís actual racquet.

Those who know me will know this is not some sham thread, but for those who think I am pulling a fast one, I have just one request Ė donít visit my thread when I do post pics of the racquet (and this is directed in particular at sureshs, who can go **** himself/itself).

Stay tuned ....:)

Green374
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
The good thing is that you scored Rafa's frame!

GasquetGOAT
01-31-2010, 11:29 AM
congrats. good for you. how much did djoko and kim's racquets go for?

SirGounder
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
sounds awesome man. post some pics when you get it

Kick Serve 14
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Dude, that is awesome! But I bet it cost a fortune. Are you going to hit with it at all? Or will you just put it up on the wall of achievement in the man cave?

West Coast Ace
01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Great job, OP. That's not a bad 2nd prize. I'd be thrilled to get a practice used stick from any of the top guys...

Kenny022593
01-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Great job, OP. That's not a bad 2nd prize. I'd be thrilled to get a practice used stick from any of the top guys...

I wouldnt think of it as a prize unless he is a hard core collector =). He had to shell out some major cash!

Atleast he knows his money is going to people that really need it!

arche3
01-31-2010, 12:34 PM
and you can tell us what it is strung with and if it is a paint jobbed frame... this is awesome.

andymo
01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd laugh soo hard if the frame's just a stock APDC GT with Nadal's sig on it. You know, since Babolat don't want the news to go public that he's using a PJ...

Marshredder
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Awesome stuff man! Post us as many specs as you're able too! Plus loads of pictures :D

Don't Let It Bounce
01-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Also, thanks for kicking in such a large chunk of money to Haiti relief. Enjoy the racquet!

kimbahpnam
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
yea, hopefully it's not a stock frame that he was using.

star 5 15
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
To the posters who think it will be normal frame with a sig. That is highly unlikely IMO. They don't sell for thousands of dollars on **** and then do that. That would be fraud. And on the auction in the description it says that it is a frame used by so and so in the 2010 Australian Open. Their actual frame. If anyone wants to make any bets saying its a stock frame I am open to all. :)

FEDERERNADAL13
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Can't wait to see some pics:twisted:!

sixone90
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
To the posters who think it will be normal frame with a sig. That is highly unlikely IMO. They don't sell for thousands of dollars on **** and then do that. That would be fraud. And on the auction in the description it says that it is a frame used by so and so in the 2010 Australian Open. Their actual frame. If anyone wants to make any bets saying its a stock frame I am open to all. :)

I'm not sure if you know, but Hewitt had an auction awhile back for supposedly one of the racquets Nadal played with during Wimbledon 2008, and guess what? It had cortex. Fraud?

Kenny022593
01-31-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure if you know, but Hewitt had an auction awhile back for supposedly one of the racquets Nadal played with during Wimbledon 2008, and guess what? It had cortex. Fraud?

Maybe he hit a ball with it during practice?

alle0221
01-31-2010, 09:25 PM
my friend and I bidding on federer's nadal's and novak's racket for the haiti fundraiser during the aussie open to help raise more money for the cause.:) enjoy

bidding for novak's and nadal's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhz6GhpOShI

bidding for federer's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjgb3AR0l4c

kiteboard
01-31-2010, 10:51 PM
I made a number of bids for Rogerís 2010 AO match-used racquet from the ďTennis Stars Auction Racquets for HaitiĒ auction which ended today, but was unsuccesful, the winning bid was a staggering US$25,000 (I could not bring myself to bid 20K let alone 25K). I had planned to post comparative pics of his debut Slam winning BLX 6.1 Tour 90 with the K6.1 Tour 90 actual racquet of Rogerís that I have, if I had won, but I guess that would have to remain a dream for now.

That disappointment aside, I have good news for my fellow posters, I did manage to score Nadalís 2010 AO match-used racquet from the same auction (it went for less than a third of Rogerís racquet, but was the second most popular racquet, auction price wise, followed by the racquets of Djokovic, Clijsters and Dokic). If all goes well, I should get the racquet within 3 weeks or so (Tennis Australia said that processing time would take about 20 days), and I will post clear, close-up pics (as I always do) of Nadalís new stick and we can all try to determine if itís indeed the new Aeropro Drive GT or just a paintjob etc. Though Iím a big Fed fan, I do not dislike Nadal, in fact I like him for some of his amazing qualities, and Iím pretty stoked about getting my hands on Nadalís actual racquet.

Those who know me will know this is not some sham thread, but for those who think I am pulling a fast one, I have just one request Ė donít visit my thread when I do post pics of the racquet (and this is directed in particular at sureshs, who can go **** himself/itself).

It would be interesting to remove the head guard and see how much lead, and where, and whether silicone injected into handle, wt, balance, and whether the string is duralast painted black, whether it is cortex. Can you do that for us?

zapvor
02-01-2010, 04:34 AM
now this is interesting

Fabfed
02-01-2010, 06:04 AM
I'd laugh soo hard if the frame's just a stock APDC GT with Nadal's sig on it. You know, since Babolat don't want the news to go public that he's using a PJ...

I'm having nightmares over this prospect :)......... really!

jorel
02-01-2010, 06:14 AM

i need a loan

Fabfed
02-01-2010, 06:19 AM

I know what you are referring to, these are the photos from that Hewitt charity auction in Nov 2008, where the "Wimbledon-used APDĒ was supposed to have been donated to the auction by Nadal. Looking at the photos, it does look like a stock APDC rather than a APD, the cortex is there and even the grip looks like an original grip rather than an overgrip, as some posters had pointed out.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/Eswap1.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/Eswap4.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/Eswap2.jpg
Photos from Hewitt charity auction

Now compare this to the photo below of the APD Nadal donated to the Wimbledon museum in 2008 after his win, notice that Nadalís signature goes smoothly and uninterrupted over the ďVĒ cortex (and even on the yellow part of the throat with the word Aeropro), indicating that it is painted on. Now compare it to the Hewitt auction photos again, although Nadalís signature does not touch the cortex, there is an interruption of the signature even as it goes over the yellow portion with the word Aeropro.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1010118.jpg
Photo taken from Wimbledon Museum in 2008

Hate to flog this topic to death, but I have a vested interest in this issue as I paid a tidy sum for the racquet (albeit for a very good cause), and I would expect to see my racquet with a painted on cortex and a completely smooth throat...

jorel
02-01-2010, 06:57 AM
I know what you are referring to, these are the photos from that Hewitt charity auction in Nov 2008, where the "Wimbledon-used APDĒ was supposed to have been donated to the auction by Nadal. Looking at the photos, it does look like a stock APDC rather than a APD, the cortex is there and even the grip looks like an original grip rather than an overgrip, as some posters had pointed out.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/Eswap1.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/Eswap4.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/Eswap2.jpg
Photos from Hewitt charity auction

Now compare this to the photo below of the APD Nadal donated to the Wimbledon museum in 2008 after his win, notice that Nadalís signature goes smoothly and uninterrupted over the ďVĒ cortex (and even on the yellow part of the throat with the word Aeropro), indicating that it is painted on. Now compare it to the Hewitt auction photos again, although Nadalís signature does not touch the cortex, there is an interruption of the signature even as it goes over the yellow portion with the word Aeropro.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1010118.jpg
Photo taken from Wimbledon Museum in 2008

Hate to flog this topic to death, but I have a vested interest in this issue as I paid a tidy sum for the racquet (albeit for a very good cause), and I would expect to see my racquet with a painted on cortex and a completely smooth throat...
i would expect the same

Nanshiki
02-01-2010, 07:38 AM
I think you either have more money than brains or have a serious lack of brains...

So how much did it cost you?

drakulie
02-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Wow! 8k for a racquet. Ouch. :shock:

Anyway, thanks for posting, and as always look forward to the photos.

Pioneer
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
It would actually be kind of cool if they send you a stock APDC with a nadal signature, you could sue Babolat/Australian open/whatever and rip them off with like 100 grand.

It would also be cool if they sent you the real racquet and you discovered both the racquet and strings are PJ-ed. Then you could sue them for misleading their clients and bust the whole paintjob business that's absolute fraud and against any moral principle.

In both scenarios you would rip them off, and in the 2nd scenario you would bust painjobbing and be everyone's hero!

VamosRafa10
02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Id be gutted if it wasnt legit. I wish you the best with hopefully your real nadal racquet

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
i would expect the same

You can also see that the string is duarast, due to its translucence.

Azzurri
02-01-2010, 09:07 AM
It would actually be kind of cool if they send you a stock APDC with a nadal signature, you could sue Babolat/Australian open/whatever and rip them off with like 100 grand.

It would also be cool if they sent you the real racquet and you discovered both the racquet and strings are PJ-ed. Then you could sue them for misleading their clients and bust the whole paintjob business that's absolute fraud and against any moral principle.

In both scenarios you would rip them off, and in the 2nd scenario you would bust painjobbing and be everyone's hero!

wow..you seem to know quite a bit about PJ's for a new poster.8-)

u in the biz?

