PDA

View Full Version : The soul of the racquet is the layup married to the strings.

kiteboard
01-31-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php NOtice which strings are top rated in each category? Vs team gut/alu power.

If you want to play the best, buy the best equipment, the best string, that depends on your level. Lower level players: stick with cheap strings like msv focus hex, and cheap sticks, msv hex or spin string crossed with the following: Ace 18g lux, will give feel and power but not cheapest.: Sppp 1.25mm cross: most stable string bed, with good spin.: Cyber flash 1.25mm as cross, gooey feel, good power, not as much trampoline/power as ace 18g, not as stable as sppp. Most durable: ashaway 16g mains, with a soft cross like nxt sensation.
Higher level players: Increase mass to 350-362g. Buy a flexy stick, or a players' stick. Polarize the frame with lead tape and balance according to style: baseliners, at 12 oclock, and string lower tension, all courters, 3 and 9, and 12. Use nat. gut in the main and alu power in the cross and string higher tension. Inject 25g of silicone into the bottom of your butt cap, capped with cotton. If you value control over power, softness on the arm, accuracy under fire, and winning more, sticks and string and mass and balance pt must suit your style the best way possible and you must use gut hybrids.... A digital scale is $30, less than a string job. Lead tape is cheap too.

Nothing dampens arm/shoulder damage like gut, or gives more control. Even the cheap gut is better than the best multi, for tension loss, and control. I've had a stringer since 1981, and have tried many different combos/tensions. Pre stretch for 3-6 sec. Gut tension loss overnight: 7%. Msv: 11%. Alu: 12.75%. After a couple of hours hitting hard: another 10-20 % for anything but gut.

ManuGinobili
01-31-2010, 11:12 PM
No offense meant but you need to improve your writing, especially for someone who has owned a stringer since 1981.

Meaghan
02-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Your thread title is correct but your explanation of it is the kind of standard advice most people on these boards dish out.

I think for the better player its a very individual thing.
Im a S&V all court aggressive player with extreme grips on both sides. I have lead tape at 12 not 3&9, and if i add weight in the handle prefer lead at top of handle than bottom.

I love gut/alu but get better all round playability from full poly, that includes for me better touch and feel.

I hate high tension, i get more control from lower tensions, have more grip and have relatively less tension loss.

I think its important for up and coming players as well as us old timers to be open about whats good and whats not good for you.

Its interesting cos on tour we have variety, Davy with a greasy poly at 40lbs, Fed with gut/alu...amazing all round game, Gonzalez, probably as talented a player as any, can do stuff with a tennis ball others only dream of, he plays full alu rough mid tension. Sampras, Roddick, Blake, hight tensions, different games from full gut to full poly to something inbetween. Radek using full Pacific, which i prefer to VS.
Everyone touts Murrays all round game yet he has Alu on the mains not gut.

Its about knowing your own game and finding the equipment that benefits it even if that means going against the norm.

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Your thread title is correct but your explanation of it is the kind of standard advice most people on these boards dish out.

I think for the better player its a very individual thing.
Im a S&V all court aggressive player with extreme grips on both sides. I have lead tape at 12 not 3&9, and if i add weight in the handle prefer lead at top of handle than bottom.

I love gut/alu but get better all round playability from full poly, that includes for me better touch and feel.

I hate high tension, i get more control from lower tensions, have more grip and have relatively less tension loss.

I think its important for up and coming players as well as us old timers to be open about whats good and whats not good for you.

Its interesting cos on tour we have variety, Davy with a greasy poly at 40lbs, Fed with gut/alu...amazing all round game, Gonzalez, probably as talented a player as any, can do stuff with a tennis ball others only dream of, he plays full alu rough mid tension. Sampras, Roddick, Blake, hight tensions, different games from full gut to full poly to something inbetween. Radek using full Pacific, which i prefer to VS.
Everyone touts Murrays all round game yet he has Alu on the mains not gut.

Its about knowing your own game and finding the equipment that benefits it even if that means going against the norm.

http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php True. According to the string log Davystinko strings at 50/48. Most of the guys you just mentioned use some kind of gut/lux alu power hybrid. Sampras, radek, roddick, blake, fed, cilic, joker, hewitt, murrray: Yeah, gonzo uses alu, as does delpo, verdasco uses bb full. All these juniors coming up on lux. at high tensions are going to blow out their shoulders/elbows, with the babolats. Look at Roddick finally breaking down, and he does use a gut hybrid.
http://www.racquettech.com/cgi/pro_logs.cgi

SlapShot
02-01-2010, 07:59 AM
It's not terrible advice, but terribly short-sighted.

