PDA

View Full Version : Chi energy to heal injuries

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 07:10 PM
If you learn to use the chi energy in your blood stream you can heal injuries faster. For example, if you pull your lower back, sit down, bend over toward your knees, place your chest on your legs, and "shove" the blood pressure as hard as you can towards the injury, from the navel/abdomen area, and the perineum, (Kegel muscles) until your pressure goes through the roof, and hold for a few seconds. (Don't do this if you are suffering from heart disease/diabetes, or have had heart attacks.) If you are doing it right, it will seem as if your head is going to explode with the pressure. (If you've had embolisms, etc, don't do this.) Best left to the healthy. The technique works with any injury, not just the back. Also works well in a hot bath, ie, hamstrings, calfs, etc. Rest then repeat 10 times. Do this twice a day, am and pm, and the injury will heal way faster. (For the healthy only!) The energy works best when channelled and forced out of the abdomen (core), towards the injured area. The real test is whether it works for you or not. Try it next time you get hurt.
Warning: real risk involved, for those already prone to aneurysms, etc. Not for everyone, and best left to the young and healthy, who have muscle pulls or joint injuries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q Chi master at work. See page three for the donator of this link:The steak

That's an amazing video. Don't doubt the authenticity one bit. Too many genuine reactions in that video. No acting there.

I've met someone like him, Davyat Sharna, who claimed we knew each other in a past life, and I was an islander, with a family, a fisherman. I did a past life regression with him, and coincidentally, my father invited him, unbeknown to me, to dinner, although I did not know they knew each other at all.
I had very dark skin, and was a throw net master. Had a hut, and a wife, and a hearth always burning.
I don't know if I can light anything on fire with my chi, I would never try it that way. I only use it to heal myself and for partner/pleasurable reasons. Chi masters can shoot it across the air to others, as I have done many times. It is not electricity per se, but sort of feels squiggly yet powerful, shocking but not ac, more like dc; and I saw they had an ac meter, the wrong type of electricity meter to measure it. Long low wave ac maybe, almost direct current. To the receiver, it feels like static electricity/crossed with long low wave ac, yet, paradoxically, at high frequency: zap-----zappzapp. From the sender, it feels like you are "shoving" a force field, a beam of power, a flow of electricity without wires or grounds, or circuits, other than the human circuit, as both become one.

Chi doesn't just exist for asians doing tai chi, a noble set of movements, with the goal of forming a literal bridge, from our bodies, to our chi bodies. Chi exists in all of us, all day long and every day, just as the A,B force does, without being able to see or feel it, doesn't mean a gaijin can't master it in his own set of noble movements.
If you went out to play tennis, as a beginner, and self taught everything, how much longer would it take to learn, if you could at all, to be a good player?
Yoga and tai chi have been around for a very long time, for very good reasons. Why reinvent the wheel, when many millions of others, before you, have already built some pretty good wheels? Then again, millions of players try, and almost all fail, often due to injury, to attain top status, in all professional sports, the whole world over, not just tennis..... For every 6.0, there are thousands of 4.5s. For every 7.0 there are thousands of 6.0s and millions of 4.0s. How many more of them would have made it with this technique? I don't know, but certainly some for sure.
The only way to play is pick up a stick; and the only way to learn is to pick up a stick; and the only way to improve and open your mind and body to something new is to pick up a stick. So pick up the chi stick, and use it to improve and heal.

Do you know that Mr. federer, stretches both am and pm, and places his legs and back under extreme flexion? He has been able to stave off just so much injury, with similar technique, except for an ankle sprain, and those are notoriously diff. to recover from. Don't you think, that his bullet proof past, has just a little bit to do with his day and night extreme flexion?

Key words: sports injury, injuries, alternative healing with chi energy, how to heal yourself with chi, how to heal back and leg injuries with chi

Fedace
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Give me 1 single evidence that chi energy actually exists. just one evidence. then i will stand on top of LaJolla beach house, Naked.

PCXL-Fan
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Interesting concept. Any scientific asian studies that back this up?

Bud
02-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Give me 1 single evidence that chi energy actually exists. just one evidence. then i will stand on top of LaJolla beach house, Naked.

Hopefully no evidence exists... :-?

charliefedererer
02-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hopefully no evidence exists... :-?

Am I to take your response to mean you would show your neighborly support of Fedace and join him on the roof, but hope no evidence exists so you both won't have to?

Bud
02-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Am I to take your response to mean you would show your neighborly support of Fedace and join him on the roof, but hope no evidence exists so you both won't have to?