MichaelChang
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Wow I didn't know a real Federer used racket can go for 25k. Even 8k for a Nadal used racket sounds quite insane. Well Fabfed you are the man.

mtommer
02-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Instead of discussing whether the racquet is authentic or not right now, why don't we wait for the racquet to come first. Goodness, you're going to give the OP an anxiety attack everyone. :D

sureshs
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
25K was too much but 20K was OK? LOL

People who bid 20K don't bother about 5K spare change.

Take your story somewhere else. Anyone can post a pic of APDC or whatever it is.

And yeah I will be playing with Fed's racquet soon. It is a demo in the pro shop. It is called the BLX 90.

And BTW, why do you want to buy a Fed racquet at an online auction, since you already have a verified one from a real auction already LOL

jemsiter
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
the auction says it is a signed racquet. so if i were you i would be very concerned. i can almost feel they are going to ship you a stock racquet with nadal's signature.

Kenny022593
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
^Atleast FedAce is actually funny and nice....

aphex
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM

volleynets
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
So either I could have bought Federer's racket or a brand new car. HMMMMMMM.

Nanshiki
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Lots of times when pros donate racquets they are stock versions of their PJ'd frames. My local pro shop has a signed PDR and a signed APDC and both have the cortex in them and even are strung and overgripped to look like they are from the actual players stock.

That stupid "sports collectibles" company (the one that sells signed balls and pieces of nets in cases for ridiculous amounts) had a signed STOCK PDR on display at the Davis Cup in B-Ham, and it was $750. That's a $550 profit, considering A-Rod probably signed it for free.

topanlego
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
It would be interesting to remove the head guard and see how much lead, and where, and whether silicone injected into handle, wt, balance, and whether the string is duralast painted black, whether it is cortex. Can you do that for us?

I don't understand this "painted black" thing on the duralast. Wouldn't the paint get rubbed off during play? And since it's a ploy, paint/stencil wouldn't stick on very well anyway.

kimbahpnam
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
So either I could have bought Federer's racket or a brand new car. HMMMMMMM.

if i could afford it, i'd go for the racquet. do you know how fast a car depreciates?

a signed authentic game-used fed racquet in some years time will be worth a lot more than the car you decided to buy instead of the racquet.

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I think it would be the real deal, because the rackets they are selling are from the players themselves, not from babolat or whatever company

LameTennisPlayer
02-01-2010, 03:33 PM
i thought the rackets were from the OZ open itself not from the haiti charity match, thats how it was advertised over here, I live in Melbourne...

LameTennisPlayer
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
My next question, does anybody know about past tennis memmorabilia e.g current price of Sampras winning Wimbledon Racket etc, or Rod Laver, Bjorg etc.....

FEDERERNADAL13
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I think $25000 is way too much! I know it is Federer's racket, but that is insane!

SuperDuy
02-01-2010, 04:26 PM
he will probably get a real one,

topseed
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Congratulations!

Can't wait to see the images. Keep us posted! :)

nadalfan!
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont mean to kill any hopes but I'm pretty sure they just send you stock racquets with their sigs on them. I mean you can tell when a racquet is used by the chips and scuffs it has even for just about an hour playing time. If they sent you a real one, babolat would be screwed for their entire future and you would become one of the richest people on TT... :) But let's hope its fully legit!

bertrevert
02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I just think it should be the real deal. I reckon they should take it out of his sweaty hand and authenticate that moment. i mean I would hope that would happen. To get people to bid on it is a bit diff from a sporting memorabilia cmpny selling their tat. I mean it's being bid for, it's for a good cause, and it's a special moment for this to be done - for anything less than authentic to be shipped would be shocking, galling.

MichaelChang
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
To anyone with doubts in OP: I fully believe what OP has said based on his posts in the past and the fact that he has always backed up all his claims. Fabfed is a real collector, and probably quite rich compared to most people here.

Bhagi Katbamna
02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
I'd be intersted in a pic too. Even if it isn't a legit Nadal used one, at least the money went to a good cause and you weren't ripped off by a dealer.

agassi fan
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
how much did u pay for it

aimr75
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
how much did u pay for it

here are the sale prices for each racquet auctioned:

Jelena Dokic US $1,891.99

Kim Clijsters US $2,126.00

Novak Djokovic US $3,000.00

Rafael Nadal US $7,100.00

Roger Federer US $25,000.00

J011yroger
02-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Way cool man, looking forward to the info.

J

ronalditop
02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I truly wish you get the real Nadal's racquet and not any APDC with Nadal's signature on it.

bertrevert
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
FabFed you have done a good thing for Haiti (don't listen to "sureshs" or whatever his name is). More power to you mate!

aimr75
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
I truly wish you get the real Nadal's racquet and not any APDC with Nadal's signature on it.

This surely cannot be the case.. anyone can take their own APDC to an event and catch nadal post match or a prac session and get him to sign it..

vincent_tennis
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't understand this "painted black" thing on the duralast. Wouldn't the paint get rubbed off during play? And since it's a ploy, paint/stencil wouldn't stick on very well anyway.

Could have been sparyed, no?

http://tweetphoto.com/9531514

vincent_tennis
02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
As I have said in my original post, I wanted an actual Fed BLX6.1, since I already have one of Rog's K6.1. And if I had won, and it turned out that his new BLX was actually a K6.1 PJ (or even an Ncode PJ), so be it. I would still have the racquet that Fed won the 2010 AO so majestically with, and I would have done the TW forum the service of actually uncovering the secrets behind Fed's sticks.

Heyy could you please please pleaseeeeeeee post some pics / Stats of the Racquet?

Many Thanks
Fellow Federer Fan

lawrence
02-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Damn it's a shame you didn't get fed's though. we woulda had the mystery finally solved!

vincent_tennis
02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Damn it's a shame you didn't get fed's though. we woulda had the mystery finally solved!

I think most of us already know that the nadal racquet is a PJ, you can see if it you saw the slow mos

ericsson
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Fabfed, keep up the good work buddy, there are lots op people here that really appreciate your effort and brilliant pics! keep them coming...

Automatix
02-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Hey Fabfed don't listen to those who envy that you can get true player equipment. You're doing a phenomenal job at contributing your comparisons of player eq vs retail vs limited editions...

Your clothes thread was great! And I am looking forward to your reading about what you got. Keeping my fingers crossed you get an APD painted as APDC GT!

Thanks for your time!

vsbabolat
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Heyy could you please please pleaseeeeeeee post some pics / Stats of the Racquet?

Many Thanks
Fellow Federer Fan

He did. Look here. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=3151582#post3151582

brn101s
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
congratulations on winning. . .and good for you, giving money for Haiti!

I'm sure someone mentioned this before me (didnt look at all the posts), but if memory serves, I believe Nadal's actual racquet is the AeroPro Drive (no cortex, no GT) with large amounts of lead around 12 o'clock on the frame under the grommet. 2 overgrips (Wilson pro??) instead of replacement grip on a L1 or L2 grip, strung with Babolat Duralast Tour around 54-56 lbs. Again, congrats, and have fun hitting with it/showing it off!

VGP
02-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I dont mean to kill any hopes but I'm pretty sure they just send you stock racquets with their sigs on them. I mean you can tell when a racquet is used by the chips and scuffs it has even for just about an hour playing time. If they sent you a real one, babolat would be screwed for their entire future and you would become one of the richest people on TT... :) But let's hope its fully legit!

FabFed knows this...... check the thread referenced in the following quote. The authenticity was confirmed by RJYU at Priority One.

Look here. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=3151582#post3151582

To all those who are saying he "paid too much" or is just throwing around his money, in this case these frames were put up for a charity auction - to a cause that has immediate need - and not to some shlub that's out to make a buck who's pawning off their frame they got signed at an autograph session.

MichaelChang
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
here are the sale prices for each racquet auctioned:

Jelena Dokic US $1,891.99

Kim Clijsters US $2,126.00

Novak Djokovic US $3,000.00

Rafael Nadal US $7,100.00

Roger Federer US $25,000.00

Interesting.

Let me tell you why the price seems high (especially Federer's): Winner's Curse.
In case you don't know what it means:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winner's_curse
The winner's curse is a phenomenon akin to a Pyrrhic victory that occurs in common value auctions with incomplete information. In short, the winner's curse says that in such an auction, the winner will tend to overpay.

vincent_tennis
02-03-2010, 04:06 AM
He did. Look here. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=3151582#post3151582

Thanks mate

Rabbit
02-03-2010, 06:24 AM
(and this is directed in particular at sureshs, who can go **** himself/itself).

You are my new hero... :)

BTW...thanks in advance for sharing the pictures of the purchase. The only thing stopping me from bidding is money. :)

Again, the vast majority of us really appreciate the "inside" stuff that a number of posters are privy to. Please continue to ignore the assclowns(ureshs)....

jorel
02-03-2010, 07:00 AM
if i had the money... i would buy Federer... have him play at my house...at my will... keep him in a glass jar...
(i think ive said too much)

Fabfed
02-03-2010, 07:07 AM
You are my new hero... :)

BTW...thanks in advance for sharing the pictures of the purchase. The only thing stopping me from bidding is money. :)

Again, the vast majority of us really appreciate the "inside" stuff that a number of posters are privy to. Please continue to ignore the assclowns(ureshs)....

