PDA

View Full Version : EFFECTS OF STRING STIFFNESS on DT

AK47
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
I was checking the RSR string stifnness test list for 2010, i found it quite interesting. I am pretty new to stringing and i have this question.

When all else is same is it accurate to say softer the string like nat guts, more powerful the string. And stiffer the string like polys, less powerful therefore more control oriented it is.

If this assumption is correct, would these 2 different set ups give similar results

XYZ raquet done on xyz machine by xyz stringer usingthe soft nat gut strings(touch 16) at max recommended tension

same raquet same string machine same striger using full poly set up (lux alu16L) at min recommended tension

My logic is simple. I am jacking up the tension on the nat gut to bring the DT as high as possible, and bringing the tension down on poly to bring the DT down from extreme stiffness. And may be bring two raquets to the identical DT. At that point would both raquets pretty much play the same?

I guess what i am saying by trying these above can yu make a poly feel close to nat gut or make nat gut feel like poly just by equalizing DTs on 2 identical raquets.

Thanks

82300sd
02-02-2010, 08:01 PM
2 of the same racquets with different strings and same dynamic tension is going to yield different results, they won't play the same even if you could some how match the dynamic tension

ManuGinobili
02-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Good try but probably not gonna work that way, because the material of the strings are drastically different.

If you put enough sugar in orange juice so that it is just as sweet as apple juice, would they drink the same?

miniRafa386
02-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Good try but probably not gonna work that way, because the material of the strings are drastically different.

If you put enough sugar in orange juice so that it is just as sweet as apple juice, would they drink the same?

cha chingg