To recommend any singular thing to any singular group is silly, to say the least, and borders on asinine, even if it is intended to simply be generic.

I understand that you're uber excited about having your PT57A frames, but not everyone needs a $400 frame to play great tennis, and I know of some very good players still using plain old synthetic gut with solid results.

It's not the tool, it's the person using it. If I were to buy a PT57A, it wouldn't make me a 5.0 level player.

bad_call
02-01-2010, 08:23 AM

To recommend any singular thing to any singular group is silly, to say the least, and borders on asinine, even if it is intended to simply be generic.

I understand that you're uber excited about having your PT57A frames, but not everyone needs a $400 frame to play great tennis, and I know of some very good players still using plain old synthetic gut with solid results.

It's not the tool, it's the person using it. If I were to buy a PT57A, it wouldn't make me a 5.0 level player.

too much energy drink for the OP? maybe calm down with an IPA (if old enough).

SlapShot
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
too much energy drink for the OP? maybe calm down with an IPA (if old enough).

Lately, I've been on a black ale kick - I have a couple of Widmer's black ales sitting around in the beer fridge. It seems that the colder it gets outside, the darker the beer being consumed inside. :)

bad_call
02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Lately, I've been on a black ale kick - I have a couple of Widmer's black ales sitting around in the beer fridge. It seems that the colder it gets outside, the darker the beer being consumed inside. :)

funny how the outside temperature affects appetites. :)

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 09:07 AM

True, but it's made me one from 4.5 up and .5 rise. http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php

bad_call
02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
True, but it's made me one from 4.5 up.

great that you've found the strings that enhance your racquet. but what works for one doesn't always work for another.

btw - can i borrow one of your sticks and see what it does for my game? :)

SlapShot
02-01-2010, 09:17 AM
True, but it's made me one from 4.5 up.

No it hasn't. Period.

If you're getting better, it's because of time on the court and being comfortable with your gear (and thus, "Sameness"). It has ZERO to do with it being a pro-stock frame.

10ACE
02-01-2010, 09:22 AM
If you want to play the best, buy the best equipment, the best string, that depends on your level. Lower level players: stick with cheap strings like msv focus hex, and cheap sticks, msv hex or spin string crossed with the following: Ace 18g lux, will give feel and power but not cheapest.: Sppp 1.25mm cross: most stable string bed, with good spin.: Cyber flash 1.25mm as cross, gooey feel, good power, not as much trampoline/power as ace 18g, not as stable as sppp. Most durable: ashaway 16g mains, with a soft cross like nxt sensation.
Higher level players: Increase mass to 350-362g. Buy a flexy stick, or a players' stick. Polarize the frame with lead tape and balance according to style: baseliners, at 12 oclock, and string lower tension, all courters, 3 and 9, and 12. Use nat. gut in the main and alu power in the cross and string higher tension. Inject 25g of silicone into the bottom of your butt cap, capped with cotton. If you value control over power, softness on the arm, accuracy under fire, and winning more, sticks and string and mass and balance pt must suit your style the best way possible and you must use gut hybrids.... A digital scale is $30, less than a string job. Lead tape is cheap too.

Nothing dampens arm/shoulder damage like gut, or gives more control. Even the cheap gut is better than the best multi, for tension loss, and control. I've had a stringer since 1981, and have tried many different combos/tensions. Pre stretch for 3-6 sec. Gut tension loss overnight: 7%. Msv: 11%. Alu: 12.75%. After a couple of hours hitting hard: another 10-20 % for anything but gut.

Lower Level players purchase MSV strings? This advice cannot be classified nor recommended based on a string! Too many great players I know use this string.

The advice given here is extremely skewed- not to mention personal opinion. I mean Gut as Control? If you string it extremely high- Might as well stick with MSV focus which at the right lbs wil give you not only great control but is soft for the arm.

Just an odd thread.

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 09:27 AM
No it hasn't. Period.