Hey thanks! Appreciate the support from you and the rest of the posters. I'm eagerly awaiting the reply from tennis australia on when they will ship the nadal stick, will keep everyone updated :)

MichaelChang
02-03-2010, 07:08 AM
if i had the money... i would buy Federer... have him play at my house...at my will... keep him in a glass jar...
(i think ive said too much)

As of now Federer makes tens of millions each year. After he retires, I think if he really get bored he may decide to serve some ultra rich men on earth, to play for them at their residence at their demand.

sureshs
02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
^^^ Rest a long stick between your thumb and index finger on both hands. Slowly move your hands towards the center of the stick and notice that the stick remains evenly balanced. As your left hand moves closer to the center of gravity, more weight is placed on that hand making it easier for the right hand, to slide and vice versa. Your hands trade off balancing the stick until both hands meet at the center of gravity, where both hands support equal weight.

(http://exs.exploratorium.edu/exhibits/center-of-gravity/)

Rabbit
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
^^^ Rest a long stick between your thumb and index finger on both hands. Slowly move your hands towards the center of the stick and notice that the stick remains evenly balanced. As your left hand moves closer to the center of gravity, more weight is placed on that hand making it easier for the right hand, to slide and vice versa. Your hands trade off balancing the stick until both hands meet at the center of gravity, where both hands support equal weight.

(http://exs.exploratorium.edu/exhibits/center-of-gravity/)

Make that 12,240 tripe and stupid posts...

And the number is growing...

TfReAk
02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Congrats man! Pretty need that you got Nadal's racket. Can't wait for the pics:D I guess nobody hardly can:)

aphex
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Please post the specs and don't run away if someone asks for the balance. You can just use the side of a table or just your hands.

http://freedomofphiladelphia.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/stfu.jpg

stoble
02-03-2010, 03:46 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ I love it.

Andyroddickfan
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
sheshes, or whatever your name way be, shehasnofriendssesh?
shelikesbeingatoolshesh? Why would you even post such a stupid comment? i mean really? you know your defeated and yet you have to come back and post some lame, stupid post knowing already that no one likes you, good job for being an idiot. Im new to these boards and i already know what kind of guy you are, well done.

samster
02-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Fabfed,

I look forward to pics of the Nadal frame. By the way, how's the Federer K90 holding up? Does the white overgrip turn orange because of the Wilson leather grip (annoying thing about the Wilson leather)?

Aces09
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM
WOW! Fabfed, congratulations!! That's quite an incredible score. :D I'm really excited for you. I've got an Andy Roddick (Babolat PDGT pj) and a Mike Bryan (Exo3 pro ignite team pj) match used racquet and I know how exhilarating it is to hold a pro's frame, and to own one is hundreds of times better.
I'm excited to see the pics when it comes in. Congratulations again!

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Fabfed,

I look forward to pics of the Nadal frame. By the way, how's the Federer K90 holding up? Does the white overgrip turn orange because of the Wilson leather grip (annoying thing about the Wilson leather)?

Hey samster, great to hear from you again. Unfortunately, it did :( it has bled onto the overgrip and has turned even more orange since I posted the pics about a year ago.

On a brighter note, I've been told the nadal racquet has been shipped and I should get it next week. I will also post latest pics this weekend of the Fed K90, and some other retail sticks.

aimr75
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Hey samster, great to hear from you again. Unfortunately, it did :( it has bled onto the overgrip and has turned even more orange since I posted the pics about a year ago.

On a brighter note, I've been told the nadal racquet has been shipped and I should get it next week. I will also post latest pics this weekend of the Fed K90, and some other retail sticks.

FabFed, will be nice to see some updated pics of the k90. Its understandable if you havent, but did you ever try hitting with it?

ProgressoR
02-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Good work fabfed, donating good amounts to charity and bagging a pro racket at the same time.

One question from me - dont these guys change rackets several times during a match?

Do you get these rackets to play with, or to collect? just curious

sureshs
02-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks for posting the pics and the specs promptly after starting the thread. Greatly appreciated!

sureshs
02-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Use your brains guys. A guy who can spend 8K or 20K (excuse me 19K) on a racquet in this economy is either a total nut or a multi-millionaire. Either case he is: 1. not going to post here 2. not care what people think about it.

If you think someone paid 8K for a racquet just like that, and cares deeply about being believed and appreciated by an anonymous Internet crowd of mostly middle-class posters, you are sadly wrong.

ericsson
02-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Use your brains guys. A guy who can spend 8K or 20K (excuse me 19K) on a racquet in this economy is either a total nut or a multi-millionaire. Either case he is: 1. not going to post here 2. not care what people think about it.

If you think someone paid 8K for a racquet just like that, and cares deeply about being believed and appreciated by an anonymous Internet crowd of mostly middle-class posters, you are sadly wrong.

I guess you're the one who are sadly wrong, cos the guy IS posting and seems to be passionate about tennis and Federer, what is wrong with that? what has that to do with multi-millionaire, even if he is that's his business, not ours! It's great he takes the time to post these great items, let's give him a break will ya.

drakulie
02-04-2010, 06:49 AM
FabFed, stay focused on the positives in this thread. We wouldn't want you to stop posting because of the negative posts.

Thanks!

sureshs
02-04-2010, 07:40 AM
^^^ And all this after I apologized.

I think your very first post showed you are not about the racquet, but to go after some imaginary enemies.

samster
02-04-2010, 07:53 AM

That's too bad with the K90 grip. Fortunately, if I recall correctly, Fed signed the racket in multiple locations. My retail K90 does that all the time (turning grips orange) and irritates the heck out of me.

Yeah, keep the pics coming!

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I am really not that interested in this thread. The only reason I posted was because YOU picked on me in your FIRST post based on a previous thread where all I did was ask you for specs which you did not provide (and asked for more details about how you got it). You of course have every right not to say anything and take the 5th amendment. But you locked me in into an imaginary hostility between us and started a fight again. Go back and read your OP and honestly ask yourself: wasn't it just to continue some imaginary fight that no one had so you can get some kicks? Unfortunately, I took the bait and got carried away. I will not do so in the future, so please excuse any misunderstanding.

There was nothing imaginary about our hostilities. I do not need to go back to my OP, I remember it CLEARLY. I picked on you because you alluded to me being a thief in your VERY FIRST POST to me. Don't try and pin this on me, you did not come along innocently at the outset asking me about specs, so just get off your high horse.

Me getting kicks from this fight? That's rich coming from you. Look at your posts dude, you are one getting kicks from picking fights. Talk about the pot calling.

Oh, so you claim you are not interested in this thread. Then be sure we do not see you chipping in with a worthless, trite post later. We all know how you really can't help yourself.

MichaelChang
02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
and for everybodys info the match winning kfactor rog used in the 2007 winbledon final was sold on the bay for $100000! so $25000 aint bad.

wow. 100 grand. good lord. Guess it shows the difference between a racket Federer used in pratice and a racket he used to win a slam final. But on the other hand, they could very well be the same racket. I mean, Wilson give him like 20 rackets at the beginning of the year, and he started using them in his practises and etc, and then carry on into the tournaments. Am I right or wrong?

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 08:12 AM
^^^ And all this after I apologized.

I think your very first post showed you are not about the racquet, but to go after some imaginary enemies.

Ok, I didn't see your earlier post when I wrote the previous one and posted it, my bad. I just really didn't appreciate what you wrote about me in the Roddick racquet thread some months bad.

I'm willing to stop all this if you meant it as well.

This thread is really about the racquet.

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 08:21 AM
wow. 100 grand. good lord. Guess it shows the difference between a racket Federer used in pratice and a racket he used to win a slam final. But on the other hand, they could very well be the same racket. I mean, Wilson give him like 20 rackets at the beginning of the year, and he started using them in his practises and etc, and then carry on into the tournaments. Am I right or wrong?

It could well be the actual racquet, though he uses what, 2-3 racquets in a single match? And remember Roger's autographed winning 05 US Open Ncode racquet attracted a top bid of about $26K for the victims of hurricane katrina?

sureshs
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Do you think you will get a racquet already customized for him or something that he just happens to have? Reports here suggest that his SW is 352 or so and he adds a lot of lead on the upper hoop. That is probably all the customization he does, and I don't know who does it for him. Would he have put up such a frame for auction?

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Do you think you will get a racquet already customized for him or something that he just happens to have? Reports here suggest that his SW is 352 or so and he adds a lot of lead on the upper hoop. That is probably all the customization he does, and I don't know who does it for him. Would he have put up such a frame for auction?

I honestly don't know. It's entirely possible since Fed gives his customised racquets for charity auctions. However, I've been warned that it could well be a normal signed retail racquet in Nadal's case, since it could reveal that Nadal doesn't use cortex if he auctions off his actual frames, and that might put customers off if it is confirmed. But personally, I think it will be one of his actual frames, since tennis australia says it was used during the recent AO. We will find out soon enough. I'm hoping to receive it in a few days. I will post a few preliminary pics of it as soon as I receive it. I don't know much about balance and swing weight, but we will try to establish it with the suggestions of you guys, as long as it doesn't harm the racquet in any way.