Ummm no... if evidence exists we'll have a naked fedace flappin in the wind :shock:

charliefedererer
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
If you learn to use the chi energy in your blood stream you can heal injuries faster. For example, if you pull your lower back, sit down, bend over toward your knees, place your chest on your legs, and "shove" the blood pressure as hard as you can towards the injury, until your pressure goes through the roof, and hold for a few seconds. (Don't do this if you are suffering from heart disease/diabetes, or have had heart attacks.) If you are doing it right, it will seem as if your head is going to explode with the pressure. (If you've had embolisms, etc, don't do this.) Best left to the healthy. The technique works with any injury, not just the back. Also works well in a hot bath, ie, hamstrings, calfs, etc. Rest then repeat 10 times. Do this twice a day, am and pm, and the injury will heal way faster. (For the healthy only!)

What about the poor folks who in fact have high blood pressure, hypertrophic subaortic stenosis or a brain aneurysm, but it won't become manifest until they try this maneuver, and then drop dead?
I guess just bad luck, eh mate?

charliefedererer
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Ummm no... if evidence exists we'll have a naked fedace flappin in the wind :shock:

Would that be enough to cause a stampede at the Zoo, or a mass extinction?

Zachol82
02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I find that "channeling chi energy" is another way of saying "relax, clear your mind and meditate," which is just good in general.

I think I've read somewhere awhile back that if you think about certain parts of your body, such as when you're working out abs, think about your ab muscles, then it'd be more effective. Maybe thinking about healing your wound actually does something physically to the body?

I do know that a scientific experiment had cancer patients think about their body fighting the cancer cells and in most cases it was more effective than others who were not told to do anything specific, aside from getting treatment.

PCXL-Fan
02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Remember western medicine does not know everything.

For the most part western medicine is about treating symptoms or dealing with health issues once they arise. Only recently has there been a movement towards preventative health and informing the public about causes for illnesses. There are more ads on tv on weightloss pills and heart medicine then there are of ads informing people how to eat properly and stay healthy and the huge impact it has on health. A very money driven medical system. Financing and research follow that pathway. Where the money goes, boat loads of doctors go.

Where are the botox doctors, plastic surgery doctors and their associated institutions talking about positive body image and outlook. Nah they are attacking that putting doubts into peoples minds and making them think they need that nose job or boob job or botox injection.

To many north-americaners Chi is a silly meaningless word. Something from kungfu movies. But the concept of what he is saying could certainly hold merit.

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 10:05 PM

They used to say earth was flat, the earth was the center of the universe, and electricity did not exist. Gravity didn't exist either.

There are chi experts mapping out the pathways, and using them to heal all over the world. See an accupuncturist and tell him it does not work, nor exist.
When we discover the speed of gravity is infinite, will anyone be surprised?

kiteboard
02-02-2010, 10:14 PM
What about the poor folks who in fact have high blood pressure, hypertrophic subaortic stenosis or a brain aneurysm, but it won't become manifest until they try this maneuver, and then drop dead?
I guess just bad luck, eh mate?

There is some risk involved, yes. Some die from aspirin, quinine, bee stings, etc. We all come back anyway.. But I have healed myself with this so fast you would not relate to it.

albino smurf
02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
I am a believer in chi energy and what this poster is suggesting is ignorant to tell non-practicioners. too advanced and clearly not healthy for a novice to attempt. Youthful exuberance maybe, but dangerous advice to just throw this stuff around in a hey try this manner.

joe sch
02-03-2010, 05:33 AM
If you learn to use the chi energy in your blood stream you can heal injuries faster. For example, if you pull your lower back, sit down, bend over toward your knees, place your chest on your legs, and "shove" the blood pressure as hard as you can towards the injury, until your pressure goes through the roof, and hold for a few seconds. (Don't do this if you are suffering from heart disease/diabetes, or have had heart attacks.) If you are doing it right, it will seem as if your head is going to explode with the pressure. (If you've had embolisms, etc, don't do this.) Best left to the healthy. The technique works with any injury, not just the back. Also works well in a hot bath, ie, hamstrings, calfs, etc. Rest then repeat 10 times. Do this twice a day, am and pm, and the injury will heal way faster. (For the healthy only!) The energy works best when channelled and forced out of the abdomen (core), towards the injured area. The real test is whether it works for you or not. Try it next time you get hurt.
Warning: real risk involved, for those already prone to aneurysms, etc. Not for everyone, and best left to the young and healthy, who have muscle pulls or joint injuries.

I think what you are describing is actually closer to a kiatsu massage. Chi energy can be very helpful for many purposes including healing and hurting. For the non believers it is bascially concentrating on blood flow and the associated energy involved with these flows, call it a form of ESD if you like. Blood flow is the key to healing so increasing the flow to injured or tired muscles will help with healing and recovery. What you describe is actually like many forms of yoga where one is getting in various body position, using breathing to increase the blood flow and flexibility to parts of the body that are tight and unflexible. Chi can also be described as breathing and meditation for those that do not like the term or the concept.

kiteboard
02-03-2010, 08:01 AM
I am a believer in chi energy and what this poster is suggesting is ignorant to tell non-practicioners. too advanced and clearly not healthy for a novice to attempt. Youthful exuberance maybe, but dangerous advice to just throw this stuff around in a hey try this manner.