If you're getting better, it's because of time on the court and being comfortable with your gear (and thus, "Sameness"). It has ZERO to do with it being a pro-stock frame.

http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php The frame has more control, accuracy, and power under pressure from a top 4.5 undefeated player/open players I have been hitting with. The gut set up is less prone to tennis elbow. Try it, you'll like it, Mikey. Why do you think so many of the top ten use pro frames and gut/lux? It's not because they don't play better for it.

bad_call
02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
The frame has more control, accuracy, and power under pressure from a top 4.5 undefeated player/open players I have been hitting with. The gut set up is less prone to tennis elbow. Try it, you'll like it, Mikey. Why do you think so many of the top ten use pro frames and gut/lux? It's not because they don't play better for it.

yet quite a few pros use poly/gut or poly/poly (another thread had the list).

promise to return the racquet in good shape and post honest results which could support your claim. :)

SlapShot
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
The frame has more control, accuracy, and power under pressure from a top 4.5 undefeated player/open players I have been hitting with. The gut set up is less prone to tennis elbow. Try it, you'll like it, Mikey. Why do you think so many of the top ten use pro frames and gut/lux? It's not because they don't play better for it.

I hit with a PT57A yesterday. I still prefer my weighted up Babs. I hit a better ball, have much better feel for what the frame is going to do, and prefer the firmer flex. But then again, I do string with a gut/poly hybrid, so I'm halfway there.

My frame stands up fine to plenty of heavy hitters. I doubt that dropping $300 or more on a PT57A would do anything for me, except possibly make me an annoying poster on a tennis website who thinks that the frame makes the player and not the other way around.

Meaghan
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM

only fed and Nole play gut/lux, murray plays lux/gut (an important difference) Rod PHT/gut, Nadal, DP, Davy, Sod, Tsonga, Cilic, Gonzo, Monfils, poly poly poly aaaaaaaaaah stepanek at 14 plays full gut.

So in fact 3 out of 14 use gut as their main string !! (4 out of top 20 if you include Hewitt)

Gtech
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
What is a PT57A?

By the way, I am a good player, but just got double baggeled a couple of weeks ago by a guy using the ugliest racket I have ever seen. A Prince Mono something, what is that 20 years old?

Meaghan
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
What is a PT57A?

By the way, I am a good player, but just got double baggeled a couple of weeks ago by a guy using the ugliest racket I have ever seen. A Prince Mono something, what is that 20 years old?

Haha yeah my clubs number 2 has the same oversized titanium racket he has used since he was about 10, I even think it has the same strings and grip !!

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
only fed and Nole play gut/lux, murray plays lux/gut (an important difference) Rod PHT/gut, Nadal, DP, Davy, Sod, Tsonga, Cilic, Gonzo, Monfils, poly poly poly aaaaaaaaaah stepanek at 14 plays full gut.

So in fact 3 out of 14 use gut as their main string !! (4 out of top 20 if you include Hewitt)
http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php
Cilic plays gut/lux according to the string log. Lux/gut, gut/lux, still a hybrid. And those are the top players, fed joker murray cilic. The real test is whether you like it. If any one of the top players tried to play with a stock stick, strung by the local underpaid $10/hr kid at the pro shop, un modified, they may not even win a game. They would have to back off weaponry to make fewer ue, and they would be shoved off the court.

Standupnfall
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Cilic plays gut/lux according to the string log. Lux/gut, gut/lux, still a hybrid. And those are the top players, fed joker murray cilic. The real test is whether you like it. If any one of the top players tried to play with a stock stick, strung by the local underpaid $10/hr kid at the pro shop, un modified, they may not even win a game. They would have to back off weaponry to make fewer ue, and they would be shoved off the court.

OMG.......

tennisdude083
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM

seriously? You think the ability of a top player to win a game in a match is solely because of the racquet they are using?

SlapShot
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
seriously? You think the ability of a top player to win a game in a match is solely because of the racquet they are using?

Well, it did make him a "level better."

New kid with a new toy, I tell ya.

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM

I changed the stick, the strings, the layup, the stringer, the grip, the mass, the balance, the stiffness rating, the flex, etc. Even the shape of the pallet, ie, a rounder pallet for fw, is better than a head pallet, will throw them off considerably. Some pros were so sensitive that they can tell what color the stencil is on the strings. Lendl started the 10 sticks per match craze, and Sampras followed and soon they all are doing it. Why is that? Why do you think they restring 10 sticks per grand slam match? Because they don't play more than 8 games per string job. Why is that? The strings start to go long and trampoline due to the hard hitting. Have you ever cut out 10 string jobs per match and redone them? No, right?