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Ok call me crazy, but I actually have another Fed K90 coming to me very soon (hopefully its legit), so I will have 2 Fed K90s and hopefully Nadal's actual APD (I will be crushed if I see the cortex on the racquet, but no worries, I will not just accept it :)). I will post pics of both Fed K90s and try to do a photo comparison, between the 2 as well as compare it with a retail K90 (US frame). My previous Fed K90 photos were compared with an AK90. I will also get hold of a retail APD GT (will be available in mid-Feb if I'm not mistaken) to compare with hopefully the authentic match-used Nadal APD (fingers-crossed).

But sorry, I will not be hitting with the pro frames or bringing it to a pro stringer to have it measured for balance & swing weight or whatever. I will, however, weigh the racquets and take as many photos as possible, close-ups and all. And I can try to establish the balance and SW for you guys if there is some way for me to do it myself without damaging the racquets.

MichaelChang
02-04-2010, 09:10 AM
When you receive these pro rackets, do they provide you a certificate of authentication, something like that?

kiteboard
02-04-2010, 09:10 AM
I honestly don't know. It's entirely possible since Fed gives his customised racquets for charity auctions. However, I've been warned that it could well be a normal signed retail racquet in Nadal's case, since it could reveal that Nadal doesn't use cortex if he auctions off his actual frames, and that might put customers off if it is confirmed. But personally, I think it will be one of his actual frames, since tennis australia says it was used during the recent AO. We will find out soon enough. I'm hoping to receive it in a few days. I will post a few preliminary pics of it as soon as I receive it. I don't know much about balance and swing weight, but we will try to establish it with the suggestions of you guys, as long as it doesn't harm the racquet in any way.

That would really suck if they sold you a fake racquet, one that he does not acutally use in matches. Is there any way to prove it either way?

sureshs
02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Balance is very easy as mentioned earlier. SW is a little more tricky.

First you have to get the weight of the racquet by a scale. If you don't have one, that is the end of the story.

Then all you need to do is to suspend the racquet from a nail (like you would "hang" a racquet). Then oscillate it like a pendulum and get the time period of one complete to and fro oscillation by taking the total time for 10 oscillations and dividing by 10. Keep the oscillation in a single plane as much as possible, and the amplitude quite small from the center position.

Based on the length of the racquet (27" inches presumably), the static weight, and this time period, we can first find the moment of inertia about the top of the frame using the physical pendulum formula, and then use parallel-axis theorem to adjust it to 4 inches above the butt.

sureshs
02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
That would really suck if they sold you a fake racquet, one that he does not acutally use in matches. Is there any way to prove it either way?

With Fed's frame, you would have to look for lead under the bumper guard. With Nadal's frame, the lead should be visible, though I don't remember what was said about how he has the lead applied and whether he gets it painted over.

If the racquet weighs like stock, it is either not the one he used, or is one with the lead removed and then shipped.

Fabfed
02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Yes, you are supposed to get a COA. But I don't really place too much stock on COAs, cos its not dfficult to produce one yourself, complete with holograms and all. What's more important is who's auctioning the racquets. If it's some regular seller on the bay, you would naturally be a little cautious even if he offers a COA, but if its an auction organised by an established body, and in conjuction with a grand slam, such as the recent one for Haiti, then it would certainly be legit (which explains why someone was willing to part with 25k for Rog's frame).

JoelDali
02-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Balance is very easy as mentioned earlier. SW is a little more tricky.

First you have to get the weight of the racquet by a scale. If you don't have one, that is the end of the story.

Then all you need to do is to suspend the racquet from a nail (like you would "hang" a racquet). Then oscillate it like a pendulum and get the time period of one complete to and fro oscillation by taking the total time for 10 oscillations and dividing by 10. Keep the oscillation in a single plane as much as possible, and the amplitude quite small from the center position.

Based on the length of the racquet (27" inches presumably), the static weight, and this time period, we can first find the moment of inertia about the top of the frame using the physical pendulum formula, and then use parallel-axis theorem to adjust it to 4 inches above the butt.

If I was a girl I'd do nasty things to your giblets. I love reading your idiotic genius posts. Entertaining and always juicy.

http://www.tonguechic.com/assets/0000/6367/loisy_std.jpg

vsbabolat
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
With Fed's frame, you would have to look for lead under the bumper guard. With Nadal's frame, the lead should be visible, though I don't remember what was said about how he has the lead applied and whether he gets it painted over.

If the racquet weighs like stock, it is either not the one he used, or is one with the lead removed and then shipped.

Lead Tape does not get painted over. Nadal has no visable lead tape on his racquets.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Nadal_2010_Aus_Open_2.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Nadal_2010_Aus_Open_1.jpg

Nadal's Specs are:
Weight:332g
Balance:33.50cm
Flex: 65RA
Swingweight: 355
Length: 26-7/8 inches
http://www.hdtennis.com/grs/pro_racquet_specs/200703nadal_babolat.html

Aggro
02-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Gratz Fabfed, would love to own a pros stick, still waiting for Safin's to pop up somewhere :D

Ignore Sureshs, we all appreciate what you are giving to the forum. :)

MichaelChang
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes, you are supposed to get a COA. But I don't really place too much stock on COAs, cos its not dfficult to produce one yourself, complete with holograms and all. What's more important is who's auctioning the racquets. If it's some regular seller on the bay, you would naturally be a little cautious even if he offers a COA, but if its an auction organised by an established body, and in conjuction with a grand slam, such as the recent one for Haiti, then it would certainly be legit (which explains why someone was willing to part with 25k for Rog's frame).

I see. I asked because one day should you decide to sell your pro racket then you would need a COA. Just imagine in case one day Federer passs away and his personal items get auctioned price shoot up to the roof... May never happen but ya never know.

aphex
02-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I see. I asked because one day should you decide to sell your pro racket then you would need a COA. Just imagine in case one day Federer passs away and his personal items get auctioned price shoot up to the roof... May never happen but ya never know.

he's goat, he's not jesus.

believe it or not, federer will pass away as well.:)

MichaelChang
02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
well I meant to say if some accident happens, so he suddenly gone, something like that, you know...

If Federer dies old, like 60 years from now, I seriously doubt if his rackets will worth much. Imagine, how much does Bill Tilden's racket sell today? Probably nobody even care.

lenderbender
02-04-2010, 02:15 PM
If I was a girl I'd do nasty things to your giblets. I love reading your idiotic genius posts. Entertaining and always juicy.

http://www.tonguechic.com/assets/0000/6367/loisy_std.jpg

Now now, I'm pretty sure that's how the TW swingweight tool works...

Fedace
02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
What's the difference of just buying the new racket he uses from TW ?

VGP
02-04-2010, 02:39 PM
^^^^seriously?^^^^

Fedace
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
^^^^seriously?^^^^

Right one that he used is dirty with Sweat and skin debri and all the yukki stuff.... Why would you want that. Surely you don't think if you got that stuff on you then you can play just like him ???:-?

VGP
02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, FabFed spent $7K+ on that frame so that Nadal's mojo would rub off on him when he uses the frame to beat his cohorts at the club.....scraping it all over the court....smashing it against the net posts.....

No, I think it might be part of a cloning project......

Since FabFed has a Federer racket and will now soon have a Nadal racket, he'll isolate the epithelial cells that have collected in the grooves of the overgrips of each racket. He'll then have to perform some karyotyping to isolate metaphase chromosomes, choose the appropriate ones to get a mix, yet full complement of the 23 chromosomes necessary, of Federer and Nadal's genetic material. He'll then have to reconstruct a nucleus.

Next he'll have to get an enucleated ovum from Martina Navratilova in which to place said nucleus, impregnate a willing surrogate and soon the all-time GOAT will be generated!

dextor
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Ok call me crazy, but I actually have another Fed K90 coming to me very soon (hopefully its legit), so I will have 2 Fed K90s and hopefully Nadal's actual APD (I will be crushed if I see the cortex on the racquet, but no worries, I will not just accept it :)). I will post pics of both Fed K90s and try to do a photo comparison, between the 2 as well as compare it with a retail K90 (US frame). My previous Fed K90 photos were compared with an AK90. I will also get hold of a retail APD GT (will be available in mid-Feb if I'm not mistaken) to compare with hopefully the authentic match-used Nadal APD (fingers-crossed).

But sorry, I will not be hitting with the pro frames or bringing it to a pro stringer to have it measured for balance & swing weight or whatever. I will, however, weigh the racquets and take as many photos as possible, close-ups and all. And I can try to establish the balance and SW for you guys if there is some way for me to do it myself without damaging the racquets.

Thanks man, you're far too kind.

aimr75
02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Right one that he used is dirty with Sweat and skin debri and all the yukki stuff.... Why would you want that. Surely you don't think if you got that stuff on you then you can play just like him ???:-?

:???:

sureshs
02-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, FabFed spent $7K+ on that frame so that Nadal's mojo would rub off on him when he uses the frame to beat his cohorts at the club.....scraping it all over the court....smashing it against the net posts.....

No, I think it might be part of a cloning project......