May be so. Try it at your own risk. It works wonders when perfected. I take no responsibility if tried and damage results. Ignorant may be the right word, but not if it helps some who try it, recover faster than ever before. We all get hurt at some stage, if we play hard.. Why not recover as hard as you play? Our blood pressure certainly rises when we run, jump, sweat, strain, in the heat, and contest a hard fought match. Almost no one knows about this, or does it; to our own ignorance, each of us rests in repose.

tennytive
02-06-2010, 06:36 AM

Thank you. Totally irresponsible, even with all the "disclaimers".

kiteboard
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Thank you. Totally irresponsible, even with all the "disclaimers".

If every athlete who was using drugs/surgery to recover tried this and was able to recover twice as fast using it, then what? Next time you rip a hamstring or pull your lower back try it as described: 10 reps, night and day am and pm, in the warm bath. IF the doc told you six weeks, it will take three if that.

ChopShot
02-06-2010, 04:29 PM
They used to say earth was flat, the earth was the center of the universe, and electricity did not exist. Gravity didn't exist either.

There are chi experts mapping out the pathways, and using them to heal all over the world. See an accupuncturist and tell him it does not work, nor exist.
When we discover the speed of gravity is infinite, will anyone be surprised?

Well, i will. Gravity does not possess any velocity. It is a physical phenomenon, which causes objects to attract each other, the degree of this attraction depending on their mass. Please, people, stop spouting bat-**** crazy stuff pertaining to physics if you don't know jack **** about physics! Have some sympathy for us actual physicists - this stuff damn near hurts.

r2473
02-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Well, i will. Gravity does not possess any velocity. It is a physical phenomenon, which causes objects to attract each other, the degree of this attraction depending on their mass. Please, people, stop spouting bat-**** crazy stuff pertaining to physics if you don't know jack **** about physics! Have some sympathy for us actual physicists - this stuff damn near hurts.

"Indeed, it is widely accepted, even if less widely known, that the speed of gravity in Newton’s Universal Law is unconditionally infinite."

http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/speed_of_gravity.asp

ChopShot
02-06-2010, 04:51 PM
And if you actually read it through, the consequence of this guy being right would be the absolute breakdown of conventional physics, seeing as the postulate of gravity having an infinite velocity violates the General Theory of Relativity. The fact that gravity "has no detectable aberration or propagation delay for its action" does not necessarily mean that the speed of gravity is infinite, it may merely mean that gravity is not subject to velocity - something that wouldn't shatter the foundation of physics itself. This is ONE article. ONE. The equivalent of this is claiming a cure for cancer, or diabetes, from ONE article. You find me 50 more articles stressing exactly the same point, and achieving exactly the same results, and i'll bow down.

r2473
02-06-2010, 04:59 PM
OK, the speed of gravity is probably equal to the speed of light (but who doesn't like to challenge general relativity sometimes).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_gravity

kiteboard
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Me thinks you're making this stuff up :)

Not at all. Had a back pull from work, heavy lifting, and a pulled ham, but did the chi thing, in the cold air, and took five in a row, having lost the first two from the 4.5 player, who was warmed up already. Feels like warm electrical vibrating waves. Squiggly waves, sort of.

kiteboard
02-06-2010, 09:10 PM

3 meters per second/second, overtakes the speed of light very damn fast. If the effect of gravity had any delay at all, the earth would not maintain orbit, and we'd all be frozen solid very damn fast. LIght takes about 499 sec to reach us at 186,000+mps, at 93 mil miles out, and how long does gravity take? Instantaneous, like a tether on a rope, the tether determined by the mass of the earth x the mass of the sun, x r sqaured, holding us to the sun, which loses about 4 million metric tons of mass/sec, every sec., (Plasma expelled and photons) yet we maintain virtually the same orbit. The earth is also losing mass as well, and absorbing some mass from the suns' photons, so what is the equation for the orbit's loss? How much water vapor are we losing at 67,000mph (speed it takes to orbit the sun in a year)? A little bit. So what is the equation? F (force of attraction)= g (grav. constant) x m1 (mass of earth)x m2(mass of the sun) x r(radius between masses 93 mil miles) squared. There is some argument over the figure of grav. constant. How much distance are we losing each year? How many feet per year? If you are a physicist, the answer, please?
I'd say since the sun started, and the earth was a red hot boiling mass of lava, surrounded by a broiling red mist of sulfuric acid, the sun has lost about 20% of its mass in 4.5 billion years. That's how big the sun is. That's 34.56 x 10 to the tenth power of tons of mass per day the sun is losing. Multiply that by 5 billion years, and that's only 20%. Any guesses as to how far out we go each year from the sun? It's not mother earth, it's mother sun. The earth is the sun's baby, and we are children of the earth, so that makes the sun everyones' grandma.