SlapShot
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
The stick, the strings, the layup, the stringer, the grip, the mass, the balance, the stiffness rating, the flex, etc. Even the shape of the pallet, ie, a rounder pallet for fw, is better than a head pallet, will throw them off considerably. Some pros were so sensitive that they can tell what color the stencil is on the strings. Lendl started the 10 sticks per match craze, and Sampras followed and soon they all are doing it. Why is that? Why do you think they restring 10 sticks per grand slam match? Because they don't play more than 8 games per string job. Why is that? The strings start to go long and trampoline due to the hard hitting. Have you ever cut out 10 string jobs per match and redone them? No, right?

I'll tell you this point blank - you're full of it. Yes, Sampras and Lendl used lots of sticks. Most of the guys who do that suffer from some form of obsessive/compulsive. It has ZERO to do with not being able to hit their shots. There's a story that Nadal has frames that are all over the place (comparably speaking) spec-wise. What do you have to say about the #2 player in the world using frames that aren't exactly balanced?

Again, I'm happy that you got your extra special frames, but to project that onto the ranks of professional players is simply, as I said before, asinine.

tennisdude083
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
The stick, the strings, the layup, the stringer, the grip, the mass, the balance, the stiffness rating, the flex, etc. Even the shape of the pallet, ie, a rounder pallet for fw, is better than a head pallet, will throw them off considerably. Some pros were so sensitive that they can tell what color the stencil is on the strings. Lendl started the 10 sticks per match craze, and Sampras followed and soon they all are doing it. Why is that? Why do you think they restring 10 sticks per grand slam match? Because they don't play more than 8 games per string job. Why is that? The strings start to go long and trampoline due to the hard hitting. Have you ever cut out 10 string jobs per match and redone them? No, right?

Its true that they are picky about their gear and they have a preferred racquet set up that they are completely comfortable with and will allow them to play at their fullest potential. However, it is not as if without this perfect racquet they will be completely hopeless and will be reduced to a pathetic shell of their former selves. They are professional tennis players, they can make adjustments. They still have great technique, athleticism, coordination, etc. no matter what frame is in their hands. Hell, Roddick played with a god damn frying pan, even if he was probably playing around 3.5 level-4.0 level.

downs_chris
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM

hahaha...this might be the single dumbest thing i've read all day :)

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Its true that they are picky about their gear and they have a preferred racquet set up that they are completely comfortable with and will allow them to play at their fullest potential. However, it is not as if without this perfect racquet they will be completely hopeless and will be reduced to a pathetic shell of their former selves. They are professional tennis players, they can make adjustments. They still have great technique, athleticism, coordination, etc. no matter what frame is in their hands. Hell, Roddick played with a god damn frying pan, even if he was probably playing around 3.5 level-4.0 level.

Talk to the indians pro warriors how it was against rifles with their state of the art bow and arrows. Doesn't matter how good you are if you have no confidence, and reason for it, in your equipment. Isn't it against rules to insult on the forum?

tennisdude083
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Talk to the indians pro warriors how it was against rifles with their state of the art bow and arrows. Doesn't matter how good you are if you have no confidence, and reason for it, in your equipment. Isn't it against rules to insult on the forum?

Um... I'm assuming you are still talking to me, so could you tell me what part of my post came across as an insult? For it certainly was not my intention.

kiteboard
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Um... I'm assuming you are still talking to me, so could you tell me what part of my post came across as an insult? For it certainly was not my intention.

Didn't mean you, sorry, my mistake. I have seen open players, and played against them, when they have to borrow unfamiliar sticks, devolve into 4.5 players, just struggling to get the ball in play, and back off their weapons, and the same goes true for the pros. To say they would play as well with the stock sticks, stock string jobs, is just not true. Would anyone say the indians, or any disadvantaged warrior with low quality weapons, in comparison, would do just as well as superior equipped, similar ability opponents? If they had the same weapons, the usa would be named the cherokee nation conglomerate, and we'd be speaking a different language/s.

ManuGinobili
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Didn't mean you, sorry, my mistake. I have seen open players, and played against them, when they have to borrow unfamiliar sticks, devolve into 4.5 players, just struggling to get the ball in play, and back off their weapons, and the same goes true for the pros. To say they would play as well with the stock sticks, stock string jobs, is just not true. Would anyone say the indians, or any disadvantaged warrior with low quality weapons, in comparison, would do just as well as superior equipped, similar ability opponents? If they had the same weapons, the usa would be named the cherokee nation conglomerate, and we'd be speaking a different language/s.