Since FabFed has a Federer racket and will now soon have a Nadal racket, he'll isolate the epithelial cells that have collected in the grooves of the overgrips of each racket. He'll then have to perform some karyotyping to isolate metaphase chromosomes, choose the appropriate ones to get a mix, yet full complement of the 23 chromosomes necessary, of Federer and Nadal's genetic material. He'll then have to reconstruct a nucleus.

Next he'll have to get an enucleated ovum from Martina Navratilova in which to place said nucleus, impregnate a willing surrogate and soon the all-time GOAT will be generated!

Let me take a wild guess and say that you work in biotech.

sureshs
02-04-2010, 03:38 PM

Yucky? Yukki sounds like a Japanese dish.

Haven't you seen people fall over each other to grab the sweatbands that the pros chuck into the crowd? That is far more yuckier than a racquet.

Andyroddickfan
02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
yo suershes, how do you get like 12000 posts?

hoodjem
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I did manage to score Nadal’s 2010 AO match-used racquet from the same auction (it went for less than a third of Roger’s racquet, but was the second most popular racquet, auction price wise, followed by the racquets of Djokovic, Clijsters and Dokic). If all goes well, I should get the racquet within 3 weeks or so (Tennis Australia said that processing time would take about 20 days), and I will post clear, close-up pics (as I always do) of Nadal’s new stick and we can all try to determine if it’s indeed the new Aeropro Drive GT or just a paintjob. Scrape off the paint and you'll find a Dunlop underneath.

Tina
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Are you a psychologist, Sureshs?

sureshs
02-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Are you a psychologist, Sureshs?

Aren't you the one who asked Cindy if she was a pro?

I though you really were a newbie tennis player, but now I think you are some old user here poking fun at people.

Tina
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Aren't you the one who asked Cindy if she was a pro?

I though you really were a newbie tennis player, but now I think you are some old user here poking fun at people.

You are really thinking too much. Have a nice day!

Rabbit
02-05-2010, 07:06 AM
You are really thinking too much. Have a nice day!

Please don't ever accuse suresh of thinking too much.

You're welcome, suresh.

sureshs
02-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Hmmm... the last two posts taken together, and the location description of "Tina," pretty much hints at who she/he is.

Rabbit
02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Hmmm... the last two posts taken together, and the location description of "Tina," pretty much hints at who she/he is.

Nice try but no cigar....

I post under one 'name'.

Fabfed
02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
This is kinda how I feel at the moment...

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/CandHBeanie.jpg

Wonder why I'm so excited about the Nadal stick, don't remember being this enthusiastic when I was waiting for the Fed stick...hope the beanie is not a let down :neutral:

sureshs
02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Didn't they give you a tracking number? At least for domestic courier shipments, you can see the progess in shipping every day. I have even done that for international shipments when I used the Global Guaranteed Service from USPS. I could trace the path thru various countries.

Fabfed
02-05-2010, 09:09 AM
They did. It was collected from sender in Melbourne yesterday at about 4pm, but there was no other update when I checked today. I should give it a little more time, I just figured it shouldn't take too long as I'm not too far away from Australia. Should be here by Mon/Tues, I hope.

MichaelChang
02-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Wonder why I'm so excited about the Nadal stick, don't remember being this enthusiastic when I was waiting for the Fed stick...

probably because you paid more than the Fed stick you got last time?

ronalditop
02-05-2010, 12:45 PM
probably because you paid more than the Fed stick you got last time?

Or maybe because with the Fed racquet he knew beforehand he was getting his real racquet, and now he really doesnt know whether hes getting the real nadal racquet or a stock one with his sign on it.

MichaelChang
02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Or maybe because with the Fed racquet he knew beforehand he was getting his real racquet, and now he really doesnt know whether hes getting the real nadal racquet or a stock one with his sign on it.

yeah I guess that makes sense too. But I am almost sure it will be a real Nadal racket.

ronalditop
02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah I guess that makes sense too. But I am almost sure it will be a real Nadal racket.

We hope so.

sureshs
02-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Here is the current progress of a package I am getting from Amazon UK. It is to read bottom up.

Need something to post here till the racquet arrives.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR, GB 02/06/2010 5:30 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR, GB 02/05/2010 10:39 P.M. EXPORT SCAN

02/05/2010 9:11 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

EDINBURGH, GB 02/05/2010 8:13 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/05/2010 7:22 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

GLASGOW, GB 02/05/2010 7:00 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/05/2010 5:29 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

GB 02/05/2010 6:31 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Andyroddickfan
02-06-2010, 06:33 PM
^^ WOW what a useful post!!

AJK1
02-06-2010, 06:43 PM
The racquets used at the Charity for Haiti were just stock racquets supplied by their sponsors.

samster
02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
The racquets used at the Charity for Haiti were just stock racquets supplied by their sponsors.

how did you manage to gather this information?

AJK1
02-06-2010, 08:43 PM
My racquet tech's are from Topse### Te##is and they string at the OZ Open. They are my source.

vsbabolat
02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
My racquet tech's are from Topse### Te##is and they string at the OZ Open. They are my source.

Wilson Stringing Team is the official Stringers at the 2009 and 2010 Australian Open.

http://www.baiardo.info/cms/index.php/eng/Tour/Australian-Open-2010
The 2010 Wilson Tour Stringing Team is (see picture below):
Peter Mineo, Tour and Sponsorship Manager, Wilson Australia

Jarrad Magee, Australia

Ron Rocchi, Global Tour Services Manager, Wilson Racquet Sports

Toru Yusuki, Japan

Leigh Jarram, Australia

Tadashi Hosoya, Japan

Dickie Lee, China

Joel Disbro, Lead Racquet Technician, Wilson Racquet Sports

Joe Heydt, USA

Linda Steinbock, Australia

Todd Mobley, USA

Scott Schneider, USA

Phil Conlan, Australia

Len Filatov, USA

Who is your "racquet Tech"?

Fabfed
02-07-2010, 02:06 AM

We will find out soon enough. I know for a fact that Fed does not donate a retail racquet (which he simply autographs) for such an auction, he always donates his actual match-used racquets. I'm not sure in Nadal's case, as there was only one other auction I know in which he "donated" his racquet, and that was the Oct/Nov 08 Hewitt auction, where the racquet appeared to be a retail stick with actual cortex. Nadal, however, donated his actual racquet to the Wimbledon museum, but that was not an auction. From the various charity racquet auctions I've come across, the racquets are the actual ones ones used by the pros. I think it would be disingenuous of the organisers to claim that the racquets were used in the recent AO if they were not, but as I've said we will know soon enough.

On a separate note, I will start another Fed racquet thread soon, I promise you guys will find it very interesting, as there is now a stronger basis for a comparison (it's not the Fed BLX90 unfortunately, although I hope the winner of the Fed stick in the Haiti auction will post here, slim hope but who knows :)

baseline_monster
02-07-2010, 04:00 AM
I look forward to seeing the pics and info on Rafa's actual racket. I would be very shocked and disapointed if they send a retail stick, to be honest I dont think they will.

jefferson
02-07-2010, 04:28 AM
These are the sticks used in the charity match, where they were wearing headsets? I thought that it was kinda spur of the moment. Which hopefully means that they just grabbed their gear and hit the court. Which hopefully means Rafa's actual stick. I can't wait for the pics! Maybe this week!

baseline_monster
02-07-2010, 04:44 AM
These are the sticks used in the charity match, where they were wearing headsets? I thought that it was kinda spur of the moment. Which hopefully means that they just grabbed their gear and hit the court. Which hopefully means Rafa's actual stick. I can't wait for the pics! Maybe this week!

I agree. As it was organised so quick the players would have just grabbed a few rackets each and had a hit. The companys wouldnt have made them use stock sticks for charity

vsbabolat
02-07-2010, 08:06 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/CharityEvent_2010_Aus_Open.jpg

sureshs
02-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I hope the overgrip was wiped with some antibacterial wipes because who knows where Nadal's fingers were before. Or actually we do know, that is the problem.

Yonie
02-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I hope the overgrip was wiped with some antibacterial wipes because who knows where Nadal's fingers were before. Or actually we do know, that is the problem.

Why dont you just stay out of this thread? You're obviously just trolling around.

rjg007
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Can't wait to find out the specs of rafa's stick. I'm sure you will get his actual racket, I don't think that Babolat will begrudge you just one of his rackets.

SuperDuy
02-07-2010, 02:07 PM

Im guessing roddick's isnt a stock. He always wraps his over grip over the painted cortex like I see here eh.

ipitythefool
02-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Was this photo taken while at the actual bidding/auction process?
And that they donated those racquets in the pic?

If so, it is apparent that players are holding their own racquets. Tension/date stickers inside the throats is a give away. Can't see Nadal's...but more than likely that is his own specced & pj'ed racquet as well.

Look forward to seeing all the details and specs of Nadal's racq, THANKS to OP!!!

Fabfed
02-08-2010, 06:17 AM
I've always delivered what I promised, and so it is the case again this time.