kiteboard
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
And if you actually read it through, the consequence of this guy being right would be the absolute breakdown of conventional physics, seeing as the postulate of gravity having an infinite velocity violates the General Theory of Relativity. The fact that gravity "has no detectable aberration or propagation delay for its action" does not necessarily mean that the speed of gravity is infinite, it may merely mean that gravity is not subject to velocity - something that wouldn't shatter the foundation of physics itself. This is ONE article. ONE. The equivalent of this is claiming a cure for cancer, or diabetes, from ONE article. You find me 50 more articles stressing exactly the same point, and achieving exactly the same results, and i'll bow down.

The general theory of relativity is wrong. Chi exists as well, not due to anything we claim or disclaim, by any other name, a rose is still a rose.
The only normal energy is the energy you don't know very well.

Oh, yeah, see Clinton saying, "That depends on what the meaning of the word is, is."

ChopShot
02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
I guess that would be because, as he stressed, your argument was useless bander, with no relation to any gravitational velocity - in fact, it was only related to gravitational force. Claiming that "general relativity is wrong and chi exists, so all physicists are idiots, nee nur nee nur nee nur" is simply childish. Gravity's velocity, if it can even be described as having such (seeing as gravity itself is two forces - the weak and strong gravitational forces - both transmitted by quark-sized particles), CANNOT be greater than that of light - this would violate the General Theory entirely. Seeing as the General Theory describes the universe quite perfectly, this is not an option. It's like dividing by zero - you can't, it's just not allowed, because 2 DOES NOT equal 1. Oh, that and you can't have all those singularities or time paradoxes as a result of applying it the General Relativity.

kiteboard
02-07-2010, 09:08 AM
I guess that would be because, as he stressed, your argument was useless bander, with no relation to any gravitational velocity - in fact, it was only related to gravitational force. Claiming that "general relativity is wrong and chi exists, so all physicists are idiots, nee nur nee nur nee nur" is simply childish. Gravity's velocity, if it can even be described as having such (seeing as gravity itself is two forces - the weak and strong gravitational forces - both transmitted by quark-sized particles), CANNOT be greater than that of light - this would violate the General Theory entirely. Seeing as the General Theory describes the universe quite perfectly, this is not an option. It's like dividing by zero - you can't, it's just not allowed, because 2 DOES NOT equal 1. Oh, that and you can't have all those singularities or time paradoxes as a result of applying it the General Relativity.

If grav. is independent of velocity, then it is also ind. of acc. and mass as well? I don't think so. Do you think, if there was a 500 sec. delay, in the effect of grav on the earth, holding it in orbit, that it would stay in orbit around the sun? That it ever would have been able to achieve an orbit?

OHBH
02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I guess you suppose if you spew enough Gobbledygook people will think you are right. Throw together a couple of terms and numbers off of Wikipedia and try to make it seem coherent Maybe you can write for the next Star Trek?

I didn't hear your answer to the question.

I guess that would be because, as he stressed, your argument was useless bander, with no relation to any gravitational velocity

We have a Winner!!

If grav. is independent of velocity, then it is also ind. of acc. and mass as well? I don't think so. Do you think, if there was a 500 sec. delay, in the effect of grav on the earth, holding it in orbit, that it would stay in orbit around the sun? That it ever would have been able to achieve an orbit?

With general relativity gravity is merely the...... MUST GET ON TOPIC, Chi energy is not real, and neither is astrology, palm reading, creationism, Freudian psychology, healing crystals, religion, or scientology. All for most of the same reasons.

Please read "Astrology as a Pseudoscience" by Paul R. Thagard and see what these things all have in common.

El Diablo
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm not convinced chi energy is "real" but can't prove that is doesn't exist. There are things that may be "real" despite a lack of hard scientific evidence. I know people who believe the genetic basis for the various palm creases may be linked on chromosomes to genes for personality traits, so it is foolish to conclude with certainty that there is nothing to palm reading. Freud's theories were based on observation, consistent with other sciences, and much (though certainly not all) of what he posited is still broadly accepted today, though there is no foolproof test of his hypotheses. The Chinese and Indian approaches to medicine were based also on observation, and I don't assume automatically that they are baseless. To do so would be the trait of a poor scientist.

Frank Silbermann
02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Remember western medicine does not know everything.

