PDA

View Full Version : How much can a new St' Vincent Pro Staff go for?

tennisnoob
04-28-2005, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know? Appreciate any replies!

AndrewD
04-28-2005, 02:24 AM
Do a Google search and you might come up with some old **** links. Track back to the seller and look at past items sold. That might give you some idea. Or have a look at the 'Wood Tennis' site, they sometimes have them for sale there.

Otherwise, the best answer I can give is 'far too much'. A standard China version goes for $130 but the St.Vincent seems to have such mythic properties that people are willing to spend double, or more, on it. So, Id guess, anywhere between $200 and $300, although for the life of me I can't work out why you'd pay that unless it came with a couple of free tennis lessons.

drakulie
04-28-2005, 05:11 AM
They have been going for approximately $130.00 on **** lately. I just sold one on **** and it went for $66.00. If you are patient you could find one for under $100.00.

Good luck!

POGO
04-28-2005, 05:30 AM
YOu can do an advanced search in ****. Choose "completed listings only" in the advanced search. This will show you all the completed aution with the going final price for that item. It comes in handy when you are not sure how much you should sell your item.

The St. Vincent has drop it's selling value considerably. The going rate on a used one is at the most less than $150.00. A new one would only be just $200.00 if you are lucky.

The St. Vincent had more selling value when Sampras was playing on tour, pre Federer era.

AndrewD
04-28-2005, 06:01 AM
drakulie,

I've been looking for a PS 6.0 85, no regard for what model it is, and I haven't been able to track one down for under $100. Were you only offering them to buyers within the States?

POGO
04-28-2005, 06:10 AM
drakulie,

I've been looking for a PS 6.0 85, no regard for what model it is, and I haven't been able to track one down for under $100. Were you only offering them to buyers within the States?

This one just ended yesterday. No one had bidded on it and the closing price was $24.00. You may try to contact the seller and ask him if you can still purchase it.
http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66831&item=7151996194&rd=1

federer_nadal
04-28-2005, 06:18 AM
thats not a st vincent. The butcap is supposed to have a Q in it and the scrathes on the side dont have red

POGO
04-28-2005, 06:23 AM
thats not a st vincent. The butcap is supposed to have a Q in it and the scrathes on the side dont have red
I dont think andrewd was looking for a st. vicent, but rather a ps 85 in general. Besides, determing a st.vincent purely based on the buttcap code is not an accurate way. Buttcaps can be doctored to look like the ones on st. vincents. The red primer is a better way to determine a st. vincent.

AndrewD
04-28-2005, 07:11 AM
POGO,

thanks very much. I was looking for any model PS 6.0 85 - China, Taiwan, whatever - so that one would have been ideal. Unfortunately, the seller only takes cheques or money orders and I just won't deal with anyone, **** or here, that doesn't have a PayPal option. Just not safe enough, even if they've got good feeback like that guy seemed to.

Still, thanks very much. I'll just have to keep looking around or buy straight through TW (they dont sell them here in Oz).

newnuse
04-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I saw a good condition St. Vincent go for $260 last month on ****. 2 guys just wanted it real bad.

I remember a couple of years ago, you could find rackets for much cheaper on ****.

tandayu
04-28-2005, 06:06 PM
The selling price on the St. Vincent has been low lately because of the sub par condition of the frames, past multiple owners, and the sellers do not listed it as a St VIncent (many people missed it). Some sellers can't even give straight answers for simple questions.

I have 2 frames to be returned, because the seller did no disclose the cracked conditions of the frames, and the string hole expansion. They have handled it as agreed in the end.

Becareful if you bid for a St Vincent. The string holes prones to craked or expansion/erosion. It is hard to see unless the grommet is taken off. Maybe it only happened to mine, but hopefully do not happens to your frame.

drakulie
04-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Andrew, I had a bunch of interested buyers from overseas who contacted me, and I told them to go ahead and bid. You'll find one. Just be patient. Good Luck.

Pro_Tour_630
04-28-2005, 08:05 PM
last USED ORIGINAL austrian prestige classic went for $250 on ****
http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7151301347&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

just imagine how much a NEW one should be worth, I say more than $500 ;-)

and no the sticker "made in austria" is not the real deal

Radical Shot
04-28-2005, 09:08 PM
POGO,
Still, thanks very much. I'll just have to keep looking around or buy straight through TW (they dont sell them here in Oz).

Andrew,

Try www.tennismart.com.au Jamie can get you a PS 6.0 85.

charles_boey
04-28-2005, 09:41 PM
hey tennisnoob, a friend of mine has like 8 st vincent pro staffs... if you're nice enough i'll get him to sell u 1 or 2 haha

tennisnoob
04-28-2005, 10:32 PM
hey tennisnoob, a friend of mine has like 8 st vincent pro staffs... if you're nice enough i'll get him to sell u 1 or 2 haha

8 st vincent huh? Hmmm....sounds pretty familiar. ^_^

tennisnoob
04-28-2005, 10:39 PM
last USED ORIGINAL austrian prestige classic went for $250 on ****
http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7151301347&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

just imagine how much a NEW one should be worth, I say more than $500 ;-)

and no the sticker "made in austria" is not the real deal

Seems like the Prestige classic has taken over the st vincent in terms of value. I've actually just bought a st vincent off **** and got it 2 days ago, the racquet was totally in mint condition even with tags of chris evert and fairway and i paid US$ 165 including freight, so i guess its a good deal, judging from what everyone's saying!

MRG
04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Excited to hear that Prestige is doing well in ****. I still have a few in mint condition, with plastic still on handle but they are "designed in Austria" though.

If my switch to ncode tour 6.1 is a successful one...... hehehehehee

Steve Huff
04-28-2005, 10:55 PM
I had a brand new St. Vincent, but about 3 months ago, I cut of an inch in the handle so my son could use it. He was excited to be getting a new racket too. Got it up at the Open from some guy named Nathan or Nate. He had just had a big arguement with someone, looked down. I had just bought a soda, so I handed it to him and said, "hey, you look like you could use this more than me". He just looked at me. Later that day, I was watching Sampras warm up, and this Nathan guy sees me and hands me this racket. He even got Sampras to autograph it--on the grip. That bled all over the place the first time I used it. Anyway, now my son has this 26" St. Vincent PS with a new grip.

Coda
04-28-2005, 11:05 PM
steve, you have some twisted humor there! haha

AndrewD
04-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Radical Shot,

thanks very much but how expensive is a PS 6.0 85 going to be from an Aussie shop. From TW, with shipping, it comes out at about $215AUS so Id doubt that any store here in Australia can match that. I see they've got the nCode Tour90 for $239 ($254 after shipping) which isn't bad but think a PS 6.0 85 would likely be that much if not more.

Steve Huff
04-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Coda, thanks. I'm glad you got it.

TNT
04-29-2005, 04:04 PM
if someone needs an St. Vincent I have one with red primer and KXQ letter on the but cap. 4 1/2 grip size original Fairway leather grip and cover. if interested drop me a line at claudiu260@hotmail.com

TNT
04-29-2005, 04:05 PM
oh yeah no grommets on this one so if you can find some great.