Gentlemen, I present to you Rafa's actual 2010 AO racquet!!!!! No Cortex!!!! I've kept the photo large. I only just got the racquet like 15 mins ago. Let me get my dinner and stuff and I will post more pics shortly. In the meantime, enjoy this photo. :)

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030502.jpg

JoelDali
02-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Indeed Fabfed is a God amongst mortals.

I will sing a blessing for you at sundown.

JoelDali
02-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Let me get my dinner and stuff....

I'm going to totally pull a Surseh on you.

Heres what he would ask in quotes:

"What did you have for dinner at 9:17am?"

I had a hotdog, ugh.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/images/2006/07/kobayashi-stomach-abs.jpg

Arvid
02-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I've always delivered what I promised, and so it is the case again this time.

Gentlemen, I present to you Rafa's actual 2010 AO racquet!!!!! No Cortex!!!! I've kept the photo large. I only just got the racquet like 15 mins ago. Let me get my dinner and stuff and I will post more pics shortly. In the meantime, enjoy this photo. :)

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030502.jpg

Priceless!!! If it wasnt for guys like you we would never find out the real deal with pros rackets!! One thing thats been heavily debated and wondered about is if Nadal has changed his string, if its possible to see let us know what type of string it is? Hey thanks for taking the time and effort to post pictures and fill us in!!:)

MichaelChang
02-08-2010, 06:41 AM
congratulations!

E36BMWM3
02-08-2010, 06:42 AM
This is a fabulous achievement!! The first of its kind in the hands of a forum member...

FabFed a million thanks and we're all looking forward to seeing more!!!

drakulie
02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
arvid, good question. From the looks of this first photo,,,,,, it almosts looks like a fresh string job.

MichaelChang
02-08-2010, 06:47 AM
The overgrip looks a little dirty so the racket sure has been used recently, but yeah the string job could be a fresh one.

ericsson
02-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Great racket Fabfed, good to see it's the real deal, imagine they'd give you a stock APDC with Rafa's signature! :)

MichaelChang
02-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Do you guys think the overgrip is wrapped for a righty, rather than a lefty???

VGP
02-08-2010, 06:58 AM
I recall someone here that's seen Nadal's frames in the past saying that his overgrips are wrapped righty......since Nadal is right-handed.

Good score (again) FabFed. Thanks for helping out with the Haiti relief efforts!

arche3
02-08-2010, 07:02 AM
please post close ups of the strings. is it the new rpm blast you guys think? looks grey like luxilon.

ronalditop
02-08-2010, 07:03 AM
AWESOME. A thousand thanks Fabfed, you're the best!

MichaelChang
02-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I recall someone here that's seen Nadal's frames in the past saying that his overgrips are wrapped righty......since Nadal is right-handed.

Interesting. No wonder Federer couldn't figure him out. :)

Fabfed
02-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Hey, I will definitely post close-up pics, give me an hour or so. It looks like a freshly strung racquet to me, grip brand new, I have not removed the racquet from the polybag yet.

big bang
02-08-2010, 07:33 AM
throw away your dinner and go hit with it:)

Automatix
02-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Congratulation! It's great you got the real thing not some signed retail!

skyzoo
02-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Wow- you have zero class and are a complete tool!
was this serious?

Green374
02-08-2010, 08:19 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2isfqjm.jpg

Raid
02-08-2010, 08:26 AM
congrats mate, pure awesomeness!

LameTennisPlayer
02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
lol...............

rjg007
02-08-2010, 09:11 AM
It looks from the packaging that it says the weight of the racket is 311g, that to me seems quite light for a pro stick.

Pink_Shirt
02-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Damn, work computers won't let me see the pictures. But as soon as I get home, I'm sure I will be pleased. Thanks a lot for taking the time to post. :)

BoomGP
02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Congrats man, what a great racket.

sureshs
02-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Nadal's frame is under 11 oz strung with OG? Even unstrung, doesn't make sense, unless of course it is without any customization.

Fabfed
02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Here are some close-ups as promised. Will post more over the weekend...pretty late where I am now..

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030521.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030524.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030532.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030540.jpg

Arvid
02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Nadal's frame is under 11 oz strung with OG? Even unstrung, doesn't make sense, unless of course it is without any customization.

Those things written on the plastic may not that accurate.....

sureshs
02-08-2010, 10:01 AM

Yes, it would be good to confirm again.

sureshs
02-08-2010, 10:03 AM
The 5 to 6 points HL balance makes sense though.

ericsson
02-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Note that the strings are printed as "pro hurricane"
Fabfed, can you confirm that?

ronalditop
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I think they just wrote the specs of a stock unstrung APDC .

dincuss
02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I think you should have gotten djoko's racket, so we could finally get its real specs,
but either way thanks for pics.

drakulie
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Note that the strings are printed as "pro hurricane"
Fabfed, can you confirm that?

^^yup. good eye. :)

MichaelChang
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
this racket is major ownage on this forum. :)

Mod need to sticky this thread.

LameTennisPlayer
02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
congrats man.... i hope its what your after

SuperDuy
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM
congrats, looking forward to more pics.

suresehs .....no comment

VamosSR
02-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I am sooo jealous! That is an amazing piece of tennis equipment you have there! I hope it's worth every penny for you! Maybe someday I can bid on something as valuable..

nadalfan!
02-08-2010, 11:53 AM
OMG, I'm very surprised to say the least. Can you take us some more pics of it on a scale or balance? Thanks for all the pics already nonetheless. Hopefully we will finally be able to reveal all of the secrets of nadal's stick (currently).

DennisK
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to post pics once again Fabfed. :)

vsbabolat
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Congrats Fabfed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Rabbit
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Great job, Fabfed!

Were I you, I might expect some folks (most notably quoted below) to be eating a healthy portion of crow right now.

Well it does make sense (just maybe not to you).

311g = 10.97 ounces

It would appear another myth has fallen by the wayside. So Nadal plays with a very light frame with a very small grip and strung with poly to boot. The fact that his arm is still attached to his shoulder then is a testimony to just how good the timing pros have is.

I doubt that the racquet technician responsible for Nadal's frames would deliver them with bogus information.

Deodorant
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
i love you man, lets each send him 1~2 dollars hahaha 8g's is alot of money.

sureshs
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Nadal's racquet has been measured in pro tournaments by stringers, and is much heavier. Highly unlikely a pro plays with a racquet less than 11 oz strung.

MichaelChang
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Great job, Fabfed!

Were I you, I might expect some folks (most notably quoted below) to be eating a healthy portion of crow right now.

Well it does make sense (just maybe not to you).

311g = 10.97 ounces

It would appear another myth has fallen by the wayside. So Nadal plays with a very light frame with a very small grip and strung with poly to boot. The fact that his arm is still attached to his shoulder then is a testimony to just how good the timing pros have is.

I doubt that the racquet technician responsible for Nadal's frames would deliver them with bogus information.

I think soon Fabfed will be able to weigh it. And let's wait till then.

sureshs
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Here are Greg Raven's measurements from IW 2009:

Nadal Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex 335 33.3 350 4ľ" grip

sureshs
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Of course now that he no longer takes that stuff, he might have gone lighter.

Green374
02-08-2010, 01:21 PM
I made this for the OP! :)
http://i50.tinypic.com/ziuiax.jpg

sureshs
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
If the specs as written on the cover are correct, and that is a big IF which will be clarified soon, they are consistent with a stock APDC with bad quality control. Though TW lists the strung weight as 11.3, another site lists it as 11.2, and of course that is consistent with differences in string weight. Factor in the smaller grip size which will make it lighter, and throw in some poor quality control, 11 oz is in the ballpark of a stock APDC.

A different but intriguing possibility is that it is a special model made for Nadal which he uses as a customization platform, finally reaching Greg Raven's measured specs from last year.

We can speculate more when we get some more measurements.

SeeingDusk
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Congratz on getting the real racquet m8. :)

Rabbit
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I think soon Fabfed will be able to weigh it. And let's wait till then.

Sure. It could also be that those are unstrung specs. Strings would add another 15 grams which would take it to 11.5 ounces..

bertrevert
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow this is great!

It looks in pristine condition. Surely the OG shows a little sweat or marking, no? Regarding the weight - lile the other specs surely that would be measured by the stringer. The label then serves the purpose of telling him (Rafa) what he is about to pull out of his bag and unwrap, yes?

sureshs
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Measured specs are 11.8 oz and a SW of 350. Sometime before, there was a report of a 12 oz measurement. Unlikely that a sub-11oz frame with strings added will meet the specs measured in reality.

One thing to keep in mind is that Toni said he had trained Rafa to not demand perfection in his surroundings. He made him play on bad courts and any racquet. A while back, someone reported from a tournament that Nadal's frames were wildly different in specs. Such an ability to adjust to situations is the reason he has a 13-7 H2H against the "GOAT." It is possible he doesn't have an OCD about racquet specs, unlike his preoccupation with arranging bottles.

samster
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Here are some close-ups as promised. Will post more over the weekend...pretty late where I am now..

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030521.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030524.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030532.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030540.jpg

Awesome Stuff!!!

jorel
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
This might be before customizAtion.... Do u see any lead?
Is the grip size 4 1/4?
Great stuff!!!