For the most part western medicine is about treating symptoms or dealing with health issues once they arise. Only recently has there been a movement towards preventative health and informing the public about causes for illnesses. That is true. At least in Africa you can find an alternative medicine provider who can deal with the curses and evil spirits that _caused_ the illness.

kiteboard
02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
All this sarcasm and no one has acutally tried it yet? I pulled a ham (tennis) and then a back lower muscle (work heavy lifting), and was still able to hang with the top local open player, the next day after the back tear, although it cost me a nights' sleep. Two days later, after the kid beat up on me, I saw him drilling in the rain, yes, the rain. Taking feeds from his father. Three days later, and I will be good to go, ham/back pretty much healed. Who else has healed a ham and a lower back pull in three days? So many critics, and not one positive guy out there who will give it a try?

ChopShot
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
That might be because we detest anecdotal evidence from buffoons. Just food for thought.

ChrisCrocker
02-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Any guesses as to how far out we go each year from the sun? It's not mother earth, it's mother sun. The earth is the sun's baby, and we are children of the earth, so that makes the sun everyones' grandma.

LOL WTF WAS THIS?

ChopShot
02-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Proof of his total lack of rational thought, is what it is.

OHBH
02-08-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm not convinced chi energy is "real" but can't prove that is doesn't exist. There are things that may be "real" despite a lack of hard scientific evidence. I know people who believe the genetic basis for the various palm creases may be linked on chromosomes to genes for personality traits, so it is foolish to conclude with certainty that there is nothing to palm reading. Freud's theories were based on observation, consistent with other sciences, and much (though certainly not all) of what he posited is still broadly accepted today, though there is no foolproof test of his hypotheses. The Chinese and Indian approaches to medicine were based also on observation, and I don't assume automatically that they are baseless. To do so would be the trait of a poor scientist.

There is nothing wrong with observation but my examples of pseudosciences interpret the data observed in such a way that all contradictions within its ideas are explained so that it is made unfalsifiable. So if a theory by nature has no criteria by which it could be disproven it is not a logical conclusion. Did you read my link? http://www.jstor.org/stable/192639?cookieSet=1

kiteboard
02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
LOL WTF WAS THIS?

It's called a joke.

charliefedererer
02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Although I understand little about Chi, there are many parallels in "modern" physiology, neurology, and endocrinology.

The body is more than just a sum of its parts, and any one part has feedback on the others by neural and humoral pathways:

Our emotions evoke strong systemic responses, such as adrenaline that speeds up our heartrate, and clouds our concentration.
Strong physical exercise causes release of opiods, leading to a sense of pleasurable well being.
Obesity sets in motion the "metabolic syndrome" of diabetes, hypertension, lipid abnormalities and cardiovascular disease.

I am pretty impressed that Chi has so much "right" about the big picture, even though so many of the little details are "wrong". The explanations and philosphy fashioned in an earlier time are remarkable in their depth, and a tribute to a profound abilty to experience the physical world and develop a cohesiveness that rings true at so many levels.

ChopShot
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
First of all, just to clear things up - adrenaline sharpens concentration, it doesn't cloud it. Adrenaline is a defense mechanism against predators - clouded concentration would lead to humanity having been all lion snacks by now. Also, although you are right about emotions soliciting a physiological response, adrenaline is a wrong example - depression, and the resulting lack of dopamine in the brain, would be a better example of a psychosomatic correlation. The release of opiods is, like adrenaline, a conditioned response - it allows us to overcome the pain that invariably follows intense exercise. And with regards to obesity - i mean, come on - you heap fat on the outisde of your body, how surprising is it that it heaps up inside as well - hypertension, lipid abnormalities and cardiovascular disease are all caused by hightened fat concentrations, and diabetes is a result of the usually obesity-related overintake of sugars.
Actually, i fail to see just what exactly you believe Chi has right about the big picture... About things in general being interconnected, and local effects having wider ramifications? I mean, come on - that's a fact of the natural world!

kiteboard
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
That might be because we detest anecdotal evidence from buffoons. Just food for thought.

The next time you get rip your hamstring, or blow out your lower back, I would say, try not to think of this thread. To all those who have an open mind towards the energy flowing in the chi pathways, like your blood stream, like water in a pipe, or electricity in a wire, use the technique with the intention of applying the intense chi pressure and healing very quickly and you will be shocked at the results....

You know those estim machines? They are a crude attempt to reestablish the chi path broken due to injury. Some are also using acupuncture needles, hooked up to the estim machines, across the injured area. Look at Seles, how long she took to come back from a superficial knife wound. Two years. She really needed this technique, to heal the path way, and history would have been Seles, not Graf.
An injury can heal in weeks. The chi path may stay broken forever. How many of us never made it due to injury? How many could not stomach the pain? It's not only the muscles that get ripped and torn. It's our chi and minds as well.

r2473
02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I'll give this Chi energy thing a shot. Anyone know where I can pick some up and how much it costs? Which brand would you suggest?

kiteboard
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
We have a Winner!!

