PDA

View Full Version : A very interesting story!

danniflava
04-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Okay. In December, I played tennis with a 30+ year-old who is really rich and has a lot of connections. He works with my mom, indirectly. Anyhoo, I was mentioning to him that I had been looking for a new Wilson racquet, and he said that he could get me whatever I wanted for free. I was like, "WOW! Thanks."

Anyway, I told him that I wanted the Wilson nCode n3. I had been asking my mom everyday for 2 months if this guy had come, because it was taking so long (it was probably around March time now).

Anyway, I gave up hope on the racquet coming, and finally, YESTERDAY, my mother called me telling me that this guy came and got my racquet.

He said that his friend saw Daniel Nestor demoing it, and it was a BRAND NEW release from Wilson. So he asked if he could get me the racquet. It's a WILSON TRIAD 6.5, and it hasn't been out in the public yet. It's yellow and black.

Anyway, this guy totally ignored my preferences, and I am left with this racquet. It was really expensive, and the strings are $50.00, but I'm just not sure I like the weight, string tension, colour, and other specs. He got me the ABSOLUTELY OPPOSITE of what I really wanted.

Anyway, I want to know if anybody has heard of this racquet, and/or what do you think of the racquet or the story.

CharlieTENNIS
04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Old frame....I saw it at Sports Authority over a year ago...

danniflava
04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Old frame....I saw it at Sports Authority over a year ago...

Are you sure it's this racquet? Can I have a picture, because I can't find it on any websites anywhere.

Ben42
04-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Here's a link to a german **** auction.
http://cgi.****.de/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5191331901

I'm guessing it's a European only frame. Probably discontinued. Does Wilson make Triad frames anymore in Europe? They don't in the states.

Zeta
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Yes, they do.
Triad 4, 5, 5 OS, 6.

Jon Hampton
04-28-2005, 04:26 PM
One of my good friends a few years back used to play with this racket. It wasn't very popular in the states, apparently. Maybe the guy pretends he's a millionaire and then after tennis goes and works back at his pawn shop :)

Remember, it's the thought that counts!

antontd
04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
A TRIAD 6.5 - EUR 79
Strings - $50(or $2)
A rich man look - costly
Getting out with young tennis boys - priceless :mrgreen:

GrahamIsSuper
04-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Anton, that was quite possibly the most disturbing (yet hilarious) thing that I have EVER read. Bravo, Sir, bravo.

Sell the thing on ****, or go down to your local country club and drop subtle hints about how it's Agassi's new racket, and it isn't releasd to the public yet. Perhaps then, lad, you will get some money for a stick you DO want.

danniflava
04-29-2005, 04:52 PM
I am shocked at this thread. I mean, I trusted this guy, and he works for my mom!! What is gonna happen when I tell her about this???

danniflava
04-29-2005, 04:53 PM
One of my good friends a few years back used to play with this racket. It wasn't very popular in the states, apparently. Maybe the guy pretends he's a millionaire and then after tennis goes and works back at his pawn shop :)

Remember, it's the thought that counts!

Yeah, the thought of LYING!

Ace
04-29-2005, 05:24 PM
He's probably some con man, wanted by the FBI. You should post his picture on the internet.

His name isn't Delmart Vreeland, is it? :D

Prostaffer
04-29-2005, 05:35 PM
at least you got a free racquet out of it!!!

either way...it's an old frame that was only sold at the sports authority.

the guy probably forgot and gave you one of his old racquets. these old rich tennis guys buy every frame ever made and most of the time just have them sitting in their basements.

montx
04-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Tell your mom and show her this thread.

Baseline Basher
04-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Free racquet man. Sell it and get the one you want.

goober
04-29-2005, 09:33 PM
The dude seems at best trying to pull a fast one on you or at worst a pathologic liar. First of all Triad is an old line of racquets isn't it? How can he tell you that it is a brand new release from wilson. That is like somebody saying they have a new Prince More series racquet. I can't see Wilson going back to release a new Triad racquet unless it was n-coded.

Second $50 string job? Unless it was gut which I highly doubt it was, I bet you the racquet was prestrung with cheap monosythetic gut.

Still it was free so you can't complain, but I have a feeling this guy could not get you any racquet you wanted for free as he claimed or he would have done so. If he is so "rich and has lots of conncetions" the best he can do is give you an old racquet and pass it off as something new? He sounds like someone who boasts or brags a lot and can't back up his talk.

montx
04-29-2005, 10:12 PM
I agree with goober, even a babolat VS gut isn't as expensive, plus why would he advertise a $50 string job. Someone who really cares probably would have taken time with you to make a suggestion into what you want and whats best for you.

Its like when i go on a date, who remembers having the orange juice at the store with me, and who remembers the trip to the gucci store.

I don't want to judge but if he keeps advertising what he did for you then I would be more cautious of him.

Good luck and show the thread to mom

federer_nadal
04-30-2005, 03:43 AM
who cares, your mum will prob say this : shut up who cares its for free just keep it. If anything she will prob give im a raise afer all its ar racquet.

what are the specs?

Rackethead
04-30-2005, 04:27 AM
Well I'd be very careful about dealing with this guy ... if he's a liar and a con man, it's a bad idea to do business with him. Your Mom should be warned. He probably isn't rich either ... a rich person wouldn't con a person over a tennis racket (maybe over an oil company, or an internet stock...but not a racket).

Take the racket and sell it on **** ... maybe you can get $50 for it.

ssjkyle31
04-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Maybe he is testing you. Or he is not rich. If he was rich than why is he working with your mom. Is your mom rich? Why is he working anyway? He should be playing tennis :>. I would just keep the gift and forget about it. The ncode, flexpoint and etc is just marketing hype to get people to buy more rackets. Is your mom hot looking? Maybe he has other motive?

Pushmaster
04-30-2005, 05:52 AM
Tell your mom and show her this thread.
Dude, can you at least find an original avatar. I was here 1st...

Richie Rich
04-30-2005, 06:13 AM
those yellow and black Triad 6.5 racquets were on clearout from Wilson Canada LAST SUMMER and cost about $40Cdn. I think they sold them at Sportsmart and Sportcheck. I doubt Nestor would even touch the frame.

Sorry buddy - he's lying to you big time.

danniflava
04-30-2005, 03:00 PM
those yellow and black Triad 6.5 racquets were on clearout from Wilson Canada LAST SUMMER and cost about $40Cdn. I think they sold them at Sportsmart and Sportcheck. I doubt Nestor would even touch the frame.

Sorry buddy - he's lying to you big time.

:=!!!

OMG!!!

I can't believe it. If he couldn't get me the racquet, why wouldn't he just tell me?

danniflava
04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
I just checked the strings, and the $50.00 strings are Wilson Sensation. Yeah, $50.00 my ***.

lude popper
05-01-2005, 06:33 AM
here is where the story gets silly:
he's very rich, connected and can get you whatever racquet you want...free.
here is where the story gets scary:
he shows up at your door wearing an overcoat with high heels and lipstick.

advice: I don't care who this guys knows or what he can get for free: stay away from strangers with candy.

danniflava
05-01-2005, 09:52 AM
here is where the story gets silly:
he's very rich, connected and can get you whatever racquet you want...free.
here is where the story gets scary:
he shows up at your door wearing an overcoat with high heels and lipstick.

advice: I don't care who this guys knows or what he can get for free: stay away from strangers with candy.

He's not a stranger. He's actually a friend of my mother's. I just can't seem to understand this.

stc9357
05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
misiti email me back asap I want to accept the offer you presented me

montx
05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I will follow this story