Green374
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I wonder who has Fed's frame?

seacard
02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
If, after weighing, Nadal's racquet indeed comes in at under 11 ounces, I think it will change some people's minds about "player's racquets" and the importance of playing with the heaviest stick possible. If he can use something that light to return heavy shots by players like Del Potro and Federer, I don't see why people on this board need 13 ounce racquets in order to not get pushed around by some guy at their club.

star 5 15
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
This might be before customizAtion.... Do u see any lead?
Is the grip size 4 1/4?
Great stuff!!!

you dont see lead because its under the bumper guard. its never visible. look at pictures of him playing and zoom in onhis racquet. this is definately a racquet he played with during the AO. the grip is wrapped the way he wraps his grips. It's an obvious paintjob and the stencil ink is even slightly worn... the single only thing that its missing is the dampener and that probably because he uses the same one and just changes it from racquet to racquet every time theres fresh balls.

star 5 15
02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
If, after weighing, Nadal's racquet indeed comes in at under 11 ounces, I think it will change some people's minds about "player's racquets" and the importance of playing with the heaviest stick possible. If he can use something that light to return heavy shots by players like Del Potro and Federer, I don't see why people on this board need 13 ounce racquets in order to not get pushed around by some guy at their club.

It may have a moderately low static weight but very high SW. You really in fact dont see too many pros with static weight 13oz ball park. most of their frames strung specs are around 350g or 350SW plus or minus 10 grams or 10 SW units. you dont see many with th 370g logs.

tennisntn3477
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
What Nadal can do with a frame that Agassi said he 'couldn't get any juice out of' or something to that effect is amazing and says a lot about the racquet speed he achieves while still getting a clean hit on the ball. That racquet speed is, IMHO, the key. Definitely agree with you, seacard, that we don't need 13 ounce racquets to play some guy at the club. But, that being said, I don't have the same combo of racquet speed and accuracy that Nadal does...heavier racquet helps my slower swing speed and resulting collision with the ball. But it can be a heckuva lot lighter than 13 ozs.

sureshs
02-09-2010, 05:30 AM
This might be before customizAtion....

Yes of course (IF the strung weight is less than 11 oz). Nadal does not play with a sub-11 oz frame, as far as we know based on stringers who have measured his frames in pro tournaments. Common sense also dictates that it is highly unlikely.

jorel
02-09-2010, 07:38 AM
will u be taking off the grip and bumper gaurd to examine it more carefully for lead or any other customizations?

Fabfed
02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Couple more photos I took yesterday. I will weigh the racquet for you guys this weekend, maybe it's a non-customised Rafa racquet as a few of you mentioned.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030538.jpg

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh329/FabFed/P1030529.jpg

Fabfed
02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
will u be taking off the grip and bumper gaurd to examine it more carefully for lead or any other customizations?

Sorry, I won't.

sureshs
02-09-2010, 07:49 AM
It is definitely a Nadal frame, with a label of the number on it (No. 4). They didn't send you a stock APDC from a pro shop and cheat you. It is a frame which Nadal personally had with him, whether or not he actually used it in the sense of playing with it. When they said he used it, it could simply mean it was in his pile (not piles LOL couldn't resist it). It is also possible that he did use the frame, but without customization, because it was just a charity bash. That would explain a lot of stuff.

VGP
02-09-2010, 07:49 AM

I think it's insanity to suggest something of the sort.

Sorry, I won't.

Glad to hear you agree.

MichaelChang
02-09-2010, 07:59 AM

Glad to hear you agree.

Totally agree. lol. removing the grip will be like cutting $500 off, and taking off the bumper is almost chopping $1000. considering this is a $7000 racket for the sake of goodness there is no reason to change a single bit of it.

chillyice9
02-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Very Very VERY COOL, Fabfed!!! That racquet looks awesome! Definitely don't take the grip or bumper guard off. Just weigh it as is and then frame that bad boy. Can't wait to find out how heavy it is.

sureshs
02-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Very Very VERY COOL, Fabfed!!! That racquet looks awesome! Definitely don't take the grip or bumper guard off. Just weigh it as is and then frame that bad boy. Can't wait to find out how heavy it is.

LOL nice unintended pun

chillyice9
02-09-2010, 08:30 AM
LOL nice unintended pun

Haha. I was also thinking about writing ... Can't 'weight' to find out how heavy it is.

Applecider
02-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Awesome, congratulations in getting Rafa's stick.
and thanks for sharing,FabFed.

jorel
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM

genius begins at insanity

or does it end there??????

i keep forgeting

TW CSR
02-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Last year at BNP I was invited by Nate Ferguson to the P1 stringers booth along with a couple other guys from the TW tent. It was the last day of the event so most of the pros were already gone. One of the pros who still had racquets in the booth was Nadal and I can say from looking at the specs that they were not consistent with each other and varied quite a bit from frame to frame. I was also told that he required very little customization by the stringers there.
Nice looking racquet you have there, congrats!

Rabbit
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Such an ability to adjust to situations is the reason he has a 13-7 H2H against the "GOAT." It is possible he doesn't have an OCD about racquet specs, unlike his preoccupation with arranging bottles.

I'm not sure what Fed's legacy has to do with the Fabfed charity stick acquisition thread.

No need to defend Rog here.

sureshs' implied slight above...

You just don't know enough about tennis, so what I say appears difficult to understand. But I would suggest that there is hope for even a 51 year old fart like you who is still at a 3.0 level after 40 years of playing. Expand your knowledge and learn from posters on this board. You will become a better person and not always come across as a disgruntled old fart.

Sorry, wrong again.

I've been 4.5 for the last few years and 5.0 before that. Facts just constantly seem to not matter to you.

psycho0
02-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I really hope someone bans sureshs from these forums. He's providing nothing but negativity in his posts. Totally useless.

JoelDali
02-09-2010, 11:26 AM
sureshs' implied slight above...

Sorry, wrong again.

I've been 4.5 for the last few years and 5.0 before that. Facts just constantly seem to not matter to you.

Suresh is a solid 5.5 and has wonderful melons.

http://www.suresh.com/SureshChanmugam.jpg

dgoran
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Racket came marked 311 grams (that is unstrung) so that means that it has 10.5-11gr of lead most likely at 12 o clock. I use to set my apd that way and after u add overgrip 5-7 grams racket comes in to 335gr . Of course each racket has some deviance so each has to be matched seperatelly.

RacquetCraft
02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Last year at BNP I was invited by Nate Ferguson to the P1 stringers booth along with a couple other guys from the TW tent. It was the last day of the event so most of the pros were already gone. One of the pros who still had racquets in the booth was Nadal and I can say from looking at the specs that they were not consistent with each other and varied quite a bit from frame to frame. I was also told that he required very little customization by the stringers there.

Nadal's frames are assembled directly at Babolat in Lyons . I am assuming that Lucien Nogues or someone on his team at Babolat does up Nadal's frames.

cheers,

Racquetcraft

RacquetCraft
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
FabFed congratulations on your racquet. That certainly is the real deal. But much more important, thank you for stepping up to the plate and helping with a very worthy and deserving cause.
Enjoy and cherish your Nadal frame. You're bid made a difference to many needy Haitians in their time of great need. Bravo.

cheers,

Racquetcraft

ericsson
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Nadal's frames are assembled directly at Babolat in Lyons . I am assuming that Lucien Nogues or someone on his team at Babolat does up Nadal's frames.

cheers,

Racquetcraft

Racquetcraft, normally JJ. Poupon does his customizing and there should be lead under the bumper at about 12 o'clock, if not then it's not customised yet...

RacquetCraft
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Racquetcraft, normally JJ. Poupon does his customizing and there should be lead under the bumper at about 12 o'clock, if not then it's not customised yet...

I had thought Nadal's frames were in factory built and customized. I wasn't aware that JJ Poupon customized Nadal's frames. JJ Poupon usually puts his own sticker with his own name inside frames he builds (you'll see this on the Simon racquet that is posted somewhere on the board). Since the Nadal frames Fabfed posted have labels that say Babolat, I assumed they were inhouse customized as well. Merci pour le renseignment mon ami Ericsson.

regards,

Racquetcraft

ericsson
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I had thought Nadal's frames were in factory built and customized. I wasn't aware that JJ Poupon customized Nadal's frames. JJ Poupon usually puts his own sticker with his own name inside frames he builds (you'll see this on the Simon racquet that is posted somewhere on the board). Since the Nadal frames Fabfed posted have labels that say Babolat, I assumed they were inhouse customized as well. Merci pour le renseignment mon ami Ericsson.

regards,

Racquetcraft

JJ Poupon works for Babolat too...

RacquetCraft
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
JJ Poupon works for Babolat too...

cheers,

Racquetcraft

decades
02-09-2010, 12:35 PM
looks like he really did switch to new PHT black. Unless of course conspiricy theorists believe the writing on the string is a PJ. :)

RJYU
02-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Not sure who you are, but we at P1 don't have a "booth" at BNP. We work out of a rented condominium at Indian Wells. Also, Nate was already gone from the tournament 4 days before the end of the event. Glynn and I were there to the end taking care of clients. We've never had Nadal as a client, so the only time we would ever have had his frames is at the Cincinnati event, where we are the official racquet service for the tournament.