With general relativity gravity is merely the...... MUST GET ON TOPIC, Chi energy is not real, and neither is astrology, palm reading, creationism, Freudian psychology, healing crystals, religion, or scientology. All for most of the same reasons.

Please read "Astrology as a Pseudoscience" by Paul R. Thagard and see what these things all have in common.

It's not real for you. Talk to any master of it, and he will show you it is real. Gravity as a force, A and B, we don't fully understand, yet many pretend to, such as yourself, is just an analogy to chi, as something most don't understand, yet, it's in them all day every day, just as gravity flows through each and every one of us all day and every day. Do you understand gravity? Then give me a unified field theory.

OHBH
02-08-2010, 07:39 PM
It's not real for you. Talk to any master of it, and he will show you it is real. Gravity as a force, A and B, we don't fully understand, yet many pretend to, such as yourself, is just an analogy to chi, as something most don't understand, yet, it's in them all day every day, just as gravity flows through each and every one of us all day and every day. Do you understand gravity? Then give me a unified field theory.

I don't need a unified theory to know about gravity, I believe in gravity because the findings behind it are rooted in science and rationality. I argue against the method used to "discover chi energy". Because of unsound method I must reject the results. If "chi energy" was verifiable and falsifiable I might take it seriously, but this it not the case.

ChopShot
02-09-2010, 05:00 AM
The next time you get rip your hamstring, or blow out your lower back, I would say, try not to think of this thread. To all those who have an open mind towards the energy flowing in the chi pathways, like your blood stream, like water in a pipe, or electricity in a wire, use the technique with the intention of applying the intense chi pressure and healing very quickly and you will be shocked at the results....

You know those estim machines? They are a crude attempt to reestablish the chi path broken due to injury. Some are also using acupuncture needles, hooked up to the estim machines, across the injured area. Look at Seles, how long she took to come back from a superficial knife wound. Two years. She really needed this technique, to heal the path way, and history would have been Seles, not Graf.
An injury can heal in weeks. The chi path may stay broken forever. How many of us never made it due to injury? How many could not stomach the pain? It's not only the muscles that get ripped and torn. It's our chi and minds as well.

Funny, that. Superficial knife wound?! Are you out of your mind? The incisions barely missed her spine, is how superficial they were. The results you are seeing from your "Chi" stuff is most likely a psychosomatic effect - where your general mood towards your health or injury has an effect of some sort. Mind you, psychosomatic effects are actually SCIENTIFICALLY proven and know to medicine, yet you insist on inventing magical mojo to explain them.

charliefedererer
02-09-2010, 06:40 AM
First of all, just to clear things up - adrenaline sharpens concentration, it doesn't cloud it. Adrenaline is a defense mechanism against predators - clouded concentration would lead to humanity having been all lion snacks by now. Also, although you are right about emotions soliciting a physiological response, adrenaline is a wrong example - depression, and the resulting lack of dopamine in the brain, would be a better example of a psychosomatic correlation. The release of opiods is, like adrenaline, a conditioned response - it allows us to overcome the pain that invariably follows intense exercise. And with regards to obesity - i mean, come on - you heap fat on the outisde of your body, how surprising is it that it heaps up inside as well - hypertension, lipid abnormalities and cardiovascular disease are all caused by hightened fat concentrations, and diabetes is a result of the usually obesity-related overintake of sugars.
Actually, i fail to see just what exactly you believe Chi has right about the big picture... About things in general being interconnected, and local effects having wider ramifications? I mean, come on - that's a fact of the natural world!

You seem to be missing the boat about the negative effects adrenaline has on our minds ability to focus and our muscles ability to perform. Adrenaline readies us for "fight or flight". In athletics, adrenaline is great for the defensive linebacker blitzing in off tackle to get the quaterback. But too much adrenaline is bad for coordinated movements or thinking through the consequences of movements. So adrenaline is largely responsible for the "butterflies" you feel serving ad out and down 4-5 in the set. If you recognize the adrenaline effect and fight mightily to maintain focus you then could hit that ace down the T. But with the adrenaline, you have a greater chance of hitting long. And if the ball comes back you have a greater chance of overhitting the next ball. This is why it is best to try and stay on an even keel during a tennis match. And the best players recognize those tendencies that adrenaline can cause and reign in their emotions successfully, else they would not be the best.

I would ask you to keep an open mind about the historical and cultural place of Chi. It's framework of an interconnection within the body, between the mind and body and between self and the outside world are all concepts that have developed in philosophies (and religions) in multiple civilizations around the world. None of this unique to Chi. But for some reason some people are struck and drawn to certain philosphies and religions, some because it is all they have known, and some because of a search for a set of ideas that explains their yearning to make sense of themselves and the world. So while virtually none of the micro-mechanisms of Chi work the way of the philosphy, Chi can still be admired for its attempt to bridge the physical and ethereal.