Dude really bad comparison and really bad analogy.

Your story is of a player sucking with an UNFAMILAR stick ... if you give the pros a stock stick that is similar to theirs, give them a few mins to adjust, they'd kick anyone's butt still. Before Fed and Nadal got to the top they had to use regular sticks like anyone else!! The most serious customization service, Priority One only has 9 gold clients, all in the top 20... And racket companies only give you a pro stock if you have earned a high enough ranking.

The Native Americans had arrows and spears compared to guns, plus were outnumbered greatly.... how does that translate to the difference between 2 graphite rackets?

Meaghan
02-02-2010, 12:28 AM

Whats this string log?? its got Davy wrong for one.....

Cilic is always changing his string set up from full poly to gut/poly -poly/gut hybrid.

I also think you need to realise there is a massive difference between the two hybrid set ups of gut mains/alu crosses and alu mains/gut crosses.

Having gut in the crosses just makes the stringbed a little softer, If you have this set up you are still a poly player.

bad_call
02-02-2010, 06:08 AM
anyone get the feeling that a couple posters are pushing the consumption of a certain gut?

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Dude really bad comparison and really bad analogy.

Your story is of a player sucking with an UNFAMILAR stick ... if you give the pros a stock stick that is similar to theirs, give them a few mins to adjust, they'd kick anyone's butt still. Before Fed and Nadal got to the top they had to use regular sticks like anyone else!! The most serious customization service, Priority One only has 9 gold clients, all in the top 20... And racket companies only give you a pro stock if you have earned a high enough ranking.

The Native Americans had arrows and spears compared to guns, plus were outnumbered greatly.... how does that translate to the difference between 2 graphite rackets?

Top juniors get pro sticks, and sponsorships from age 10 on. Even the grip pallet will affect the play of a pro. They are more, not less sensitive to equipment changes. Any 4.0 will not get benefit due to the fact they suck anyway. The indians were outnumbererd? Not at first, nor for the first 50 years or so.

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Whats this string log?? its got Davy wrong for one.....

Cilic is always changing his string set up from full poly to gut/poly -poly/gut hybrid.

I also think you need to realise there is a massive difference between the two hybrid set ups of gut mains/alu crosses and alu mains/gut crosses.

Having gut in the crosses just makes the stringbed a little softer, If you have this set up you are still a poly player.

I have played with both many times. I know the feeling is made up of 80% mains. Gut adds control and softness. I could care less if anyone uses gut, unless it helps their game, and I had a good effect on them, due to my rec... Alu/gut, gut/alu, both are good, for different reasons. The alu mains, esp. rough, give good durability and spin, but suffer from premature tension loss for hard hitters. The gut mains, less spin, less tension loss, softer, more control on touch shots, but good power if strung right, less durable. Who cares what you use if you like it? I'm just pointing out that the very top players use gut/alu or alu/gut poly/gut in a higher % than the lower ranked players do. Yet, that is obvious, but the only thing each of us cares about is our own experiences under fire from good opponents. You have to have supreme confidence in your own equipment, to hit out freely under real pressure.

SlapShot
02-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Top juniors get pro sticks, and sponsorships from age 10 on. Even the grip pallet will affect the play of a pro. They are more, not less sensitive to equipment changes. Any 4.0 will not get benefit due to the fact they suck anyway. The indians were outnumbererd? Not at first, nor for the first 50 years or so.

If they were handed a non-pro stock frame that was similar to their own, they would STILL beat a 5.5 level player 2 and 2.

Again, I'm excited that you spent bunches of money on some nice pro stock frames. But that doesn't make you a better player than some guy who is using something that suits his game if he's the better player to start with.

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
If they were handed a non-pro stock frame that was similar to their own, they would STILL beat a 5.5 level player 2 and 2.

Again, I'm excited that you spent bunches of money on some nice pro stock frames. But that doesn't make you a better player than some guy who is using something that suits his game if he's the better player to start with.

Notice which strings are the top rated in each category? Vs team gut, and alu power 1.25mm. I said, against their peers, not against local 5.5 pros/open guys. Against their peers they lose 2 and 2 if not worse, with a stock frame strung by the local kid at the pro store. Do you think fed could go out and buy a stock blx 90, and beat nadal?