VGP
02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
We've never had Nadal as a client, so the only time we would ever have had his frames is at the Cincinnati event, where we are the official racquet service for the tournament.

Never knew you guys were the official racquet service for the Cincinnati event....

....been going there for years.

jorel
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Not sure who you are, but we at P1 don't have a "booth" at BNP. We work out of a rented condominium at Indian Wells. Also, Nate was already gone from the tournament 4 days before the end of the event. Glynn and I were there to the end taking care of clients. We've never had Nadal as a client, so the only time we would ever have had his frames is at the Cincinnati event, where we are the official racquet service for the tournament.
hmm.... interesting.

sureshs
02-09-2010, 01:35 PM
I've been 4.5 for the last few years and 5.0 before that.

Then sad that you still feel the need to troll and insult people without contributing anything.

A "4.5" player would be making meaningful contributions to a tennis forum, not having his troll threads about doping deleted by the mods, and then latching on to others for survival.

And I have seen enough old fart "4.5" tennis to know that the real level is below 3.5. I used to play with these old farts before I crossed their level a long time ago and moved down in age. Now the old farts ask their junior tournament playing sons and daughters to hit with me (and of course they continue their "4.5" tennis in their little groups). I suppose it is all relative LOL.

sureshs
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM

Yup -remind the resident troll over here that this is what I pointed out about Nadal not caring too much about specs and was accused of just making it up.

seacard
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Yup -remind the resident troll over here that this is what I pointed out about Nadal not caring too much about specs and was accused of just making it up.

I'm not sure I'd be quoting that guy -- he's already been outed (see above) as a liar who made up his story.

VGP
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
^^suresh^^ can you not read?

RJYU was just saying how they do things at P1. It calls into question the validity of TW CSR's post.

Judging from what I've read of your background, suresh, you're close to falling into the "4.5 old fart" category......without calling yourself a 4.5 - which I gather you consider yourself a "4.0" - the catch-all NTRP rating.

Even the OP (FabFed) requested you didn't get involved with this thread after what you posted and what you demanded of him from his thread about another frame in his possession.

I don't normally directly address other forum members in this manner, but.......You speak like someone with authority. You're just another fan of the game (like me and many of us) the difference is you stand on peripheral "evidence" and taking unfounded anecdotal accounts as fact, quick to jump in when you feel like you know something. At least I try to give sources when I can and qualify my statements when I am unsure.

When people of repute chime in, I'll gladly take their opinions and accounts of their experiences over yours.

VeryVolkl
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Calling suresh a "4.5 old fart" is far too kind and not very accurate. He smacks me of something quite different...

http://i47.tinypic.com/akzvrr.jpg

larlarbd
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM

LOL ... I like his tenacity , he has plans for sueing on every possible dilemma ... But , I do agree that if they don't sent you the PJ(the one that Nadal "Actually" played with ) & instead sends a cortex one , you should sue man - that's clear cut fraud , you sue - you get 100Grand , then Babolat gives you another 100Grand to keep you quiet - & then you have no problem bidding 25k fed racquets for next 2yrs every grand slam & you teach them a lesson ... a good one.

Rabbit
02-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Then sad that you still feel the need to troll and insult people without contributing anything.

A "4.5" player would be making meaningful contributions to a tennis forum, not having his troll threads about doping deleted by the mods, and then latching on to others for survival.

And I have seen enough old fart "4.5" tennis to know that the real level is below 3.5. I used to play with these old farts before I crossed their level a long time ago and moved down in age. Now the old farts ask their junior tournament playing sons and daughters to hit with me (and of course they continue their "4.5" tennis in their little groups). I suppose it is all relative LOL.

Oh that's right! You made another totally mis-informed (insert shock and awe) post about 4.5s. When asked about your own level, I believe you said you didn't have one, or that you were at best a 3.5.

Please keep the entertainment coming from that mecca of league tennis or any tennis in the Dakotas.

skyzoo
02-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I really hope someone bans sureshs from these forums. He's providing nothing but negativity in his posts. Totally useless.
Agreed, I don't care what his post count says, he needs to go.

West Coast Ace
02-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh that's right! You made another totally mis-informed (insert shock and awe) post about 4.5s. When asked about your own level, I believe you said you didn't have one, or that you were at best a 3.5.I'm pretty sure you're right - recall him being a 3.5 and 4 at various points in his 'career' here.

Calling suresh a "4.5 old fart" is far too kind and not very accurate. He smacks me of something quite different...That's an awesome 10th post! Welcome and congrats!

Back to the thread: OP! Thanks for the pics. I'm reading 'Strokes of Genius' now and the author contends Rafa has changed rackets a few times.

drakulie
02-09-2010, 07:10 PM

damn! Ron taking no prisoners. I love it!!!!

Proceed.

http://images.whatport80.com/images/6/6d/CostanzaPopcorn.gif (http://images.whatport80.com/images/6/6d/CostanzaPopcorn.gif)

steve728
02-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Congrats, Fabfed! Just adding another thanks for posting the pics and any specs you may share! Truly awesome.

RJYU
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
damn! Ron taking no prisoners. I love it!!!!

Proceed.

http://images.whatport80.com/images/6/6d/CostanzaPopcorn.gif (http://images.whatport80.com/images/6/6d/CostanzaPopcorn.gif)

I'm not blasting the guy. Like I said, I just don't know who he is. He may have made an honest mistake, and gone to the on-site stringers, who are in a trailer. They would have had Rafa's frames. I'm just stating the facts about where Priority One is during the event.

Rabbit
02-10-2010, 04:19 AM

I think I've found the problem. How does one cross a level while moving down in age? I think the entire world would be interested to know how you move down in age. Surely this must be some metaphyiscal trick that you learnt in your many travels. And did it ever cross your mind that they no longer ask you to play because you're a major PITA? :) But this is in total opposition to your original post where you said you spied these alleged 4.5s playing. You made it out as if this was your first encounter with them. I think I smell a.....suresh here....

You just post this crap out of thin air don't you? Please keep it coming and never fear that your title of King of the Trolls is safe.

namartens
02-10-2010, 05:19 AM
I find it a bit sad that this thread has been hijacked by these ridiculous flamewars. Can't everyone just not respond to suresh :) Fabfed deserves better.

Let's concentrate on why he started this thread and discuss more nadalframe stuff :)

ericsson
02-10-2010, 05:26 AM
I find it a bit sad that this thread has been hijacked by these ridiculous flamewars. Can't everyone just not respond to suresh :) Fabfed deserves better.

Let's concentrate on why he started this thread and discuss more nadalframe stuff :)

Well said! Fabfed deserves a statue here (just like Equijet btw)

sureshs
02-10-2010, 05:28 AM
^^suresh^^ can you not read?

RJYU was just saying how they do things at P1. It calls into question the validity of TW CSR's post.

Judging from what I've read of your background, suresh, you're close to falling into the "4.5 old fart" category......without calling yourself a 4.5 - which I gather you consider yourself a "4.0" - the catch-all NTRP rating.

Even the OP (FabFed) requested you didn't get involved with this thread after what you posted and what you demanded of him from his thread about another frame in his possession.

I don't normally directly address other forum members in this manner, but.......You speak like someone with authority. You're just another fan of the game (like me and many of us) the difference is you stand on peripheral "evidence" and taking unfounded anecdotal accounts as fact, quick to jump in when you feel like you know something. At least I try to give sources when I can and qualify my statements when I am unsure.

When people of repute chime in, I'll gladly take their opinions and accounts of their experiences over yours.

I think you are not following my posts. Whether the poster here is lying or not, the issue about Nadal not bothering much about racquet specs but playing with what at hand was mentioned by Toni Nadal in an interview. I am not relying on a single anectodal evidence nor do I care about individual posters who come and go. But you need to read my posts first.

And remember I was the one who posted Greg Raven's measured specs of Nadal's IW 09 frame while old farts here were claiming he plays with a sub-11 oz frame LOL. It surely hurts them that they have nothing to contribute and their own threads get deleted, but that is their problem. I wish they did not bring their life's failures with them and follow me around everywhere like a parasite.

Fabfed
02-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Well said! Fabfed deserves a statue here (just like Equijet btw)

I'm embarrassed :oops: Thanks, I really appreciate all the positive responses so far. I've got a few more photos and the weigh-in before I'm done with this thread.

Also, I'm gonna start another thread this weekend that I'm sure everyone will be interested in...will post a teaser photo soon :)

dgoran
02-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Wouldn't be cool if the op could moderate his or her own thread and could ban users just from accessing his thread...sucks that this will be now split in two threads

NikeUp
02-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Dgoran, has a point. There is so much junk amoungst all the good info, it would be great if the OP could act as a filter.

Although, can the OP not delete their own thread? If this is the case, when you're ready FabFed, start a new thread and load all the pics and photos and everything together in one place so we dont have to sift through 13+ pages of silly people bickering amongst themselves to find the info we're after!

p.s. Thanks for the photos!