"DEAR EDITOR: I am 8 years old.
"Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus.
"Papa says, 'If you see it in THE SUN it's so.'
"Please tell me the truth; is there a Santa Claus?

"VIRGINIA O'HANLON.
"115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET."

VIRGINIA, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except [what] they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if they did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood."
-http://www.newseum.org/yesvirginia/

ChopShot
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Certainly you are right in saying that Chi can be admired for its attempt to bridge the physical and the ethereal, for seeking to provide meaning, and so many other things. So could you with religion. What i am distancing myself from is the encroachment of a (most likely) bogus "force" on as critical a scientific field as medicine. I detest this just as heartily as i detest "The Miracle Crusade", and initiative that encourages diabetics to throw away their insulin, cancer patients to forego chemo, and pray for a miracle instead.
And now you might point out that the whole idea of Chi, the things kiteboard proposes here, are harmless, maybe even beneficial. That is besides the point. However beneficial his ideas, however noble his ideal - the encroachment of superstition upon something that needs to be the territory of scientific practice, of proven theories, is what is at stake. Nothing more, and nothing less.
And what, i might ask, prevents us from being in awe of the world through our understanding of it? Is the miracle of birth any less a miracle because we understand it? Is the love a mother feels for her child any less real for being simple instinct?
I am aware that there are things in this world beyond my comprehension. There are a host of physical phenomenons which mathematics, a language of such unrivaled expression as to be almost omnipotent, cannot describe. This, in my mind, does not make them any less real, but neither does it make them any more real.

ManuGinobili
02-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Tai Chi is real... If you bend your knees a lil, raise your arms up in front of your chest and bring ur fingertips (with arm straight) very close to each other but not touching (like 1,2 cm apart), you can feel the little electricity going thru the fingertips... yes there are tiny currents running around your body. The ancient Chinese call these biological currents the Chi or 'energy flow', and Tai Chi is about controlling these flows.

I have seen plenty of examples of humans mastering this art... so don't disregard it..

Kiteboard seems to be an accomplished player but I have not been able to get in touch with any thread he has posted, to say the least (and to be nice) :-?. Tai Chi is an art that takes huge effort and commitment to learn, and even decades to master, you can't just go out on a limb and say that.

Think about it like this, why do some tennis players/pro athletes acknowledge the wonderful effects of yoga and meditation, yet only do light yoga? Because they don't have the time and commitment to do it!

Glad I click on this thread with a grain of salt kinda expectation.

ManuGinobili
02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
double posting...

kiteboard
02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Tai Chi is real... If you bend your knees a lil, raise your arms up in front of your chest and bring ur fingertips (with arm straight) very close to each other but not touching (like 1,2 cm apart), you can feel the little electricity going thru the fingertips... yes there are tiny currents running around your body. The ancient Chinese call these biological currents the Chi or 'energy flow', and Tai Chi is about controlling these flows.

I have seen plenty of examples of humans mastering this art... so don't disregard it..

Kiteboard seems to be an accomplished player but I have not been able to get in touch with any thread he has posted, to say the least (and to be nice) :-?. Tai Chi is an art that takes huge effort and commitment to learn, and even decades to master, you can't just go out on a limb and say that.

Think about it like this, why do some tennis players/pro athletes acknowledge the wonderful effects of yoga and meditation, yet only do light yoga? Because they don't have the time and commitment to do it!

I was not gonna say anythin when the thread was first posted... but I'm bored and you guys have been all over the place, even misleaded, so I hope this info helps a lil...

Chi doesn't just exist for asians doing tai chi, a noble set of movements, with the goal of forming a literal bridge, from our bodies, to our chi bodies. Chi exists in all of us, all day long and every day, just as the A,B force does, without being able to see or feel it, doesn't mean a gaijin can't master it in his own set of noble movements.
If you went out to play tennis, as a beginner, and self taught everything, how much longer would it take to learn, if you could at all, to be a good player?
Yoga and tai chi have been around for a very long time, for very good reasons. Why reinvent the wheel, when many millions of others, before you, have already built some pretty good wheels? Then again, millions of players try, and almost all fail, often due to injury, to attain top status, in all professional sports, the whole world over, not just tennis..... For every 6.0, there are thousands of 4.5s. For every 7.0 there are thousands of 6.0s and millions of 4.0s. How many more of them would have made it with this technique? I don't know, but certainly some for sure.
The only way to play is pick up a stick; and the only way to learn is to pick up a stick; and the only way to improve and open your mind and body to something new is to pick up a stick. So pick up the chi stick, and use it to improve and heal.