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 07:43 AM
I'll tell you this point blank - you're full of it. Yes, Sampras and Lendl used lots of sticks. Most of the guys who do that suffer from some form of obsessive/compulsive. It has ZERO to do with not being able to hit their shots. There's a story that Nadal has frames that are all over the place (comparably speaking) spec-wise. What do you have to say about the #2 player in the world using frames that aren't exactly balanced?

Again, I'm happy that you got your extra special frames, but to project that onto the ranks of professional players is simply, as I said before, asinine.

Nadals frames vary from 332-334g. http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php

SlapShot
02-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Notice which strings are the top rated in each category? Vs team gut, and alu power 1.25mm. I said, against their peers, not against local 5.5 pros/open guys. Against their peers they lose 2 and 2 if not worse, with a stock frame strung by the local kid at the pro store. Do you think fed could go out and buy a stock blx 90, and beat nadal?

Fed could go buy a STOCK BLX90, have it strung with his normal setup, and would give Nadal a tough match. He would certainly win games, probably sets, possibly the match.

Now, your argument does hold some merit - a good string setup on a frame that is properly set up for your game makes a difference. But there is no rule that it has to be gut on a pro stock frame. Some of the best players I've played against were using bone-stock frames, unmatched, strung with Prince Syn Gut Duraflex or similar.

You can try and justify your $2000 purchase however you want. Just don't have your dog peeing on my leg while you're telling me it's raining.

topanlego
02-02-2010, 09:02 AM

A Ferrari might be at the top of it's category but just because you own one, it doesn't make you a better driver. Nor would more expensive tires or leather seats. On the other hand, give Schumacher a Smart Car and he'll still be an awesome driver.

Strings and racquets are just tools. It's more important how you use them then what they are.

And yes, Fed could go out and buy a stock blx 90 and beat nadal. As much as many of us want to believe that Wilson makes him a special, he probably just uses a stock frame that's customized as anybody else could.

DennisK
02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.stringforum.net/string2009.php Do you think fed could go out and buy a stock blx 90, and beat nadal?

Of all of the analogies to pick, you chose a very poor one. :roll:

Wes_Loves_Dunlop
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
your analogies are really bad. Its like comparing two baseball players. One has an aluminum bat, and one has a wooden bat. If both players had same ability, who would hit further?
The one with the aluminum bat, thats because it was made to hit farther.

Same with tennis rackets, people choose rackets that fit their game(well, people who care about it) and if you give them another one, they will feel difficulty at first, but federer would adjust and make it work

Bash and Crash
02-02-2010, 08:33 PM
hey Kite, when is your next tourney in NorCal, or do you play on a team, I would love to see those sticks in action. Did you play the grand prix 4.5 finals?

big bang
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I bought a used pair of Nadals "pro stock" court ballistics last month, my game improved from 5.5 to at least 7.0 within the first week:shock:
its just insane what all this "pro stock" equipment can do for your game. I have never been faster or stronger, but of course these shoes came with the secret technology "built in Rafa speed".
just remember to use the Rafa "pro stock" shoe laces or else they turn into regular ballistics and your level will drop immedietly. but if you handle them correctly you speed, endurance and agility will improve the second you tie the laces:)

Did I mention that my topspin forehand went from 2000 rpm to 4500 rpm?

kiteboard
02-03-2010, 08:11 AM
hey Kite, when is your next tourney in NorCal, or do you play on a team, I would love to see those sticks in action. Did you play the grand prix 4.5 finals?

I play with league players, all the time, and beat them, but not on a team yet. Loved my string job last night, with nat gut global/alu power 1.25mm. Was able to hit my way out of any hole u e caused. They don't know what side to hit to now.

kiteboard
02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I bought a used pair of Nadals "pro stock" court ballistics last month, my game improved from 5.5 to at least 7.0 within the first week:shock:
its just insane what all this "pro stock" equipment can do for your game. I have never been faster or stronger, but of course these shoes came with the secret technology "built in Rafa speed".
just remember to use the Rafa "pro stock" shoe laces or else they turn into regular ballistics and your level will drop immedietly. but if you handle them correctly you speed, endurance and agility will improve the second you tie the laces:)

Did I mention that my topspin forehand went from 2000 rpm to 4500 rpm?

Talk to chuck Bleckinger, who made a quarterfinal at wimby, and showed up with one wooden racquet and new shoes, how much equipment can help or hurt your game. Never did a thing again, his confidence was destroyed. Sometimes, one match can hurt so bad, your recovery from it never occurs.