PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Hollow Core Pro

Chezbeeno
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Has anybody used this string and if so what's your opinion about it, I've used it a couple times and, while it was a bit better the second time, I didn't like it either time, it felt really dead and like you couldn't get any spin with it, but what's everybody's opinion about it?

jpzsports
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm wondering a lot about this string too. It came with all the BLX demos and I liked it so far. There's some discussion about it here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=308087

I was planning to get it strung with the purchase of my new racket, but it isn't available yet (besides a reel).

I liked it a lot, but I think it might be the racket more so than the strings.

I'm wondering how it compares to other top multis such as X-1 Biphase by Technifibre.

I will probably go ahead and order my new racket with the X-1 and that way I can compare it to my demo and see which string I prefer.

T1000
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
My dad uses it in the kps 88. He liked the original Hollow Core and thought this one had more spin and power. It's his string of choice right now. I tried it and hated it, just like the original. I like natural gut and polys like luxilon big bangers and tecnifibre pro red code

TennisNinja
01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
I tried it in the six.one 95 demo for the BLX and I really liked the feel of it.

jpzsports
01-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I tried it in the six.one 95 demo for the BLX and I really liked the feel of it.

That's how I tested it too and I agree. But could it be the racket that has great feel, rather than the strings?

BobFL
01-31-2010, 06:34 PM
I tried it and it was MUCH better than Core 1. Huge upgrade in pretty much every aspect...

TennisNinja
02-01-2010, 06:53 AM
That's how I tested it too and I agree. But could it be the racket that has great feel, rather than the strings?

Yeah I'm not sure but I hated the old K six.one.

ryangoring
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I got some and I'll report back

Orion
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I demo'd it in the Wilson playtest a few months back. It felt solid but the strings moved all over the place the first 30 minutes. They settled down but still moved, just not as much. It makes a crisp sound when the ball leaves the strings like a whip cracking.