Do you know that Mr. federer, stretches both am and pm, and places his legs and back under extreme flexion? He has been able to stave off just so much injury, with similar technique, except for an ankle sprain, and those are notoriously diff. to recover from. Don't you think, that his bullet proof past, has just a little bit to do with his day and night extreme flexion?

LanEvo
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I find that "channeling chi energy" is another way of saying "relax, clear your mind and meditate," which is just good in general.

I think I've read somewhere awhile back that if you think about certain parts of your body, such as when you're working out abs, think about your ab muscles, then it'd be more effective. Maybe thinking about healing your wound actually does something physically to the body?

I do know that a scientific experiment had cancer patients think about their body fighting the cancer cells and in most cases it was more effective than others who were not told to do anything specific, aside from getting treatment.

isnt that what we call getting laid?

r2473
02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
The only way to play is pick up a stick; and the only way to learn is to pick up a stick; and the only way to improve and open your mind and body to something new is to pick up a stick.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE111/got-stick_~HKCL0078.jpg

The_Steak
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q

This thread is now over. At first I didn't believe chi, but now.

MIND=BLOWN

r2473
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
kiteboard: Can you light a newspaper on fire using Chi?

That was pretty cool.

The_Steak
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
kiteboard: Can you light a newspaper on fire using Chi?

That was pretty cool.

I'm glad I have opened your mind to the power of chi. Although, I have no effing clue of how to access it.

r2473
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm glad I have opened your mind to the power of chi. Although, I have no effing clue of how to access it.

Are you talking about "Yin Chi" or "Yang Chi"?

kiteboard
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F3ovb2kZ9Q

This thread is now over. At first I didn't believe chi, but now.

MIND=BLOWN

That's an amazing video. Don't doubt the authenticity one bit. Too many genuine reactions in that video. No acting there.

I've met someone like him, Davyat Sharna, who claimed we knew each other in a past life, and I was an islander, with a family, a fisherman. I did a past life regression with him, and coincidentally, my father invited him, unbeknown to me, to dinner, although I did not know they knew each other at all.
I had very dark skin, and was a throw net master. Had a hut, and a wife, and a hearth always burning.
I don't know if I can light anything on fire with my chi, I would never try it that way. I only use it to heal myself and for partner/pleasurable reasons. Chi masters can shoot it across the air to others, as I have done many times. It is not electricity per se, but sort of feels squiggly yet powerful, shocking but not ac, more like dc; and I saw they had an ac meter, the wrong type of electricity meter to measure it. Long low wave ac maybe, almost direct current. To the receiver, it feels like static electricity/crossed with long low wave ac, yet, paradoxically, at high frequency: zap-----zappzapp. From the sender, it feels like you are "shoving" a force field, a beam of power, a flow of electricity without wires or grounds, or circuits, other than the human circuit, as both become one.

kiteboard
02-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Are you talking about "Yin Chi" or "Yang Chi"?

Yin chi or yang chi, that is the question. Whether it is nobler to yin, or to yang, or to live here, without ever knowing how or trying to: project from your navel/abdomen, the force that heals, or draw into self, the disease that vexes, others. I think he means female vs. male chi, or yin vs. yang. Female; drawing in from others, the sick chi from them, male: expelling healthy chi into others, to heal them with the force flowing from the ether flux field; and as you can see, a voltmeter will not measure it.

kiteboard
02-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Do you know how to use the kegel muscle around the perineum? Do you know how to tighten your abdomen around your navel area, and increase your blood pressure to the max? Do those simultaneously, and "shove" the energy at the injury, with the intention of healing it, and you are accessing chi.

Tina
02-10-2010, 07:18 PM
My aunt helped me reduce pain after surgery by Chi-Kung. It really worked well. I am not sure whether you guys know about this. -Tina

snoopy
02-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Crafty use of Chi-Ting helps me win matches.

ManuGinobili
06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
One more sick video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu99GRUUN6Y

Funny thing is these videos are old as dirt, which means after decades Westerners are still reluctant to admit Chi aka flaws in their science

XFactorer
06-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Why would you question chi when you're contemplating acupuncture for plantar fasciitis? Acupuncture is based on the flow of chi and where it's holdin' up and where it's flowing more fluidly. Blah blah blah.

Chi, like the Easter Bunny, isn't real. Both are commercialized to get you to spend more money.

XFactorer
06-08-2010, 11:46 PM
One more sick video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu99GRUUN6Y

Funny thing is these videos are old as dirt, which means after decades Westerners are still reluctant to admit Chi aka flaws in their science

Wow. Well, there's video proof of chi! I stand corrected.

And actually, the old guy is practicing an ancient technique called "bullshido."

http://skeptoid.com/episode.php?id=4189&comments=all